User Tag List

Page 61 of 390 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 161 ... LastLast
Like Tree42956Likes

Thread: Christmas In July Package Train!!! Read Post 3242!!! (pg 217)

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PammieD View Post
    Yeppers - wrap and number away! Please don't mail yet though...a major part (and the best in my opinion) of this train is getting to know one another through all of the questions that are asked/answered....we'd hate for that chatter to stop if someone gets their package super early hope that makes sense!

Try hitting the button in the top left corner of the edit box (the one with the two little A's in it). Can you message me with the web browser you're using and the version? I was mentioning this problem to the Forum Expert and Boo but this info would help I'm guessing. Anyone else having this problem, can you please do the same?

Thanks!
    I won't mail yet thanks to the ladies that quickly answered my question I have everything for the 16 - still thinking ok the homemade gift and I'll spend the next few weeks getting little extras to go inside
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    104 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebel View Post
    How many ppl have birthdays during the 17 days of the train ?
    ME!! July 25! :D

and come on Jez, I know you're a fellow Leo, when's your bday?!?

I know someone else said that their bday is during this train, but can't remember who it is...

Trading Score
    232 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cherielake View Post
    cmontario, Jenny is right dont let it bring you down your weight will fluctuate during the day too, like you weigh less in the morning then you do before you go to bed.

dlee-
    I packed on 60 pounds when I moved away from my home town, and then had my youngest son. Im trying to lose weight too. Has anyone ever tried my fitness pal? you can do it online or like me I downloaded the app for my iphone. I started in Feb (near the end of the month) and have lost 22 pounds.
    I was thinking to myself well really thats not that much, and kinda being down about it, but honestly its a huge accomplishment especially when I grabbed a 10 pound bag of potatoes and realized holy crap I lost 2 of these off my body. My goodness I am way more positive now. I know its discouraging (i gained 5 pounds back between april and may) at times but keep your head high.

I bet your eating better then before, and moving more.. thats a huge accomplishment right there! Check out the times your eating at too. A great rule of thumb is dont eat after 7:30 or 8pm (I had a huge problem with this before) If you do start feeling hungry thats your body's way of saying its tired and needs energy. Try a glass of water and if it doesn't help go to bed. Seriously!

Im doing a walking video (in my house cause I hate exercising in front of people) 20 minutes 3 times a week, and I take a walk to the post office daily which is only a couple blocks away.
    thanks for the encouragement cherielake and everyone! it's nice to know that I'm not alone. =)

Quote Originally Posted by JennyFromTheRock View Post
    Ok, time for a little "shameless self promotion" lol

the recent article I wrote for Chatelaine Magazine has some weight loss tips for anyone interested.... Seems a lot of us battle the bulge

http://www.chatelaine.com/health/fit...success-story/

maybe a few tips in there to help anyone who needs a "kick start"
    just ready through your article - what an inspiration you are!!! I'll keep at it. I feel like I've already made some positive steps, it's just too bad that bread and rice taste so delicious. haha. but I've been cutting back completely the past few weeks which is great.

thanks JennyfromtheRock! =)

Quote Originally Posted by JennyFromTheRock View Post
    Ok so I have pretty much everything for my buddy now, anythjng I'm buying from here on will be extras. Question about wrapping.... Do we number them?? Or does our buddy pick which ever one they want first and go from there?
    I think it's great when the gifts are wrapped and numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by PammieD View Post
    Yeppers - wrap and number away! Please don't mail yet though...a major part (and the best in my opinion) of this train is getting to know one another through all of the questions that are asked/answered....we'd hate for that chatter to stop if someone gets their package super early hope that makes sense!

Try hitting the button in the top left corner of the edit box (the one with the two little A's in it). Can you message me with the web browser you're using and the version? I was mentioning this problem to the Forum Expert and Boo but this info would help I'm guessing. Anyone else having this problem, can you please do the same?

Thanks!
    yes, don't mail yet! haha. I only have half of my package and still pondering the homemade gift. hmmm. can't believe it's only been three days since we got our buddies and so many of us have shopped so much. haha.

Trading Score
    134 (100%)

Can't sleep again. Buddy I worked on your homemade craft all night probably need about to more days to finish I have drawer cramps in my hand. I usually let my husband who was an art major do it but he's so overwhelmed taking care of me I figured I give it a go plus my good buddy Trent said I'm a good artist so we shall see buddy you can throw them out after lol I am actually quite pleased with how they turned out so far. Buddy you have such a great list I'm taking it slow and enjoying every minute I have 7/17 and will do some major shopping in Camrose this weekend Mitchell has a soccer Tournament.

Jenny I have read your post before about you weight loss you are such a beautiful women inside and out congrats what an amazing feet. I'm a clean eater or was until recently when I was placed on a weight gain diet after my surgery. I love what you said about small changes at a time. You go girl!!!!!

mom2kids- I hope you feel better soon Hun!!

Slambert where are you are you feeling better?

