User Tag List

Page 290 of 390 FirstFirst ... 190 240 280 288 289 290 291 292 300 340 ... LastLast
Results 4,336 to 4,350 of 5850
Like Tree42956Likes

Thread: Christmas In July Package Train!!! Read Post 3242!!! (pg 217)

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

This wknd we're going to try out our bikes and Alexa's new trailer. Don drove to get my old bike from my parents, and my dad's for himself (my dad's a runner but injured himself a few years ago, bought a fantastic bike and used it for one summer... works for us! ). So bexause of the type of suspension on my bike, Don said that the trailer wouldnt miunt on to mine. So I needed a new one. So, we got me a new bike. Get home, he mounts the trailer, and I comment on how it really would have worked on my old bike.

Now, I have two bikes. I'm totalky fine with it because I have one for when I'm riding with her and one for when I'm without, but not exactly the most cost effective way to do it all...

Here's a pic of Alexa in her new helmet. Hilarious. And yah, I already wrote in my "bad mom journal" for letting her sit in the front of the cart.

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1373633237208.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  68.1 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    180 (100%)

nah you"re not a bad Mom, I used to let Trent stand in there and surf!!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

awww look at that smile (at least you didn't pile loads of groceries on top of her)
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

My best friends are moving from Grande prairie to Calgary! Yaaayy!

Frugal is not being cheap cherielake's Avatar
    Trading Score
    397 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PammieD View Post
    This wknd we're going to try out our bikes and Alexa's new trailer. Don drove to get my old bike from my parents, and my dad's for himself (my dad's a runner but injured himself a few years ago, bought a fantastic bike and used it for one summer... works for us! ). So bexause of the type of suspension on my bike, Don said that the trailer wouldnt miunt on to mine. So I needed a new one. So, we got me a new bike. Get home, he mounts the trailer, and I comment on how it really would have worked on my old bike.

Now, I have two bikes. I'm totalky fine with it because I have one for when I'm riding with her and one for when I'm without, but not exactly the most cost effective way to do it all...

Here's a pic of Alexa in her new helmet. Hilarious. And yah, I already wrote in my "bad mom journal" for letting her sit in the front of the cart.

Quote Originally Posted by slambert View Post
    nah you"re not a bad Mom, I used to let Trent stand in there and surf!!
    Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    awww look at that smile (at least you didn't pile loads of groceries on top of her)

Oh My look at those brite eyes!! Shes adorable

I think everyone has let there kids sit in that part of the cart. When I go shopping I use 2 carts (but I bring one of my older kids to help out) One for lennox who sits in the same place playing with cars or colouring, eating whatever! and one for or food, and other groceries I get alot of dirty looks from younger people about it but really who wants a child freaking out in say walmart or something like that. Hes busy while Im shopping, keeps his hands from reaching for stuff on the shelf, and makes my life easier
    Last edited by cherielake; Fri, Jul 12th, 2013 at 09:17 AM.

Looking for some cute or fun handmade gifts? Check out my facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/bowtique.ccs

Trading Score
    272 (100%)

Pammie, Alexa is soooo cute! Love the tooth and the bright blue eyes!

Trini, I garden (sort of) but am not an expert by any means. My method is to buy the seedlings, put in the ground, water when dry, and hope for the best. I think it might be my soil, tomatoes normally do really well, my cucumbers always struggle. This year, I have 2 zucchini that have exploded and taken over the garden (seriously, almost as tall as me!) and I have a serious weed problem. (Likely from the BF direct the lawnmower clippings toward the garden, eeek!)

I also planted tomatillos for the first time, hoping to try out some salsa verde.. google suggested it might not do so well in my area, but again, these guys are in a growth competition with the zucchini. Here's a few pics of my garden.. weeds and all.. you'll notice the little bed is supposed to be cukes, jalepenos and beets.. but they are slowly starting!

