User Tag List

Page 7 of 117 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 107 ... LastLast
Like Tree7794Likes

Thread: Frugal June Bugs - Frugal Chatter continued

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lindseyc View Post
    Hello - I'm kinda new but wanted to participate in this thread which I think is great! My frugal goal for the month is to switch over entirely to natural cleaning products ( I've been experimenting for a few months) and also to keep working on switching my eating to a much healthier lifestyle. I have lost 25 lbs this year, and saved a bundle by limiting eating out, cutting pop and all processed foods. I also setup a DIY composter this weekend, which was a goal. Finally I want to finish decluttering my house and really get organized, this has been a massive 3 year process for me while I renovated on a budget!
    Welcome lindseyc too are little group lol,i too have a house too declutter but don't have the energy lately
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

The weather wasn't great this weekend so we stayed inside yesterday to do work on the basement. The bedroom was already done (minus painting) but we got the other 2/3's framed, electrical done, insulated and polyed. With help from MIL and FIL of course, I can't believe how much they help us and keep us motivated.
    DH and I are hoping to get the drywall up this week when it's not so nice out.

Today we just went to my aunts for dinner and a visit, so only spent gas money.

DH ran to Rona for a few things he needed but only spent $20 on basement supplies (after the $36 we got back on GC from all the supplies we bought last weekend).

While he was there he also found deck stain on clearance/mistint rack for $15 a gallon (normally $50 a gallon). He bought 2 so $70 savings on something we were going to buy this month anyways :D

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Ok, this one isn't so financial in nature, but this is what I'm trying to do in June.
    Our son will be 9 months old next week. I was so sick during my pregnancy that I lost 20lbs and only gained 21lbs by the time I gave birth to our son. I weighed less when I left the hospital than I did when I got pregnant (this was a mixed blessing). Although I weigh the same now as I did before my pregnancy, my shape certainly isn't the same. I am in the "over weight" category for my BMI, but I am 5'10" tall and fairly active. Took LO swimming again just last night.

I made a list of productive ways to lose weight and get in shape. They are all basically free.
    Yard work (weed garden, weed flower bed, weed lawn lol, rake lawn) dh doesn't want me to mow the lawn - that's his job.
    Go fishing (love to do this with my brother)
    Dance with baby
    Take LO for a walk - I have been taking him for a 3km walk twice a week. We walk to the store and pick up a few things (picking up odds and ends, saving gas money, entertaining LO, and getting exercise). Walk to the park. Walk to the library (for their free programs, free books on CD, I might even check out their DVD's). I walk to a school to visit friends (I am a teacher on maternity leave). Collect bottles while out on the walk ( we collected 50c worth of cans yesterday when out for a short walk with LO and DH). I want to clarify this one. We have never had blue bins in our city. All these cans were literally laying on the ground all over the place. There are plans for the big individual canister-on-wheels bins to come to our city next year or so.
    Exercise at home with online routines - eg. Dr. Oz

Clean House! I made a VERY detailed list of all the big and little things that could be cleaned/organized around the house.

We try to eat fairly healthy. I posted earlier today about all the different vegetables that I am currently growing in my garden. I am already planning my grocery shopping trip on 10% off Tuesday at Sobeys. I figure every bit helps and I get a bonus amount from using my coupons on that day. I'll even get 5x the base points on my card because of the total amount of my purchases in one trip.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Jun 3rd, 2013 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Clarifying about the recyclable bottles/cans
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Ladies, I've been sneaking around watching and reading your posts for a long time. We just seem to have 1 big thing come up after another. But, I AM trying to eat more healthily - cutting out pop (our dr. said that even diet pop gives your body a message to "store energy" which, of course, means FAT!)

My dss (step-son) made a surprise visit this weekend and invited us to London with him. He travels a lot and treated us to a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, livingroom + kitchen SUITE for 2 nights! It was great to see him but we did all the driving and "treating" so these were unexpected expenses.\

Next week we're heading out to see my dsd and her family out west and doing a little driving in the mountains. We HAVE planned for this, but still, can't predict all the expenses.

Plus db and dsil's anniversary and dn's birthday and Father's day for 3 men total. Gifts, gifts and more gifts. Luckily I dip into my personal care and pre-bought gift pile for most of these.