Buddy if you have some awesome BBQ recipies feel free to throw them in my package,yummy!!!!

goodnight Coyote mmmmmwwwwhhhhha

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away"

"because tomorrow is another day"

Trading Score
    134 (100%)

Just remember what I forgot to put on my list a Citrus juice like a cheap plastic one like this

http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/00152164/

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away"

"because tomorrow is another day"

Smart Canuck Norma Mackay-Rempel's Avatar
    Trading Score
    154 (100%)

I was away all day yesterday with my daughter at Zones for Track & Field. I had no idea what an Athletic young lady we had! We knew she was a good horse rider as she has rec'd quite a few ribbons with Grand Champion awards. She has been riding for 13 years and she is almost 16 (2 more weeks). Anyway, what a nice day we had yesterday she placed fourth in each of the four events that she entered in! She was consistent! We are very proud of her!

Onto some questions that I have missed!

Buddy, it's Redemption weekend at SDM, anything that you can use from Shoppers?
    Sure, anything that you can find off of my wishlist.

Buddy - do you like jewelry? If so, what kind? Earrings?
    I am not a huge jewelery fan. I do have pierced ears but I can only where certain type of earrings or my ears get infected right away. (Big pain & expensive)

How many ppl have birthdays during the 17 days of the train ?
    Mine isn't during the 17 days but it is on mail day! hehe

Do you like purses? If so, what kind? Colour?

Yes, I do love purses but this is one of my indulgences to myself. I like to buy my purses when we are on vacation and I only by leather. It is just this "thing" I have and everything has to match.
    Last edited by Norma Mackay-Rempel; Thu, Jun 6th, 2013 at 05:10 AM.
    Join me in earning Gift Cards with Swagbucks!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/lnrempel

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Highlight of my day (ok it is only 6 so there is still time, but it better be good to out-do this)
    Name:  sephora.PNG
Views: 467
Size:  281.9 KB
    Sephora have the best bday gifts! Now I want to go to Sephora LOL
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    180 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Armygirl76 View Post
    Can't sleep again. Buddy I worked on your homemade craft all night probably need about to more days to finish I have drawer cramps in my hand. I usually let my husband who was an art major do it but he's so overwhelmed taking care of me I figured I give it a go plus my good buddy Trent said I'm a good artist so we shall see buddy you can throw them out after lol I am actually quite pleased with how they turned out so far. Buddy you have such a great list I'm taking it slow and enjoying every minute I have 7/17 and will do some major shopping in Camrose this weekend Mitchell has a soccer Tournament.

Jenny I have read your post before about you weight loss you are such a beautiful women inside and out congrats what an amazing feet. I'm a clean eater or was until recently when I was placed on a weight gain diet after my surgery. I love what you said about small changes at a time. You go girl!!!!!

mom2kids- I hope you feel better soon Hun!!

Slambert where are you are you feeling better?

Buddy if you have some awesome BBQ recipies feel free to throw them in my package,yummy!!!!

goodnight Coyote mmmmmwwwwhhhhha
    Here I am, I am feeling better this morning, last night not so much. The physio guy did A LOT of manipulating of my shoulder yesterday and left me feeling a little gross, my belly was upset all day and add to that the immense guilt I feel for backing out on making the cake for the survivor reception, cake pops for Trent's class trip and a cake for a friend and it made for a crappy night.

I am feeling much better about things this morning. I went to costco and explained my situation and they are going to make me a couple of beautiful slab cakes to take to the reception, Trent has decided on homemade caramel corn and chocolate chip cookies for his camp which I can do without hurting my shoulder and my friend wasn't upset about me cancelling on her... WHEW!! All small potatoes in the big scheme of things but it knocked me back a step yesterday. I'm so happy we have an awesome train going on, that makes everything better!!!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    120 (100%)

Take the time to heal yourself properly, you will be much more valuable to your family for it! I think as moms we try to "suck it up" and do what we need to do to survive and what we're expected to do. I was unable to do anything during the holidays as I was recovering from surgery and I just couldn't accept it. I so wanted to cook and bake etc and my husband had to tell me that I couldn't. I was on heavy meds and very weak but I still felt guilty. My husband wrapped all the gifts and did the shopping. Stuff I usually did. It was a difficult thing for me to accept and to let him help me. I still think about it and vowed to make this Christmas a blast!!
    Quote Originally Posted by slambert View Post
    Here I am, I am feeling better this morning, last night not so much. The physio guy did A LOT of manipulating of my shoulder yesterday and left me feeling a little gross, my belly was upset all day and add to that the immense guilt I feel for backing out on making the cake for the survivor reception, cake pops for Trent's class trip and a cake for a friend and it made for a crappy night.

I am feeling much better about things this morning. I went to costco and explained my situation and they are going to make me a couple of beautiful slab cakes to take to the reception, Trent has decided on homemade caramel corn and chocolate chip cookies for his camp which I can do without hurting my shoulder and my friend wasn't upset about me cancelling on her... WHEW!! All small potatoes in the big scheme of things but it knocked me back a step yesterday. I'm so happy we have an awesome train going on, that makes everything better!!!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    120 (100%)

Hang in there!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    180 (100%)

Thanks Us Mommies are pretty tough on ourselves.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    120 (100%)

Answers for my bud!!

