User Tag List

Page 81 of 90 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1343
Like Tree4771Likes

Thread: Spring into Savings - April Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Okey dokey don't laugh I have so many bank accounts

checking (where all fixed payments come out like mortgage, car insurance, etc)
    Satelitte/Phone (no cell) $120.00 month
    Gas $150x 4 weeks = $600.00 month
    Internet $56.50 month
    Hydro $160-$200.00 varies (I pay $200.00 each month regardless) I am now 1 month prepaid
    Groceries $100.00 week x 4 = $400.00 includes everything from cleaners, pet food, our food)
    $25.00 Splurge jar weekly
    $25.00 Miscellaneous jar weekly
    $60.00 bi-weekly into savings account for household items (furniture, christmas, anything really)
    $25.00 a week x2 boys into savings account = $50.00 week x 4 weeks = $200.00
    $74.00 automatic mortgage prepayment weekly = $296.00 month
    $100.00 Vehicle maintenance account (just started at end of March
    $100.00 Renovations account
    $100.00 Family vacation - monthly
    $1000.00 into my income tax/savings account
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I received a surprise refund yesterday - quite a surprise becsause i really didnt think my health plan covered birth control AND i didnt know the pharmacy using the auto pay card and it saying i ahd to pay upfront put a claim in for me. I had actually just printed off the claim form and checked the mail before i went back to work (can mail stuff on the work mail run) and was shocked to find a check for something i hadnt sent in myself.

I sent it to my savings account because i really really hadnt expected to get that money back.

I kind of "broke" my 52 week savings challenge today - i had final intentions for it which i decided that now when my challenge (still following it) gets to 300 saved I'll deposit the money to where the final intention was as it helps someone else out now when they need it. So i deposited the first $300 to that account today. I'm still saving it but its not sitting in the jar not helping where it needs to now.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

congrats on the refund,

what was your 52 week savings challenge if you want to share?

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    I received a surprise refund yesterday - quite a surprise becsause i really didnt think my health plan covered birth control AND i didnt know the pharmacy using the auto pay card and it saying i ahd to pay upfront put a claim in for me. I had actually just printed off the claim form and checked the mail before i went back to work (can mail stuff on the work mail run) and was shocked to find a check for something i hadnt sent in myself.

I sent it to my savings account because i really really hadnt expected to get that money back.

I kind of "broke" my 52 week savings challenge today - i had final intentions for it which i decided that now when my challenge (still following it) gets to 300 saved I'll deposit the money to where the final intention was as it helps someone else out now when they need it. So i deposited the first $300 to that account today. I'm still saving it but its not sitting in the jar not helping where it needs to now.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Got a frugal deal on a new outfit for DH today. Since he isn't customer facing at the bank he can go in business casual. Picked up a pair of Chinos (gosh that sounds so snotty and preppy) and a new golf shirt for him from Marks. I had a $25 g/c I got for my birthday and they were both on clearance so my cost was only $8.88 . An entire outfit for under $10. Very happy.

AND!!! the best part of all, when I called him to make sure I had the right inseam, he said, do we really need to get them, we are saving (before I told him the price)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

So your dh is on board (lol), great bargains.

Quote Originally Posted by gourmetsue View Post
    Got a frugal deal on a new outfit for DH today. Since he isn't customer facing at the bank he can go in business casual. Picked up a pair of Chinos (gosh that sounds so snotty and preppy) and a new golf shirt for him from Marks. I had a $25 g/c I got for my birthday and they were both on clearance so my cost was only $8.88 . An entire outfit for under $10. Very happy.

AND!!! the best part of all, when I called him to make sure I had the right inseam, he said, do we really need to get them, we are saving (before I told him the price)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    So your dh is on board (lol), great bargains.
    yes finally on board. Now let's see if he can get through his first Big Mac craving. I swear he'd run me down to get to a big mac (shudder!)

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Home with a sick baby today. Had to get prescriptions filled for him. I am so, so, so thankful for having drug plans (both me and hubby). Hubby's meds are super expensive. We used to struggle to pay the $200+ a month for his meds. I'll never again in my life take drug plans for granted!

As the kids get older, I actually buy more expensive but better quality clothes. The reason being that as they got older, they wear their clothes longer before outgrowing them. So rather than replace cheap clothes when they wear through them, I buy quality that they wear until they outgrow and are usually in good enough shape for the next one.

I also buy name brand snowsuits. Living North of 60, I find a Walmart brand snowsuit just won't cut it.

And shoes. I never buy 2nd hand shoes and try to buy quality shoes for the kiddies.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Well we are officially moving tmw even though I'm here now with the kids. Been a long day but I'm so glad we are here and getting settled.
    Join me, and other women like YOU! BELIEVE & TRANSFORM is a community of positive, uplifting women who support and encourage each other with ZERO judgement!

We are women supporting women; moms helping moms. We are YOU. Join us today

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Print him off some coupons for his cravings (lol)

yes finally on board. Now let's see if he can get through his first Big Mac craving. I swear he'd run me down to get to a big mac (shudder!)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

WIshing you the best in your new house. You obviously have internet (lol) already!

Quote Originally Posted by Bronwen View Post
    Well we are officially moving tmw even though I'm here now with the kids. Been a long day but I'm so glad we are here and getting settled.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    congrats on the refund,

what was your 52 week savings challenge if you want to share?
    I found it online basically you start with week one and put a dollar away the next week you put $2 away then $3 increasing the value saved each week by a dollar for 52 weeks. The end result is having $1378. I altered it a bit by putting in "extra so far for the beginning weeks so that when i get to around Christmas time the higher value saved is offset. I was on week 14 but also had week 50 51 and 52 accounted for as well.

a bit better explanation is http://www.savingadvice.com/articles...challenge.html

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Please don't mention the words Big Mac around pregnant women..... DH's are not the only ones with cravings.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Please don't mention the words Big Mac around pregnant women..... DH's are not the only ones with cravings.
    LOL. sorry

AHAH JasperandChar If he had coupons for McD's I may never see him again.

Bronwen - Good luck with the move today! Hope things go well.

Maybe tomato sauce for a veggie lasagna yesterday so I'm cleaning out the freezer which is taking up a big spot on my To Do list at the moment.

Wishing you all a great start to the weekend!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

well, the money spent shopping today will take a bigger hit, as I have to purchase a few extra gluten free supplies ( I actually have coupons for Glutino too, hooray) and I am going back on my 6wbmo eating plan, so there will be separate items I buying for just myself. Who knows what DH, and the 2 kids will want to eat while I am trying to lose that weight ( again!) This time I am leaving them to fend for themselves since Univ is over I figure they can upgrade their cooking skills a bit.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367066964.989942.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  26.2 KB

Bought a crib rail bc DD was biting. Didn't fit. Made my own with a receiving blanket and now am saving us $20. I think it was Anna Michele who posted the idea in another thread.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Page 81 of 90 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 ... LastLast

Thread Information