User Tag List

Page 130 of 613 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 140 180 230 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 9181
Like Tree19379Likes

Thread: PC Plus Programme

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Geez that sucks that you have had so many problems. Knock on wood I haven't had any issues. I even was able to get in on the free pizza and Palmolive deal at the launch of the PC plus pts in the fall. We are still eating free pizza!
    I really miss those free offers at the beginning. Loaded up free Palmolive for a year of usage . Doubt they will come back ever again.
    Last edited by engo; Sat, Feb 22nd, 2014 at 10:29 AM.
    kimijeen and Rubialoca like this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I am really starting to get annoyed with this program. This week there was an offer with the purchase of mustard. My dh was shopping with me and really likes German style mustard, so with the instore offer and sale price, it went from $4.99 regular price to about $2.89. BUT when getting home and rereading the sales slip, no points.., called the pc program about it and they said for in store offers you need to deal with them in store. So today, I called the store. They said call the pc program people. I explained the issue again, and they said 'sorry'--'you should really check your bill before you leave the store'. AND all I could think was--NOW I remember why I did not shop at Independant before the program. I think I will go back to only buying sales and coupon items, because I do not feel confident that I will recieve the 'savings' being offered. On Monday (after I have calmed down), I will email PC program and give them feedback.
    I hope others are having better luck with this program.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    59 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by olivercat View Post
    I am really starting to get annoyed with this program. ....................
    I hope others are having better luck with this program.
    I think the program is pretty good itself however, the system sucks big time. I don't buy big stuff just for the sake of points or if I do, I check points for it on self-check out before I pay. For few bucks worth items it often gives me issues too. I had this offer "Pepperidge Farm Goldfish Crackers170 g for 500 pts." and I bought both goldfish and cracker chips per title and picture and it still did not give me points for either.
    Last edited by sporatic; Sat, Feb 22nd, 2014 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Just checked back my PC Plus account and they have already added the points. Super fast, now I am impressed.

Trading Score
    59 (100%)

My store had gluten free coconut macrons from All But Gluten 50% off. With $1.50 walmart coupon they cost about a $1. Not bad for a $4.99 regular price gluten free bakery product.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Mon, Jan 19th, 2015 at 07:07 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

*rolls eyes*

You can only redeem your points if you buy less than 12 items Peachy LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Peachykeen2007 View Post
    knock on wood i haven't had any issues with points, the only issue i have is that apparently at the store closest to me only ONE till can redeem points off of the app, and that till would be a express lane that will NOT allow you to stand in it if you have more than the 12 items, so you have to go to another till for them to ring in everything, call a CS to suspend your transaction, pack all your stuff up and move to the express lane, interrupt anyone already standing in that line, get dirty looks

most stupid thing i have ever seen, I have emailed them and got the most crazy response, so I emailed back because I don't think they understood me and nothing back from them - might call, but it also makes me not spend my points! gonna see what i can rack up for the year and probably spend it all on Christmas gifts already sitting at a redemption of $140 and I haven't really spent extra or things that I don't buy every week already
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Don't forget Beretta beef at $81 per kilo!!!!! That's not a typo

Oh and their website currently has no flyers available for every single store I check
    Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    None of my offers are on sale this week. Plus some of them are wildly irrelevant, e.g., I have stopped buying juice but did buy some for mix over the holidays and now I am haunted by juice offers, just because of that one purchase. I buy a can of cheap drink crystals every 2-3 months and I get an offer for the stuff every week. And the one that peeves me the most: an eternal offer of 200 pts ($.20) per $1 on potatoes. My local store does not sell 10 lb bags, the ONLY choice is loose potatoes at $1.69/lb (!!!) and if Loblaws thinks a $.20 discount awarded in the future would every get me to pay the equivalent of $17 for 10 lb potatoes, they are smoking some good stuff.

I still feel very negatively about how they handled the gift card scenario in december (well, the 20k pts on $100 offer) and all these points reminders just get me thinking much more critically about the chain. I find that I just like shopping elsewhere, better. Better value, and guaranteed savings (not some points system set up to rip you off). Loblaws is all about overpriced decaying vegetables, $52 outside round roasts (yes we are talking stewing beef here, the same stuff that is $2.88/lb at Food Basics or even Metro!) and similar rip offs.

