User Tag List

Page 42 of 117 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 ... LastLast
Like Tree7794Likes

Thread: Frugal June Bugs - Frugal Chatter continued

Loves To Save SimplifiedMommyTips's Avatar
    Trading Score
    260 (100%)

I used to buy books online, then I got myself tablet last year for my birthday and started getting free ebooks from amazon, then I also borrowed books from the library.

DD and I went shopping today at freshco and got two whole chicken, brocoli, fuji apples and grapes for $1.49/900gms ,pm pear with walmart and johnsonville sausages pm with sobeys and they come with $1 peelie so it came out to $1.99/375gm, got the cheddar ones, thought its not bad for the price also got brown sugar for $1.79, need it for baking and stocking up as I have not been in bulk barn lately, thought .81c/lb is good. Spend $42.++ for week of groceries and need some more veggies for my menu this week, hope to find good deals for veggies next week.

I was thinking of redeeming some points tom but looking at the flyers there's not much we need right now to spend the points, just need milk, eggs and teachers gift, about $30.00 worth maybe , will save my points for later.
    Last edited by SimplifiedMommyTips; Fri, Jun 7th, 2013 at 09:57 PM.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Do you have AIRMILES? Not sure what's available anymore but I redeemed for a subscription last year for a treat
    Yes! I've got my eye on a subscription and I have just enough points to redeem!

I also noticed that they had a sale on a few months ago where I could have picked up the subscription for thirty or forty less AirMiles. I'm hoping for a sale and trying to hold out. Call me crazy...

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Off to wedding number one tomorrow. Date weekend with DH. Auntie time for the kids. Made the "anniversary candles" and am ready to go.

On other news, the income tax deducted has increased AGAIN the last two pays, despite the payroll person telling me it wouldn't. I have contacted him again and he is looking into it in more detail. I should have answers by next week. My first pays (which my budget is based on) are now $200 more biweekly than what I am currently receiving. I am proud of the fact we are sticking to our (now even smaller) budget.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Originally Posted by saundyl Inquiring minds want to know

What do you do for reading material and what do you do with it when you are done? Do you buy? Borrow from a friend or a library? Magazines? Books? Ebooks? when you're done do you pass them on? return them? keep them for another time? IIIIII Iiiiiiiiiii
    I tend to find them in garage sales,promos or in clearance...I had all my books trowed up to garbage when I moved without my permission by my uncle..I like the Mary Higgins Clark and other this kind that my mother haved...very frustrated
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I read online great articles or will just borrow some to my auntie who have like millions books,,,they spend their week end to read and before bed too
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Originally Posted by saundyl Inquiring minds want to know

What do you do for reading material and what do you do with it when you are done? Do you buy? Borrow from a friend or a library? Magazines? Books? Ebooks? when you're done do you pass them on? return them? keep them for another time? IIIIII Iiiiiiiiiii
    I tend to find them in garage sales,promos or in clearance...I had all my books trowed up to garbage when I moved without my permission by my uncle..I like the Mary Higgins Clark and other this kind that my mother haved...very frustrated
    hey cathy -I have always loved mary higgins clark books too

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well I am up early -enjoy the wedding "granger" my son has a wedding today too-but he is coming to take me out to return a few items at lumber store -hubby is busy-my son-in-law is dropping in (they live in t.o) on his way home(for a coffee) -he was at a stag-then I will go shopping -I am on a mission to find a summer dress -I only have a few-at the mall-I will update if I am successful later-oohhh great news too my son asked us last night to come to his baby girl to be 3-D viewing in august -I cant wait -ohh the things they have now -I never even got a regular ultra sound picture -years ago( like 28 years ago) that is myt son he is 28 -my baby having a baby-ahhhhh
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sat, Jun 8th, 2013 at 07:37 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Morning ladies!

Friends coming for a visit today.Got stuff to make indian food but they are just wanting sandwiches so maybe we'll all just go to Subway instead.

Another grey and miserable day. Hopefully it brightens up this afternoon. This is just a bit too depressing.

hope you all have a super weekend.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    well I am up early -enjoy the wedding "granger" my son has a wedding today too-but he is coming to take me out to return a few items at lumber store -hubby is busy-my son-in-law is dropping in (they live in t.o) on his way home(for a coffee) -he was at a stag-then I will go shopping -I am on a mission to find a summer dress -I only have a few-at the mall-I will update if I am successful later-oohhh great news too my son asked us last night to come to his baby girl to be 3-D viewing in august -I cant wait -ohh the things they have now -I never even got a regular ultra sound picture -years ago( like 28 years ago) that is myt son he is 28 -my baby having a baby-ahhhhh
    How exciting!! Congrats on the upcoming arrival of the little one!

I have to admit sometimes those 3 D ultrasounds scare me! What happened to the surprise of seeing your baby for the first time once they arrived? I wonder if we take technology too far sometimes.

Trading Score
    450 (100%)

Does anyone know which stores sell Fruitella?

I asked on my local forum and didn't get any reply so I am hoping maybe someone here might know

Pouring rain here today, so it's going to be an inside day for us .
    Trade List /Wishlist: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/382792-dreamcatcher1962s-trade-wish-lists-canada/#post5928904

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Morning Everyone Have the first load of clothes ready to go on the line. Not sure how much laundry I should do...it looks quite overcast. With my luck, I`ll get it all on the line and it`ll pour.

I love Mary Higgins Clark too.

Granger: Hope you have a good time at the wedding.

Subway is always good. Had one for lunch yesterday.

I didn`t even know they can do 3-D ultrasounds!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Not sure where you are located, but I have seen them locally in Metro.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher1962 View Post
    Does anyone know which stores sell Fruitella?

I asked on my local forum and didn't get any reply so I am hoping maybe someone here might know

Pouring rain here today, so it's going to be an inside day for us .

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone, Hanging out at work, so far we are pretty slow today. Couple more hours to go and than I am off to go shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

got up early, went to a garage sale, it was to raise money for a wheel chair van. Got a few great deals, and helped a great cause.
    spending the rest of the day doing housework. Joy. needed to get done,, but yea..
    off to do laundry. have fun all
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

ok. so I am all caught up (I think) you ladies are busy. Work totally gets in the way of hanging out here. I am pretty sure I will never catch up on answering the questions but here goes. Books & videos always from the library. The boys are older now and even lots of their books come from the library. Both their schools do a used book sale every year so we get rid of the old and let them buy new to them. I also have a limited budget for scholastic during the year, but I find they are asking for it a lot less. I am going to have a sort of frugal day as I am going for a manicure that was a wagjag gift from Christmas. Trouble is the spa is in our downtown and it is sidewalk sale today. Shopping will be easy as there is nothing I need, but I will be doing No Frills for the gain and strawberries. We are having friends for dinner Sunday so I am thinking Strawberry Shortcake for dessert. Hopefully the sons shows up soon.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Page 42 of 117 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 ... LastLast

Thread Information