Name:  DSCF4755.JPG
Views: 164
Size:  82.9 KB
    Name:  DSCF4756.JPG
Views: 167
Size:  71.2 KB
    Name:  DSCF4757.JPG
Views: 178
Size:  86.6 KB

Oh, and if anyone has some great zucchini recipes, or canning ideas I'd love to see them, when I went out to take photos, noticed I have 12 zucchinis between the 2 plants that will be ready by the end of the weekend!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    158 (100%)

Lol Fallen, you could have wrapped my prezzie's in TP and duct tape and I would still be over the moon with excitement.

Pammie, I have always been the bad mom, one kid would sit In The seat and the other in the front and then I still add groceries. Now they push the cart and pull my coupons as I load the cart nothing like a little slave labour to help the trip go faster.

My weekend plans now consist of trimming horses feet again, planting all my new plants, visiting with my aunt and uncle ( who I haven't seen in 3 years), and painting the rest if my house ( it is in dire need of an update. Now if I could just get hubby home for a couple of days to help me lay the new flooring

Oh and...... Honey wine does not give me a hangover :D Thank God!!!!

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373636969.211938.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  42.6 KB

Trading Score
    397 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by NickiB View Post
    Pammie, Alexa is soooo cute! Love the tooth and the bright blue eyes!

Trini, I garden (sort of) but am not an expert by any means. My method is to buy the seedlings, put in the ground, water when dry, and hope for the best. I think it might be my soil, tomatoes normally do really well, my cucumbers always struggle. This year, I have 2 zucchini that have exploded and taken over the garden (seriously, almost as tall as me!) and I have a serious weed problem. (Likely from the BF direct the lawnmower clippings toward the garden, eeek!)

I also planted tomatillos for the first time, hoping to try out some salsa verde.. google suggested it might not do so well in my area, but again, these guys are in a growth competition with the zucchini. Here's a few pics of my garden.. weeds and all.. you'll notice the little bed is supposed to be cukes, jalepenos and beets.. but they are slowly starting!

Oh, and if anyone has some great zucchini recipes, or canning ideas I'd love to see them, when I went out to take photos, noticed I have 12 zucchinis between the 2 plants that will be ready by the end of the weekend!
    I planted my very first garden this year I did the same thing (seelindg already growing and replanted) for my tomatoes, and peppers, but planted radishes, lettuce, and carrots. Well the radishes are done (insects killed them) I had to take them all out. But everything else seems to be doing well. My peppers I thought died because of course I planted them June 1st, and we had frost 2 days in a row! but they grew back and are flowering and you can see little peppers!! woop!! My tomato plants are going, and I mean growing. They're huge! |I didn't do anything special just planted them, and water everyday. Maybe they like the soil? I wish my garden was as big as yours Nicki! Mine is tiny!! LOL like 3/5 feert by 2 feet. I didn't want to make it huge in case everything died! ha

Trading Score
    93 (100%)

The one thing I know about gardening is not to plant certain veggies too close together because they cross polinate and taste awful. Tomatoes & peppers, cukes & zucchini. There may be others but those ones I know for sure. Live and learn Had some very bitter cuke hybrid things. yuck! I forgot to plant my beans, i could probably put some in now but I'm not sure. With all the rain I have hardly had to water anything which is nice. I'll try and take pics tonight I hope to do more next year, and be able to start them inside too, I didn't really have time this year because we moved in March and it was close to April before we were settled.
    Melissa13, coyote00, dlee and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlmama04 View Post
    Lol Fallen, you could have wrapped my prezzie's in TP and duct tape and I would still be over the moon with excitement.
    Haha my buddy used flyers and I am like damn I missed that sale
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gwennad View Post
    The one thing I know about gardening is not to plant certain veggies too close together because they cross polinate and taste awful. Tomatoes & peppers, cukes & zucchini. There may be others but those ones I know for sure. Live and learn Had some very bitter cuke hybrid things. yuck! I forgot to plant my beans, i could probably put some in now but I'm not sure. With all the rain I have hardly had to water anything which is nice. I'll try and take pics tonight I hope to do more next year, and be able to start them inside too, I didn't really have time this year because we moved in March and it was close to April before we were settled.
    Uh oh...I have some pots of peppers close to a couple of tomatoes. Better move those bad boys this wknd....or better yet, get dh to move them cause my back is still f'd. Julia and I are on our way to IKEA so I'm happy cause she'll be able to help me lift the stroller back into my car. Friggin kids. 19lbs for the kid, 1900 lbs for all of her crap.

