User Tag List

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast
Like Tree284Likes

Thread: Boston Marathon hit by explosions

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    It's a Federal courtcase so the death penalty would be carried out in another state as Massachusetts doesn't have the DP laws.

I suspect the DP will be handed down and many years of legalese wrangling to come.
    Did you see the video of him in his cell...he was washing his face and looked up at the camera and gave it the finger!
    Fry him!!!
    dededi likes this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I mentioned in another thread about how pleased I was that my younger relatives don't live that kind of fear. I remember at the begining of every school term for several years going though "What to do is you see an unattended bag" assembly during the height of the Troubles...
    dededi likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Here's a story for you....when my hubby and I were in Pearson airport last week, waiting for our flight to Washington, we were in a 'coffee shop', and I noticed, just beside us, a black bag, tucked onto a high chair behind a short wall. Unattended!! I told my hubby that we're supposed to report such things, so when our waiter arrived, he mentioned it to him. The waiter shrugged and said he'd find someone to tell.
    Well, I wasn't happy with his response, thinking surely this needs to be taken seriously, so I got up from my wheelchair and went to the desk where we were to check in for our flight, where I went up to two Air Canada employees. I told them about the 'black bag', and they just shrugged their shoulders, TOO, and one MUMBLED, oh, someone probably forgot it, happens all the time, we'll, um...find someone...And her voice trailed off. I was too shocked to say anything more, no one seemed concerned, so there we sat, next to a black, unattended bag!!!! No one ever showed up to investigate it!!!

About a half hour later!, the waiter came up to us and said that it belonged to a staff member, who just stashed it there!!! REALLY?! They're allowed to stash bags wherever they please?! I'm still upset.

I swear, the security at that airport is NON-EXISTENT!!! I'm still so angry. We took a picture of it.
    Go to this link and complete the security form. That is not the kind of attitude that airport staff should have, nor should staff be able to store stuff like that.
    seylz_gurl and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by trishka View Post
    Go to this link and complete the security form. That is not the kind of attitude that airport staff should have, nor should staff be able to store stuff like that.
    Thank you Trishka, I did exactly that just now! I even offered to send them the photo we took of it...let's see if anyone cares NOW!
    Natalka likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Thank you Trishka, I did exactly that just now! I even offered to send them the photo we took of it...let's see if anyone cares NOW!
    Hopefully they do, because that should not be happening and staff should not be treating it that way. That's obviously not to say that everyone panics, but the proper authorities should be called and the staff at the coffee shop should have that number available.
    Lynn49 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Well...so far, no one's gotten back to me....It's just not reassuring that this sort of thing can happen....I mean, lots of people leave their bags behind on the seats to fetch a magazine, a drink, etc, but one always hopes that it's exactly what they're doing and usually they're not alone, they have someone with them who stays behind...or not...but still...this was stashed where no one would normally see it. Madness not to investigate it!
    dededi likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

He has received the death penalty from the Jury
    Natalka and dededi like this.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Tsarnaev, who was convicted last month of 17 capital charges, was sentenced to death for six of them. Jurors deliberated for about 14 hours over the course of three days.

With the death sentence, Tsarnaev’s case will automatically be appealed to a higher federal court. That likely begins a series of appeals that could take years to resolve.

The federal government currently has a moratorium on all executions, and has not executed a death row inmate since 2003. Timothy McVeigh, convicted in the Oklahoma City bombing, was executed in 2001 after spending four years on federal death row.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/mas...low%3Afacebook
    dededi likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

THe whole appeals thing was why I was against the DP since it's just going to make he bomber a semi-celeb every time a new appeaal is heard and every survivor and victim's family member will suffer anew.
    Lynn49, GoJays and dededi like this.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

The death penalty is too good for him. He should be locked in solitary confinement for the rest of his life. No books, no outside contact from anyone or anything, no window, nothing. That's what he deserves.
    gryphon, Lynn49 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

He has been sentenced to death
    dededi likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Glad he opened his mouth and actually said something, not that anything would help -

Imposing the sentence, Judge O'Toole called the jury's verdict "rational based on the evidence."
    "Whenever your name is mentioned, all that will be remembered is the evil you have done," he told Tsarnaev before sentencing him to death.
    Tsarnaev will be taken to Terre Haute, Ind., to the federal government's death row. An appeals process is likely to take years.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...peaks-in-court
    Lynn49, DaveP and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

His sweet non-apology...

I am sorry for the lives I have taken, for the suffering that I have caused you, for the damage I have done, irreparable damage," he said.
    dededi likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    Did he have his fingers crossed behind his back? If the guy said the sky was blue I wouldn't believe him.
    I agree with Jays....behind bars, contact with no one, no resources, no recreation, just hell on the earth he created for his victims and their families...and for himself!!
    dededi likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I say fry the B#####D and let God deal with him

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread Information