User Tag List

Page 51 of 116 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast
Like Tree5786Likes

Thread: May the Savings be with you - May Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Actually, I'll ask DH tonight. As the wording writer on coupons, you'd think he'd know, though his product lines don't include personal hygiene items. He'll probably add that as a disclaimer, that he's not familiar with their product line.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I just got the call from the Assistant Director of Education...he was one of the people who interviewed me yesterday. They are not offering me a position at this time. He said that I interviewed well, but that they had a deep candidate pool this time around. He encouraged me to apply for future teaching contracts in those grade levels because they would like me to teach for them in the future.

I am on the substitute teacher list.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

On a different note, I ordered a $4 Chapman icecream coupon earlier today from the Chapman Kids website.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Weekend plans..... Enjoying the sunshine! Suppose to be a nice weekend so we will be puttering around the house, trips to the park, bike rides, BBQs and a drive to a local beach/arcade for treat for the kids. Looking forward to being around the house and being outside

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Sorry to hear this but atleast you are on the substitute list which is still awesome. Keep applying you never know. Hope you feel better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I just got the call from the Assistant Director of Education...he was one of the people who interviewed me yesterday. They are not offering me a position at this time. He said that I interviewed well, but that they had a deep candidate pool this time around. He encouraged me to apply for future teaching contracts in those grade levels because they would like me to teach for them in the future.

I am on the substitute teacher list.
    Caseythegoalie likes this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

sweet treat, great company in my opinion and I love the games, they are pretty difficult, I was playing this am and could not beat the clock

On a different note, I ordered a $4 Chapman icecream coupon earlier today from the Chapman Kids website.
    Caseythegoalie likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It is easy to get onto the substitute teacher list in both of the school divisions because there is such a shortage of subs. I have heard before that this is the third hardest school division to get teaching contracts in Saskatchewan (right behind Regina and Saskatoon). I am a relatively new teacher, but I did have a 6 month full-time teaching contract when I was pregnant with my son last year. I received good feedback, but I am disappointed that I was not offered a position. I have applied for about 6 different teaching contract with the public school division this spring, but I was never called for an interview.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Frugal saving: I got a Simply Orange 1,75 L free at Super C when I purchased a coca cola case of 24 at 6,99$ value of OJ: 3,49$ Nice to get it this 2 for 1.needed the 2 This is the same promo as last year snullagaffus (did not her of them since very long time) shared for a school Donation( of PattySmith) has she purchased some for her store I think
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Question of the Day

Do you cover you couch/chair - do you have a slip-cover on your furniture? Do you have a blanket/throw on your couch to protect it and for easy wash?

Does your couch have a washable cover such as the Ikea couches?

How do you keep your chair/couch stain free?
    Because I worked in a high end home furniture decor store for a LONG time, I have a slipcover couch in white. Yep! You read that right- White. It is a natural white, mind you. But, it is white and it is perfect for my toddler, hubby, two cats and puppy. The slipcover is made out a heavy duty denim. Thanks to sale and employee discount- it is one of the best purchases I have ever made.

Because it is white heavy duty denim- I can treat, soak, chlorine bleach, peroxide, boil, or line bleach anything that may find itself on my couch. The fabric can and has taken a beating. I don't have to worry, because it isn't a colour, about trying to wash the whole slipcover pieces together to avoid discolouration. And I don't spend $$$ on chemical treatments, that only last as long as how often the couch is used (the more you sit and use your couch, the more the coating comes off on your body/clothes). And, I don't have to worry about off gases from the fabric treatment nor the fabric dyes for my little ones. It is surprisingly practical! I would buy it again.

I <3 my couch, can you tell?? LOL!!!

And as for Frugal Confessions- I have one! I too like Giseledta, run a dishwasher load during the day. But, have lately been successful pulling it off @ midpeak. As for laundry- sometimes stuff just has to get done!
    Last edited by matty's mom; Wed, May 15th, 2013 at 05:00 PM.
    ROAK a Huggies or Pampers code to my local pregnancy centre- toys, clothes, food & diapers always needed!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Jasper I totally think it depends on the cashier........good luck let us know how it goes
    jasperandchar likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well today I called Kraft as my old cheddar cheese tasted more like mild or medium-very mild flavour-so they are sending an FPC out! Yesterday I called Green Drop because they came out to spray my weeds last week and really you can barely see any dead ones due to all the live ones-anyway she said as a courtesy they will come out and respray so I hope my yard will start looking better. I bought some Vitamin D at SDM and they charged me more than the shelf price-so I got the vitamins and 8.40 back from SCOP. And the best thing today was driving out past Banff and being able to pull my car over for 20 minutes and watch a bear eating by the side of the road-priceless!

