Page 88 of 117 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1752
Like Tree7794Likes

Thread: Frugal June Bugs - Frugal Chatter continued

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugal Lisa View Post
    I have to go out tonight and look for decorations and games. Left it to the last minute a bit... But that's life right! Lol
    The dollar store is your friend.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Good morning ladies

Today i have to do some turning of my compost pile and some weeding and that will be it for me.It is suppose to be very hot this weekend and into next week,i won't be able to do much outside as i get heat exhaustion very easily.

Ashley i'm sorry you are having problems i hope it gets resolved.I know what it's like working with someone like this

Off to have breakfast
    Last edited by YOU AND ME; Thu, Jun 20th, 2013 at 09:18 AM.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Just curious: if you go away on vacation, where and what to do like to do? Do you camp, stay in hotels, visit family, and/or have any other suggestion for accommodations? What activities are you likely to do during a vacation?

For me this year, it's a combination of staying with family and renting a cottage. I have relatives in the US, which whom we'll be staying for 5 days and then it's 7 days in Cape Cod. Of all the options available for lodging in Cape Cod, camping is the cheapest option, but it wasn't convenient for us this year. Some campgrounds offer RV's for rent, but after looking at cottages, I found a cottage by a lake and 20 minutes from the beach at a cheaper cost.

With my relatives, we plan on visiting one of the museums in Boston and do some shopping. In Cape Cod, we want to spend a day in Nantucket and maybe drive to Providence for one day, but really, all we want to do is spend some time at the beach.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone! What a beauty day it is! Took DS last night to buy a suit and shirt for Grad. Glad we left it to the last minute (I had to wait as he is growing like a weed!) And they were on sale!!! 25% off. He thought he looked "dapper" he told me lol. So I was thrilled that both were on sale (shirt was reg $25) but it rang up for $9.50 on clearance!!! So a better deal! And then I hit Mark's and found the clearance table! Grabbed a few x-mas gifts, remote control car $4.99 (reg $29.99) 2 die cast corvettes $1.99 (reg $27.99) and 2 Remote control holders $1.99 (reg $19.99) and 5 tank tops on for $7.99 then used a Spend $50 save $10 coupon. I don't mind spending money when I get good deals

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MaddensMomma View Post
    I like July Sizzling Savings
    Me too!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyetea View Post
    Just curious: if you go away on vacation, where and what to do like to do? Do you camp, stay in hotels, visit family, and/or have any other suggestion for accommodations? What activities are you likely to do during a vacation?

For me this year, it's a combination of staying with family and renting a cottage. I have relatives in the US, which whom we'll be staying for 5 days and then it's 7 days in Cape Cod. Of all the options available for lodging in Cape Cod, camping is the cheapest option, but it wasn't convenient for us this year. Some campgrounds offer RV's for rent, but after looking at cottages, I found a cottage by a lake and 20 minutes from the beach at a cheaper cost.

With my relatives, we plan on visiting one of the museums in Boston and do some shopping. In Cape Cod, we want to spend a day in Nantucket and maybe drive to Providence for one day, but really, all we want to do is spend some time at the beach.

We have a summer property but also enjoy camping at new places and travel somewhere hot in the winter (and vegas) lol. Starting last year it's one trip for the kids (Florida/Disney last year) and one trip for the adults (Vegas). Couldn't get way in Feb this year due to hockey etc but thinking Cuba in Dec. and then we are planning on renting a house in Florida in Feb with my best friend and her family. Not sure I want my new highschooler to miss school so will have to see how he's doing then. (I will not travel during March Break- too crazy busy for me!) And camping we take the kids at least one weekend and try and plan it when friends go so the kids can play together. But just Adult camping is so nice and relaxing too

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Inquiring mind: Witch printer do you own for your work and coupons printing: I have a Canon one and it is at least9 years old,It come with my house,I have checked the price for a laser one aka scanner and 4 functions or just to print in black: 180$....I find that expensive but it can print for the same cost of ink 600 papers,mine barrely print like 200 even less...10$ per ink cartridge...so if I renew all mine colors in black it is like 50$.......my printer cost me in the time like 150$......quality one.....so I dont know if I will change that or, just stay this wayWhat do you think and do you print your coupons in colors?And I buy recycled ink...for 10$ otherwhise it is crazy the price,I think I will continue my reflexion worthed or not,and wait for a sale or boxing day or kijiji maybe?
    We currently have an HP all in one which we love (well, except for the scanner, which isn't working right now, gah!). It's four or five years old, so I won't dig up the model number, but it's very basic - I think we paid just under $30 - it was on clearance at The Source. We get the XL ink cartridges, and they last forever it seems - cheapest place to buy here is at Staples.

When given the option, I always print in B&W, and use the greyscale option.

For printers, they go on sale fairly often, so you don't have to wait for end of the year sales.

The Source has this one on now for less than 1/2 price, plus it's wireless

http://www.thesource.ca/estore/produ...roduct=8004515

This one, too

http://www.thesource.ca/estore/produ...roduct=8009702

Some at FS

http://www.futureshop.ca/Search/Sear...lowSecure=True

In the past we had an Epson printer, and it was just crap - same with a Lexmark.