Trading Score
    272 (100%)

Lol.. you know more than me Gwen, I've planted tomatoes and peppers together before and never seemed to have a problem with taste! And my cukes barely produce, so I'd eat anything they put out no matter the taste! I did, however, also plant some basil and oregano this year, I "thought" for filler between plants, but everything has grown so well it's just a mass of plants everywhere! Supposedly it's supposed to make zucchini and tomatoes taste sweeter???

Cheri, I originally started with the first raised bed, about 4x8, the second year I expanded one more time, adding another 5x8 bed.. and when my BF moved in, he had big plans and we added a third 5x8. I had planted 4 yellow tomatoes, and 4 romas this year for salsa (peppers/jalapenos too) but funny thing is, I have "rogue" tomato plants growing in the bed from last year's. (I do rotate my "crop" each year, so they must have re-seeded themselves, lol) Originally I was going to pull them as they're in all willy nilly, but my golden boy tomatoes last year were the best, and i'm hoping these might be them! They are kinda crowding some pepper plants, supposed to be red peppers, but the garden centre must have mislabeled them as they look like Thai chilis to me! So not a biggy if they choke them out, I can't see using 3 bushes of Thai chilis!

However, come harvest time, I sent the BF to the middle of the garden, will have to see if I still have the photo, but toward end of season harvest I was about to wade into the middle of the tomatoes, and luckily noticed beforehand. The BIGGEST spider EVER! I literally was jumping up and down shivering and screaming, I hate bugs, spiders being only second to house centipedes, but this guy took up some real estate. My co-worker said it sounded like a garden spider, googled it, and pretty close. Grey and white speckled and hairy.. kinda the same shape as the black widow with two part body. Yikes... can you tell I'm still freaked out about it now??? Ick.

Trading Score
    397 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gwennad View Post
    Cucumbers and watermelon! this happened to my MIL lol
    gwennad, mimzy71, coyote00 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    393 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PammieD View Post

Aww what a cutie-pie! Love her eyes and smile.

And I am a "bad" mom as well cuz I let Maile sit in that part of the cart while grocery shopping all the time. I make sure to watch her and not push the cart so fast, but yeh whatever works, right?
    coyote00, PammieD, dlee and 3 others like this.

Subscribe to my youtube channel for weekly VLOG updates on deals, couponing, & price matching. Happy couponing!
    www.youtube.com/user/SavvyCouponingMomJ

Trading Score
    93 (100%)

I guess it would depend when they flower? They'd have to be flowering at the same time to cross polinate, they are related which is why they can do that. If there are a few feet between them it probably wouldn't matter but right next to each I've had some bad results. I still remember picking cukes from my mom's garden (with zucchini in it) and taking a big bite, omg the bitter!!! Worst thing ever, they were so not right lol.

I bought a raised bed kit from walmart on line. It was supposed to be 4 by 8 feet, but it's not, I made a L shape with it, probably 9 feet on each outside edge, 6 feet on the inside and 3 feet across, so I can reach across easy. I could have made it a 9 x 9 square but that was way too big for the little yard. I cannot keep my dog from running through it, even when I had mesh stuff up all around it. I cannot wait to eat the carrots though. When I was little my grandparent's had a huge garden and every year I would pull carrots, eat them and put the tops back in the spot. So they'd go to pull them up and no carrot on the bottom! Big joke haha but it's a good memory for me now

Page 290 of 390 FirstFirst ... 190 240 280 288 289 290 291 292 300 340 ... LastLast

Thread Information