Page 76 of 613 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 126 176 576 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 9181
Like Tree19379Likes

Thread: PC Plus Programme

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by elizabethjohn2005 View Post
    yea, the one that says PC financial is the points from our mastercard and one with the store name is PC plus
    i went to nofrils and redeem the points for petrocanada GCs, an option if you have PC mastercard
    I don't have a PC Financial Mastercard, but I do have the Debit card. I requested by phone some time ago to have my Debit card (and its associated points...approx 30K) combined with my month old PCPlus Rewards account, where I have already earned over 370K points since I joined. Once combined do you think I will be able to use all those points at NoFrill for GCs or groceries, by presenting the PC Debit card? My assumption is that both sources of pts will end up in one bucket so to speak, and even though NoFrills is a non-participant in PCPlus Rewards, they'd have to allow redemption of all the points?
    What do you think? thanks.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponmummy View Post
    I got 1400 personal offer points for Breyers ice cream. It's on sale for 1.99 at Provigo and Loblaws, Saturday only sale.
    59 cents for a tub. Time to defrost a turkey to make room for a few tubs.
    Limit of 4.

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Such a sweet deal... couponmummy
    Last edited by orchidgirl; Sat, Dec 21st, 2013 at 08:26 PM.
    LF: Colgate Toothpaste $1.50, Huggies & Pampers Coupons

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    254 (100%)

i dont have a debit card with them , i only have mastercard, but i think you should be able to redeem your pc plus too in nofrills , when i shop at no frills the receipt shows the total(pc plus and mastercard) points , since it is going to the same account i was able to redeem at nofrills multiple times and i have 2 MC going to the same pc plus, the points adds up sooo fast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pointsman View Post
    I don't have a PC Financial Mastercard, but I do have the Debit card. I requested by phone some time ago to have my Debit card (and its associated points...approx 30K) combined with my month old PCPlus Rewards account, where I have already earned over 370K points since I joined. Once combined do you think I will be able to use all those points at NoFrill for GCs or groceries, by presenting the PC Debit card? My assumption is that both sources of pts will end up in one bucket so to speak, and even though NoFrills is a non-participant in PCPlus Rewards, they'd have to allow redemption of all the points?
    What do you think? thanks.
    Pointsman likes this.

my trade list and wishlist, check it out, tons of tearpads
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/365260-...ensure-canada/

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Check with your local No Frills-- a new No Frills just opened in my area and I asked the same question last week. The manager was really nice, but said as of today (last Thursday), they had no way to accept points. It was suggested that I cashed them in for gift cards at Your Independent, then shop at No Frills with the cards--they could accept them. Might be easier than getting to the cash register with your purchases and finding out they cannot take your points at you No Frills.
    torontogal12 and Pointsman like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks to both of you, for your quick response to my "No Frills" question ... good idea to redeem pts for PC gift cards elsewhere, and use them at NoFrills for groceries, given the apparent inconsistency from area to area, store to store.

The problem in my area [S.Ont], is that we still cannot redeem pts for PC GCs, just 3rd party; apparently it used to work, based on what I've read in this thread, but others too are now having the same issue I am.

Just back from my RCSS, where I asked one of the more knowledgeable Mgrs, when they expect this to be resolved; she said it was discussed with a visiting HO Supervisor last Thurs. but there is some 'bug' in the programming they are trying to find. It may or may not have something to do with the faux pts awarded for GCs during the recent 20,000pts WUS $100 fiasco, and ongoing efforts to claw back those incorrectly (debatable) awarded pts? The saga continues ...
    Last edited by Pointsman; Sat, Dec 21st, 2013 at 04:53 PM.

Teachers Have Class
    Trading Score
    520 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by secheltsaver View Post
    I was happy to see that I got the spend $50,get 10,000 points today-has anyone gotten double points for spending $100. in a single transaction?Lean ground beef is $1.98/lb. till tomorrow,plus a few other things I could stock up on for extra points.
    I'm wondering the same thing. If I spend $100.00, do I receive 2 x 10,000 pts for spending 2 x $50.00 (after coupons and NOT redeeming pts to pay)? - yes, I received 20,000 pts for spending just over $100.00

Also, if there are bonus points items, i.e., Campbell's soup (on sale for $1.00 and receive 1,000 pts), in my $50.00 total, will that impact whether or not I receive the 10,000 pts? - of my just over $100.00 total, about half was soup and I still received 2 x 10,000 plus 1,000 points for each can of soup