I've been trying to de-clutter my life for about.....hm.....30 years - I think I'm getting close! LOL!

I did go shopping today in the states and actually DID NOT buy the pants and blouse that I was tempted to buy!

Our cupboards are FILLED, - dh does most cooking and he's really GOOD at using up leftovers. Tonight we were totally POOPed from running around all weekend and I prepared a TOTALLY processed food supper - yikes! It was convenient and at least we didn't succumb to running out for fast food. (small victories!)

Well, we have to go pick up our doggies from their OWN weekend trip tomorrow early so - to the bank first so we can pay the sitter. CA-CHI NG!

We have another trip to London this week for a dr. appointment - I swear we could just put the car on "auto-pilot" we go there so often.

So - I also need to have my hair cut and dyed before our trip out west. I do save a PILE of money going to a Hairdressing SCHOOL where students do the job. - About 30-40% of the cost I used to pay at a salon (when I was working full time.)

Good night ladies!

My frugal thought for the day - I buy cards, like birthday and special occasion cards at a local seniors centre where they make cards as a craft. Nicely done and cheap. OR by bulk at Value Village or garage sales.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

[QUOTE=Granger;5470538]Happy birthday Mac

Ooh sweet sparrow have fun at the shower and do take a pic of how you were spoiled to share if you are able. I love baby showers.

Thanks for the Birthday wishes.

Looking forward to seeing baby shower pictures too.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    450 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    went grocery shopping. we just needed veggies. so I didn't look at the flyer. I always heck certain areas, well... kraft bbq sauce on sale... .50 omg!! got 12. nice pantry stock.
    also got my suppiles for spray and wash./ laundry dtg. / cleaners. 2 boxes borax, 1 box washing soda,and 1 bottle amonia...... 13.00 happy me. stocked pretty much for the year.

spent 60.00 total at the store.

low tonight is 6, so that is great sleeping weather.
    Where did you find the washing soda?
    I am getting low on laundry det. and want to try making my own as well, but can't seem to find the washing soda.
    Trade List /Wishlist: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/382792-dreamcatcher1962s-trade-wish-lists-canada/#post5928904

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all.

Todays plan...
    Laundry to the line
    supper/ lunch well, everything basiclally.... will be a clean out the fridge day. lol.
    stir the compost if posible.
    work on the menu plan for the nest 2 weeks.
    plan out,and gather supplies for this weeks crafts.... and may be next weeks as well.
    also, I need to fold laundry... i have lots. lol...lots...
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Nancy, I am already registered with Purina Puppy Chow so I am not sure if they will send me the coupons even though I registered a new puppy. I guess I will have to wait and see.

Not much planned for today other than normally daily housework, maybe some weeding in the garden and I need to bake some cookies again. I also need to go through my FPC's as we will be going by Sobey's on Friday to visit my MIL. Free Club Sobey's points so it is the best place to use them.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    450 (100%)

morning all.

Todays plan...
    Laundry to the line
    supper/ lunch well, everything basiclally.... will be a clean out the fridge day. lol.
    stir the compost if posible.
    work on the menu plan for the nest 2 weeks.
    plan out,and gather supplies for this weeks crafts.... and may be next weeks as well.
    also, I need to fold laundry... i have lots. lol...lots...
    What kind of crafts do you do?
    I go to a local church craft group (all 65+ I'm the youngest- not a senior yet,lol)
    and they are always looking for new ideas and seem to come to me for the ideas.
    I love doing it but it is hard to come up with new ideas that all the ladies can do.

They have some tea/craft sales through the year and sell their crafts to raise money for the church and their craft supplies, so my thoughts are (as my grandmother used to tell me )they need to make things that "serve a useful purpose" and they need to be good quality.

If you'd care to share your ideas, I'd love to see some pics .
    Trade List /Wishlist: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/382792-dreamcatcher1962s-trade-wish-lists-canada/#post5928904

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

hey all -here is a tip for weddings if they are on the horizon -I sold stuff on kijiji and it gave me the money for the wedding we went to last week-even stuff for 2.00 to 10.00 adds up-renovating our bathroom (shower) so keeping all the bills and looking to see if any items go on sale -have a month with home depot-hubby and I went for a treat at a sandwich shop last night(cost 18.00) but it was a treat -I needed a break -helping hubby with the bathroom a sheet of drywall fell on my head(small bump)-needless to say I am not helping him anymore-oh stopped to go to target before we ate out -just to check it out -walked out with nothing -pretty pricey stuff-mind you their clothing seems better than walmarts

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher1962 View Post
    What kind of crafts do you do?
    I go to a local church craft group (all 65+ I'm the youngest- not a senior yet,lol)
    and they are always looking for new ideas and seem to come to me for the ideas.
    I love doing it but it is hard to come up with new ideas that all the ladies can do.