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    Well, it looks like our 13 year old top loading May tag is needing repairs or replacement. Looking to you all frugal people for advice. I took the front panel off and watched a load go through the cycle. It is dripping from the seal underneath that is up against the drum. As well, I have been using a Downy ball for fabric softener because the dispenser doesn't do the job and I was told that this could mean that the machine isn't spinning properly and the bearings could be rusty and such. I called a repair guy and he ranted on and on about how much junk all the new washing machines are. But he also said that it would cost me $325-400 to fix ours if the bearings are also toast.

So....anyone with some advice? I called a young lad who just finished the Appliance repair course (lives out of town) and he told me that Inglis Top Loader is built well in his opinion. He told me to stay away from HE models and just stick with a basic model b/c less can go wrong and they last longer apparently. But what do I know about this stuff lol...that's why I'm asking you guys....
    Well it looks like we will be going to shop for a new washing machine for sure now. My hubby is checking the library to see if there are any Consumer reports comparing various top loaders. If anyone here has an opinion on what to buy or what brands to stay away from, I'd love to hear it.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Time to Catch up, spent the day at our New North Bay location, it is a 3 hour drive so I as up at 3:30 am to meet our sales manager at 4:30 am .

I have not had a chance to really look at the flyers just a brief glace. Too tired tonight to really pay attention so tomorrow night I will check.

P&G samples are arriving I got mine today and dh also, I use 2 addresses

I've had a quick glance at the FreshCo, Food Basics and No Frills flyers that start at the end of the week and all I can say or perhaps the picture best describes it 4 for 4

What are you going to be buying?
    This weekend I am working the good news is we only work 4 hours, Saturday 8 am to noon, bad news we are never busy on a long weekend so 4 hours feels more like 16. I was kind of hoping some plans would come up for this weekend but so far nothing. If nothing else comes up Saturday afternoon we will be going workout wear shopping as I think we are going to join curves (me and my mom).

On Sunday mom has been invited to a BBQ and Fireworks, not sure if I want to tag along or not yet, again deep down hoping I would have other plans.

Monday will be house cleaning and prep for the week.

Inquiring Minds Want To Know

What are your plans for this upcoming long weekend?
    Our current couch is crap, sadly we went for price over quality and we are paying for it. We need a new one but cannot go and get a new one until the house is clean so they can get in tot deliver a new one.

Question of the Day

Do you cover you couch/chair - do you have a slip-cover on your furniture? Do you have a blanket/throw on your couch to protect it and for easy wash?

Does your couch have a washable cover such as the Ikea couches?

How do you keep your chair/couch stain free?
    We have been eating a TON of take out lately. Mom seems to have very little interest in cooking as she is not feeling well (still has her cold), and my feet bugged me for almost a week so by the time I got off work I could not imagine standing. Also work has been kicking my butt so by the time I get home all I want to do is collapse and do not have the energy to fight or disagree. I am getting so sick of take out, hopefully this week we can get back to normal.

Do you have a Frugal Confession??? (NO JUDGING) (thanks Giseledta for the idea)

Sorry to hear jobs are so hard to get there. It is the dame for teachers here as well, my cousin's wife is a teacher and there was not one opening she could apply for this year locally. After some research she found there were opening where our new location is so my Cousin took the job as branch manager and he has moved up there and she will follow in July when her current contract ends. Not sure if she did get a job up there as I have no spoken to her in awhile.

It is easy to get onto the substitute teacher list in both of the school divisions because there is such a shortage of subs. I have heard before that this is the third hardest school division to get teaching contracts in Saskatchewan (right behind Regina and Saskatoon). I am a relatively new teacher, but I did have a 6 month full-time teaching contract when I was pregnant with my son last year. I received good feedback, but I am disappointed that I was not offered a position. I have applied for about 6 different teaching contract with the public school division this spring, but I was never called for an interview.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    Well it looks like we will be going to shop for a new washing machine for sure now. My hubby is checking the library to see if there are any Consumer reports comparing various top loaders. If anyone here has an opinion on what to buy or what brands to stay away from, I'd love to hear it.
    LG . mine was a brand new front loader. it lasted 3 years, 3 months. the dryer is currently 3 yrs 9 months ( we bought a set) is still going, but a load takes nearly 2 hours to dry. Contacted thier customer service, I was not impressed and will never buy another washer from them again. ever.
    Last edited by Giseledta; Wed, May 15th, 2013 at 08:57 PM.
    lecale and jasperandchar like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Wed, Jan 21st, 2015 at 08:35 AM.
    Giseledta and jasperandchar like this.

Page 51 of 116 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast

Thread Information