1. Do you want any Christmas items?
    No thanks

2. If you had to pick one of the following trading/train supplies, which would you prefer:
    "Thank You" or "Thanks for the trade" stickers with your SC name
    Custom mailing address labels (with or without your SC name?)
    Business cards to put in envies that says "thanks for the trade/please leave feedback" with your SC name.
    Notepad paper with your SC name

Custom mailing address labels (without SC name)

3. Hey buddy I was wondering, do you have a coupon binder or a coupon bag/organizer?
    And would you ever consider a coupon bag/organizer, if so whats your favorite colors

Its on my wish list. 

4. do you like home made candles?

No thanks

5. do you need or want anything from Ikea?
    Any cool kitchen gadget or something to organize my bedroom or bathroom

6. Do you need any of these samples:

cascade dishwasher gel packs, YES
    Nivea body lotion YES
    Nivea shower cream YES
    mr. Clean magic erasers YES
    "clear" shampoo and conditioner YES
    swifter dusters YES
    Nivea bar soap NO
    febreze set and refresh (Hawaiian scent). NO

7. What is your favorite color?
    PINK, LIGHT PURPLE, PEACH

8. What is that one thing that you really, really want, but wont buy for yourself?
    have to think about this one...

9. Would you appreciate something homemade by me like fudge, shortbread or coconut macaroons? In trying to keep with the Christmas theme, this was my homemade idea.

SHORTBREAD OR MACAROONS (MY HUBBY WOULD LOVE YOU!)

10. Would you like anything from Michaels?
    LARGE BASKET BAGS, WILTON PUSH POPS CONTAINERS (adorable!), PASTRY BAGS WITH TIPS, TREAT POPS DECORATING SET, GLUE DOTS, PRETTY RIBBON

For the homemade gift would you like baking, practical or decorative? And you aren't allowed to say "whatever you decide"

PRACTICAL

11. Would my buddy like a dream catcher?
    NO THANKS

12. How are you with things from the bath and body works or body shop??? Bubble bath, shimmer spray, lotions etc??

I don't like scented stuff, but FOR MELISSA - Caribbean Escape candle (not 3 wick), Market Peach candle (not 3 wick), Cashmere Glow body lotion, Beachy candles

13. Would you like any glade products?? Scented oil Candles ( the ones that melt in the pretty burners ) or plug in's, spray refills etc???

no thanks

14. I live close to a British store and several European stores, is there anything you would like from the other side of the pond?

NO THANKS

15. Do you scrapbook?

Yes

16. Would you like treats for your pets and/or toys? NO PETS

17. Buddy, would you and your family like any clothing? If so, what? And what are your sizes?

No Thanks

18. are you ok with used books?

ABSOLUTELY

19. Buddy, it's Redemption weekend at SDM, anything that you can use from Shoppers?

ORAL B OR COLGATE TOOTHBRUSHES, G U M EZEE THRU EXTRA STRONG MINTY FLOSSERS, BIC SOLEIL RAZORS, GARNIER BODY LOTION (DARK GREEN BOTTLE), GILLETTE VENUS RAZORS, GILLETTE MACH 3 RAZORS, GILLETTE FUSION PRO GLIDE RAZORS, GILLETTE SATIN CARE SHAVE CREAM, SCHICK QUATTRO PRO RAZORS, ESSIE NAIL APPLIQUES, ESSIE NAIL POLISH (PLAYDATE, DJ PLAY THAT SONG, THE GIRLS ARE OUT, FULL STEAM AHEAD, MINI HOW HIGH), FLEECY DRYER SHEETS, REESE MINIS

20. What are 3 wishes ....$2.....$5...
    $2 – COTTON FACE PADS, FLOSS, UNSCENTED HAND CREAM (PURSE SIZED)
    $5 Up and Up make up wipes, OLAY DAILY FACIALS, REVLON CRAZY SHINE, GC FOR WM, TIMS OR SDM

21. I used to sell on eBay so I have a lot of New old stock NRFB condition items would that be OK? (Never removed from box/package)

SURE

22. do you like jewelry? If so, what kind? Earrings?

LOVE JEWELRY EARRINGS, HOOPS, DANGLING, SWAROVSKI LOOKING (DON’T LIKE STUDS)

Love glittery, pretty stuff. Fave colours are pink, peach, light purple and clear or diamond (blingy)

23. Do you like purses? If so, what kind? Colour?
    love purses. I actually need a good dressy going out purse. maybe black with some bling or a pretty summer colour with some bling

hope I gave you some ideas, been working on this the last 3 days
    Last edited by Trinimoneysaver; Thu, Jun 6th, 2013 at 07:31 AM.

Trading Score
    456 (100%)

Name:  Dear-Lord.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  46.8 KB

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    120 (100%)

My homework is done...YAYYYY!!

It was pretty difficult the SDM question as I was careful to take into consideration lightweight items only.

Going to get ready for work...and it's payday! I already have 7 items for my buddy...have to get some items for her family

Have an awesome day...hope the sun comes out as it looks gloomy here this morning. Chat later lovelies!!

Trading Score
    456 (100%)

Coffee anyone?

Jezebel, gwennad, mimzy71 and 8 others like this.

Page 61 of 390 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 161 ... LastLast

Thread Information