They have some tea/craft sales through the year and sell their crafts to raise money for the church and their craft supplies, so my thoughts are (as my grandmother used to tell me )they need to make things that "serve a useful purpose" and they need to be good quality.

If you'd care to share your ideas, I'd love to see some pics .
    I work with toddlers. So I am not sure if that would help. maybe some premade items that can be painted... like a bird house. or maybe a candle of some sort...... I will see if I an come up with anything. I like doing crafts that provide a purpose as well.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Good morning ladies looks like another gloomy rainy day.Today i want to go through a few boxes that i have packed with items from my kitchen..and clean out my filing cabinet.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

I work with toddlers. So I am not sure if that would help. maybe some premade items that can be painted... like a bird house. or maybe a candle of some sort...... I will see if I an come up with anything. I like doing crafts that provide a purpose as well.
    I could use some ideas for simple non messy things to do with toddlers... I abhor this weather that keeps us from the outside
    Join me, and other women like YOU! BELIEVE & TRANSFORM is a community of positive, uplifting women who support and encourage each other with ZERO judgement!

We are women supporting women; moms helping moms. We are YOU. Join us today

Trading Score
    0 (57%)

Good morning ladies!

my June goal is to throw an amazing party for my kids on a buget. (their b-days are 11 days apart so I throw one party together) I am going out today to see what I am able to get at the dollar store as compaired to the party store, parties make me feel like a crazy lady! Lol!!! I want the kids to have amazing memories of their birthdays even tho they have to share their parties with their sibling.
    We don't need to be rich, don't need to be famous just to have a good time!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Working on Report Cards today. Such a nice sunny day to be doing computer work. On the plus, it is a work from home day and will cost me nothing. Since I am home, DH is going to try to finish the car work he is working on to help pay for our overages and wedding gifts.

Frugal confession, I went off budget at a TAG closeout store yesterday. Spent $55. I could not find materials for the Christmas bobbles so I am going to go with a crafted first year anniversary candle using the invites, a modification of the original plan. There are family members we could go in on with, but I would have to do all the work and with reports breathing down my back, I am not coordinating this time!

Back to the $55. I bought, two candles and decorative beads (wedding gifts), a 12-18m UV body swim suit and hooded towel (to finish off a shower gift), a 9m set of PJs (to go toward another shower gift, don't know the sex yet so have to wait until baby is born for the rest), children's housecoat (DD2's birthday present for Dec now done), another UV body suit for DD2 (now DD1 can wear the old one) and an outfit for the fall for DD1.

I don't usually like purposefully breaking budget, but I do love to shop. I knew DH would be bringing in some income the next few days and these purchases will pay off in the long run. My gift budget is $40 every two weeks and it is the one that is hardest to keep.

Here are some of my creative solutions so far:
    -take what you want to spend and cut it in half (I gave my mom and MIL a $10 gift card to Dairy Queen for mother's day, but I had wanted to spend $20)
    -use rewards, I participated in the pamper guys package train for fun (we had a little extra those weeks), but was able to use gift card rewards to pay for most of the items
    -I have a "spending" budget for me, because I love to shop, I will use some of that to go towards purchases toward others
    -say no thanks to ppl (I am working on this one), I will be not buying stag and doe tickets when I barely know you, there are other things that fall into this category too, but that is just an example
    -use your natural talents and make something
    -buy ahead and break up the gift over a couple smaller purchases
    -sometimes a card is enough
    -facetime is more important than material good (this one is soooo hard, because there is a stigma associated with so many events where not bringing a gift looks rude)

Okay need to work on reports.
    Last edited by Granger; Mon, Jun 3rd, 2013 at 08:45 AM.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Page 7 of 117 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 107 ... LastLast

Thread Information