Update: I shopped tonight, spent just over $100.00 and paid for my purchases (no points redeemed, just to be safe). - edits in blue
    Last edited by lotsasavings; Mon, Dec 23rd, 2013 at 10:01 PM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Those of you buying soup with points to get points back (free soup). you do realize they can take these points back just as they did with the gift cards. It does mention in the terms and conditions about not earning points when paying with points.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

As the above post alerted me to I investigated further and found this:

Quote Originally Posted by PC Plus
    PC points are not earned on the portion of a transaction that is being paid for by redeeming PC points.
    Last edited by brennen7; Sat, Dec 21st, 2013 at 10:04 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by brennen7 View Post
    As the above post alerted me to I investigated further and found this:
    What about all of the people who bought pizzas and dish detergent (or whatever that deal was) for points, bought more, redeemed, bought more, redeemed, and so on. It's the same scenario. Did those people have all of their points taken away? If they didn't, it would be awfully hard for PC Plus to justify taking the soup points away when they didn't take away the points when people did the same thing with much more expensive items.

ETA:
    I just went looking for the clarification on this, and they sure went out of their way to bury it in the Terms and Conditions at a link in tiny font at bottom right on the website. Comparatively, when you look through the Help Centre, where most people would look for information, there is no mention of not receiving points on items you pay for with a redemption. Nothing under the section you would expect to see it in. Sneaky.

How do I earn points?To earn points, just load your offers to your PC Plus™ card online or through the PC Plus™ app, then show your card when you buy the qualifying items in-store. You’ll also get bonus offers, flyer offers and in-store offers to enjoy. The more offers you take advantage of, the more points you earn.
    Last edited by bdkmosher; Sat, Dec 21st, 2013 at 10:23 PM.
    sdddmd likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by bdkmosher View Post
    What about all of the people who bought pizzas and dish detergent (or whatever that deal was) for points, bought more, redeemed, bought more, redeemed, and so on. It's the same scenario. Did those people have all of their points taken away? If they didn't, it would be awfully hard for PC Plus to justify taking the soup points away when they didn't take away the points when people did the same thing with much more expensive items.

ETA:
    I just went looking for the clarification on this, and they sure went out of their way to bury it in the Terms and Conditions at a link in tiny font at bottom right on the website. Comparatively, when you look through the Help Centre, where most people would look for information, there is no mention of not receiving points on items you pay for with a redemption. Nothing under the section you would expect to see it in. Sneaky.
    ... which is why, in my innocence I never, ever, ever, redeem PTS on the same transaction as Earning Major PT opportunities.... I prefer to pay by Cash or CC only ... but, that's just me.
    Last edited by Pointsman; Sat, Dec 21st, 2013 at 10:37 PM.
    Sarah W likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Pointsman View Post
    ... which is why, in my innocence I never, ever, ever, redeem PTS on the same transaction as Earning Major PT opportunities.... I prefer to pay by Cash or CC only ... but, that's just me.
    Definitely the safest route - but majority of the brags I read on here for the big points opportunities in the last month or two were people who did one transaction, earned points, then did another, used points AND earned points, etc. so that in the end they still had as many points as they started with. Those folks have not had their points taken away, or I am sure we would have heard about it on here like we did with the gift card fiasco.
    sdddmd likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    52 (100%)

I think it may work like shoppers optimum? If I redeem my points I still get the points connected to a particular item such as buy x receive 3000 points. But if it's an offer such as receiving 18500 points when I spend $75, the $75 has to be in addition to the redemption value.
    Bargain Seeker, Insane and sdddmd like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bdkmosher View Post

ETA:

How do I earn points?To earn points, just load your offers to your PC Plus™ card online or through the PC Plus™ app, then show your card when you buy the qualifying items in-store. You’ll also get bonus offers, flyer offers and in-store offers to enjoy. The more offers you take advantage of, the more points you earn.
    I would guess that they class "buy" as actually pay for
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    I would guess that they class "buy" as actually pay for
    Fair point, but I do still wonder how they could justify taking away these points if they didn't take away points for other similar scenarios that have occurred so far.

Page 76 of 613 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 126 176 576 ... LastLast

Thread Information