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

I have an HP. But you can not refill it. If you do the contact will break and it won't register.
    I bought it about a year ago and paid $50 plus taxes and fees. To refill it cost about $50 with taxes (for both inks) and if you are out of black ink, it won't print, and if you are out of colour ink it won't print. You have to have ink for both in order for it to print.
    Before that I had another HP printer for nearly 8 years it was great, if I was out of black ink I could always print in colour still, or if I was out of colour I could still print in black.
    I think they have change them to have both ink just so that they can get more $ from us.

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Inquiring mind: Witch printer do you own for your work and coupons printing: I have a Canon one and it is at least9 years old,It come with my house,I have checked the price for a laser one aka scanner and 4 functions or just to print in black: 180$....I find that expensive but it can print for the same cost of ink 600 papers,mine barrely print like 200 even less...10$ per ink cartridge...so if I renew all mine colors in black it is like 50$.......my printer cost me in the time like 150$......quality one.....so I dont know if I will change that or, just stay this wayWhat do you think and do you print your coupons in colors?And I buy recycled ink...for 10$ otherwhise it is crazy the price,I think I will continue my reflexion worthed or not,and wait for a sale or boxing day or kijiji maybe?

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Good Morning Everyone! What a beauty day it is! Took DS last night to buy a suit and shirt for Grad. Glad we left it to the last minute (I had to wait as he is growing like a weed!) And they were on sale!!! 25% off. He thought he looked "dapper" he told me lol. So I was thrilled that both were on sale (shirt was reg $25) but it rang up for $9.50 on clearance!!! So a better deal! And then I hit Mark's and found the clearance table! Grabbed a few x-mas gifts, remote control car $4.99 (reg $29.99) 2 die cast corvettes $1.99 (reg $27.99) and 2 Remote control holders $1.99 (reg $19.99) and 5 tank tops on for $7.99 then used a Spend $50 save $10 coupon. I don't mind spending money when I get good deals

Wow you got some great deals good for you
    jasperandchar and Frugal Lisa like this.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by LuvToUseCoupons View Post
    I have an HP. But you can not refill it. If you do the contact will break and it won't register.
    I bought it about a year ago and paid $50 plus taxes and fees. To refill it cost about $50 with taxes (for both inks) and if you are out of black ink, it won't print, and if you are out of colour ink it won't print. You have to have ink for both in order for it to print.
    Before that I had another HP printer for nearly 8 years it was great, if I was out of black ink I could always print in colour still, or if I was out of colour I could still print in black.
    I think they have change them to have both ink just so that they can get more $ from us.

I totally agree i have a Epson and when the black ink is low it won't print needs all levels of ink filled,i don't print a lot so it lasts .I can say much as it was a birthday gift

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher1962 View Post
    What are your thoughts on frying pans?
    We seem to go through the non stick frying pans quickly (in my opinon, lol)
    Every year I end up buying a new one because the one we bought the previous year has either warped or the non stick coating is gone.
    (someone in the family always ends up putting it in cold water when the pan is still hot or using a metal utensil on it- could be anyone, even me, lol)

I'm not buying cheap pans either. The last two we bought were KitchenAid which normally sell some where around $75 (I paid $20 on sale) Last week, we ended up buying two new Bravati pans regular $45 on sale for $9.99 at CT, but I know in a years time we are going to be in the same position and needing a new pan.

I am seriously considering getting a Cast Iron pan. I know they take a while to get them seasoned, but at least they won't warp or have to be replaced every year.

What are your thoughts and will a Cast Iron pan damage my glass top stove ?

We have a cast iron frying pan that we use on our glass top. It hasnt seemed to have damaged the top at all and i absolutely love the cast iron. Ours is quite old but myself i didnt realize until 2 years ago (and then i got told quite vocally by my mother)you arent supposed to use soap and water on them or you have to re-season them...so its not QUITE as nice to use as the camping one my bf has had seasoned for YEARS

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Wow $71.00 on lodging is absolutely remarkable you should be so proud and definitely frugal .

We've been busy and don't expect you to catch up (lol).

Glad you enjoyed your lovely vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    I'm back from a week's holiday and can't PRETEND to catch up with you! It certainly wasn't a frugal week, but we did find a very "funky" "cowboy" motel to stay in the last night we were there. The rest of the nights were spent with relatives or the "Evergreen Club" member that, I think I've told you about. So 8 nights accommodations cost us $71. I did make up snacks to take along on our drives and I drank a LOT of water - it's definitely a good idea to ward off dehydration because of the altitude - but also helps the pocketbook.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Not only are the recipes awesome but so are the tips and ladies on here

Quote Originally Posted by Mrlktll View Post
    Bookmarking because of the AWESOME Recipes.
    YOU AND ME and Frugal Lisa like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Don't forget to buy paper plates, you don't want to have to do dishes (not necessarily frugal).

Quote Originally Posted by Frugal Lisa View Post
    Good day everyone!! I fed 8 people last night for my dd's birthday, Saturday I am expecting 30+ (it's for both kids, only one party it's gotta be a big one! Lol) I have to go out tonight and look for decorations and games. Left it to the last minute a bit... But that's life right! Lol

i hope you all have great days, and I hope to be able to chit chat more on here today!

Trading Score
    0 (57%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Don't forget to buy paper plates, you don't want to have to do dishes (not necessarily frugal).
    I am fighting my frugal urges and letting loose for the b-day budget! we were able to save a little extra this year for the party so it will be great. Paper plates will be happening, disposables for all dishes actually!
    YOU AND ME and SassyAshley like this.
    We don't need to be rich, don't need to be famous just to have a good time!

Page 88 of 117 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 ... LastLast

Thread Information