User Tag List

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
Like Tree284Likes

Thread: Boston Marathon hit by explosions

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes...this is the first time I've had this experience and I'm well aware of how lucky that makes me.
    dededi likes this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

ETA attacks including bombings..

FARC attacks including bombings..

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by abbasgirl View Post
    Yes...this is the first time I've had this experience and I'm well aware of how lucky that makes me.

Sadly.. you get used to it if you are close enough for many years....

I just spent 2 hours talking to Penguinette 1 about 9/11..she was 3 at the time and it's now part of her (culture or ethics { she did tell me but I can't remember ATM}) studies .

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That's the thing. I don't want to get used to it. It bothers me that I treated a complete stranger with such suspicion that her totally innocent action caused a fight or flight response.
    vesper likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

well it has been long predicted that bombings will become more popular once crazies figure out how easy it is. There was concern that Hollywood would glorify bombers, and this past summer there was a very umpopular film that glorified the weather underground bombers. Hope it doesn't become normal here either. I can't imagine living in England during that time or Israel.
    abbasgirl likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

US seeks death penalty in Boston Bombings

The US government says it will seek the death penalty against Boston Marathon bombings suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.
    US Attorney General Eric Holder said in a statement: "The nature of the conduct at issue and the resultant harm compel this decision."
    Seventeen of 30 charges against the 20-year-old - including using a weapon of mass destruction to kill - carry the possibility of capital punishment.
    The bombings killed three and injured more than 260 in April 2013.
    Mr Tsarnaev has pleaded not guilty and no trial date has been set.
    Prosecutors allege that Mr Tsarnaev and his deceased older brother, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, built and planted two pressure cooker bombs near the finish line of the marathon.
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Trial date set for November

A judge has set a November trial date for Boston marathon bombing suspect Dzokhar Tsarnaev, rejecting defence lawyer pleas for more time.
    The accused has pleaded not guilty to 30 charges, of which 17 carry the possibility of capital punishment.
    dededi likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Boston Bmbing jury selection begins

His trial is expected to last at least three months.
    Jury selection alone is expected to take several weeks as Judge George O'Toole selects 12 jurors and six alternates from about 1,200 prospective jurors who have been summoned to the court in Boston.
    The process could be made more complicated if potential jurors express objections to the death penalty.
    Testimony is unlikely to begin until February, the Boston Globe reported, and a verdict may not be announced until late spring or early summer.
    dededi likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Jury debating guilt in Boston bombing

Jurors in Boston are considering whether Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is guilty of carrying out the bombing of the 2013 city marathon.
    The jury of seven women and five men began the process on Tuesday, nearly two years after the attacks killed three and injured more than 260 people.
    The court heard that Mr Tsarnaev "wanted to punish America" for its wars in Muslim countries.
    Defence lawyers concede Mr Tsarnaev played a role but want his life spared.
    They say he should not be executed because his older brother Tamerlan, killed in the aftermath, was the mastermind.
    dededi likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Judy has reached a verdict. Guilty on the most serious counts and will be eligible for the death penalty.

At the moment, he has been found guilty of 15 of 30 charges. Remaining charges still to be read.
    Last edited by trishka; Wed, Apr 8th, 2015 at 02:25 PM.
    Darth Penguin and dededi like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev has been found guilty of all 30 charges. Now a decision will have to be made as to whether he will receive the death penalty.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It will be interesting to see the debates over whether or nor he should get the death penalty...
    Natalka and dededi like this.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

It's a Federal courtcase so the death penalty would be carried out in another state as Massachusetts doesn't have the DP laws.

I suspect the DP will be handed down and many years of legalese wrangling to come.
    dededi likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Here's a story for you....when my hubby and I were in Pearson airport last week, waiting for our flight to Washington, we were in a 'coffee shop', and I noticed, just beside us, a black bag, tucked onto a high chair behind a short wall. Unattended!! I told my hubby that we're supposed to report such things, so when our waiter arrived, he mentioned it to him. The waiter shrugged and said he'd find someone to tell.
    Well, I wasn't happy with his response, thinking surely this needs to be taken seriously, so I got up from my wheelchair and went to the desk where we were to check in for our flight, where I went up to two Air Canada employees. I told them about the 'black bag', and they just shrugged their shoulders, TOO, and one MUMBLED, oh, someone probably forgot it, happens all the time, we'll, um...find someone...And her voice trailed off. I was too shocked to say anything more, no one seemed concerned, so there we sat, next to a black, unattended bag!!!! No one ever showed up to investigate it!!!

About a half hour later!, the waiter came up to us and said that it belonged to a staff member, who just stashed it there!!! REALLY?! They're allowed to stash bags wherever they please?! I'm still upset.

I swear, the security at that airport is NON-EXISTENT!!! I'm still so angry. We took a picture of it.
    Last edited by Lynn49; Mon, Apr 27th, 2015 at 11:38 AM.
    abbasgirl and dededi like this.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread Information