My Loblaws runs under the Zehrs banner but I am really hoping they just fail and reopen as a No Frills or something. If it becomes no longer convenient to participate in this program, I don't think I will be heartbroken. I think the only thing the PC Plus program has done is irritate me, and the next time someone at Loblaws/Zehrs tells me a bag of brown bean sprouts in murky liquid is "still good to eat" it's straight to Facebook. I get irritated enough already.
    Last edited by torontogal12; Sat, Feb 22nd, 2014 at 03:30 PM.
    lecale likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    and now I am haunted by juice offers, just because of that one purchase. I buy a can of cheap drink crystals every 2-3 months and I get an offer for the stuff every week. And the one that peeves me the most: an eternal offer of 200 pts ($.20) per $1 on potatoes.
    Love how you worded the perpetual offers that keep going and going. "Eternal offer" will become a meme on this thread (applies to cucumber offers and lettuce offers though latter has started to taper off).
    Last edited by Ciel; Mon, Feb 24th, 2014 at 05:37 PM. Reason: removed extra "ing"
    lecale likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

March-will decide not to load offers for the month on the card just to see if offers change and if I care anymore about the program. The opt-out plan!
    torontogal12 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Coconut macaroons are normally naturally gluten free because the recipe doesn't use wheat. Check the labels of regular ones and don't pay more for the ones labelled "gluten free" if you don't have to
    Quote Originally Posted by sporatic View Post
    My store had gluten free coconut macrons from All But Gluten 50% off. With $1.50 walmart coupon they cost about a $1. Not bad for a $4.99 regular price gluten free bakery product.
    Last edited by torontogal12; Sat, Feb 22nd, 2014 at 11:26 PM.
    Ciel and lecale like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Spent $25.94 (pre-tax) on socks and underwear and got my 10,000 points on Joe Fresh - plus, no tax.
    Natalka, Ciel, seylz_gurl and 3 others like this.
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Still loving this program. Paid $0 out of pocket on Friday after pming, coupons and $5 m/c from kelloggs promo and still walked away with 2300 PC plus points from personal offers
    scbpooh, Ciel and thriftygranny like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    174 (100%)

Do you have the PC plus card/app/cc? I have never had this problem ever??? And I know we shop at the same stores

QUOTE=Peachykeen2007;5834020]knock on wood i haven't had any issues with points, the only issue i have is that apparently at the store closest to me only ONE till can redeem points off of the app, and that till would be a express lane that will NOT allow you to stand in it if you have more than the 12 items, so you have to go to another till for them to ring in everything, call a CS to suspend your transaction, pack all your stuff up and move to the express lane, interrupt anyone already standing in that line, get dirty looks

most stupid thing i have ever seen, I have emailed them and got the most crazy response, so I emailed back because I don't think they understood me and nothing back from them - might call, but it also makes me not spend my points! gonna see what i can rack up for the year and probably spend it all on Christmas gifts already sitting at a redemption of $140 and I haven't really spent extra or things that I don't buy every week already[/QUOTE]
    LF: kashi from websaver and 50 cents any cereal printout
    FT: Mann's veg and more! Check out my tradelist/wishlist

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I read pretty much everything posted to this thread, and am feeling bad for those experiencing less than satisfactory outcomes when earning and / or redeeming their pts. I've also had my share of frustrations, since starting to participate in mid-Nov, but have always been able to get my questions answered, and disputes or missing pts settled rather efficiently; there were some very long 'on hold' moments early on in the program, but this seems to have been rectified.

I do most of my shopping at my RCSS, and the staff there are outstanding ... from the store Mgr, to the CS staff, to majority of the full-time cashiers, they've always gone out of their way to help fix any issues I've had. The fact this store is close by, and does PM'ing sure doesn't hurt. So count me as a BIG fan of this program, but I do realize that if I had only a lone Zehrs to deal with, my experience could be less positive.

Offers have been Great lately ... this week's are shown below. Many of these items are on sale, so $1.04 Campbell's Chunky Soup, $3.44 BD Cheese Bars, and $0.57 Sidekicks are on my list, just to name a few. btw, this winter the produce at RCSS has been of amazing quality and price. For my wife and I who enjoy a salad most evening meals, this alone is reason to shop there, and ingredients are always in my weekly offers.

I hope things improve for those who are clearly having issues that should not have happened. May the attitude of the staff at our RCSS spread far and wide.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    thriftygranny likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I just went in my account and counted. I have used my card 47 times and I still get mostly irrelevant offers.

The program seems to love some people and hate others
    Quote Originally Posted by annmarie28 View Post
    I have signed up 3 weeks ago - I have yet to get a offer that I would use - sigh. I still shop there anyways as with coupons, deals it is better for us, but still, 3 weeks and NO pts?? Sad. Not impressed.

Page 130 of 613 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 140 180 230 ... LastLast

Thread Information