User Tag List

Page 51 of 117 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast
Like Tree7794Likes

Thread: Frugal June Bugs - Frugal Chatter continued

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Yesterday, I scoured the parking lot where I thought I might have lost my necklace and nothing turned up. I've been a jewelery nut all my life. I just love good design and companies that can produce good quality that can be passed along to the next generation. As of late, I've been joking with DH that there's such a thing as a "push present".

Now that I've lost one of my favourite necklaces, DH said I could pick out something new but I'm completely happy and satisfied with what I have/had. I have one bracelet (graduation gift), one necklace (matching the bracelet as an anniversary gift), one pendant (as a reward for conquering two of my worst fears and partly an anniversary gift), one wedding set, and one promise ring. It's my entire collection, and it's small, but I couldn't be any happier with it. Each item was quite sentimental since they were all associated with an important moment. Now the lost necklace has created a bit of a hole in the group.

Inquiring minds want to know:
    Is there something in your life that you're completely happy with, and couldn't change or improve one smidgen with more money or more things?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Still catching up at work from Friday when the internet and phone line was down all day, yesterday was crazy and was only at the office 1/2 day between my midwife appointment in the a.m. and leaving early to file something at the courthouse.

Had a really great weekend. BIL and SIL were down for the weekend (they won't be able to come down next weekend for father's day). Between DH, FIL and BIL they were able to finish the brick ledge at the far back of our yard finally, and we passed along the remaining bricks to someone on kijiji willing to pick them up :D The bricks look amazing and so glad to have our driveway back again lol.

DH also built a large shoe rack for our coat closet and a small shoe rack for a little nook we have by the side door. He already had the plywood and varnish so didn't cost us anything out of pocket!! We were looking at shoes racks that were $40 a piece and would need 2 just for our coat closet. Our extra shoes are being stored in the basement right now and trying to declutter still so this will really help!

Still trying to sell our train table on kijiji. No bites and it's been on for a few weeks Really want to get it out of the basement.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MaddensMomma View Post
    Still catching up at work from Friday when the internet and phone line was down all day, yesterday was crazy and was only at the office 1/2 day between my midwife appointment in the a.m. and leaving early to file something at the courthouse.

Had a really great weekend. BIL and SIL were down for the weekend (they won't be able to come down next weekend for father's day). Between DH, FIL and BIL they were able to finish the brick ledge at the far back of our yard finally, and we passed along the remaining bricks to someone on kijiji willing to pick them up :D The bricks look amazing and so glad to have our driveway back again lol.

DH also built a large shoe rack for our coat closet and a small shoe rack for a little nook we have by the side door. He already had the plywood and varnish so didn't cost us anything out of pocket!! We were looking at shoes racks that were $40 a piece and would need 2 just for our coat closet. Our extra shoes are being stored in the basement right now and trying to declutter still so this will really help!

Still trying to sell our train table on kijiji. No bites and it's been on for a few weeks Really want to get it out of the basement.
    Sounds like a productive weekend! I have a few jobs that are half done too and really would like to get them finished but there just never seems to be enough time. And then some weekends I feel guilty not enjoying the nice weather so I say it can wait. lol I am all for using scraps and making what you need on the cheap (when in a closet and no one sees anyway) We make our own wine and wanted a huge wine rack. So BF made one out of scrap wood and it's awesome! It holds over 50 bottles so we rotate our old/new stock. Works for us!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    As of late, I've been joking with DH that there's such a thing as a "push present".

Funnily enough - one of my friends CONVINCED her husband of such a thing, and he didn't find out until he mentioned it in public when they were expecting their second child!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Also really impressed with grocery shopping again this week. Spent more than last week but still did really well. I think we will be able to stick to our $125 monthly grocery budget which makes me really happy.

2 Whole Chickens (1.8 kg!! biggest they had)
    3 packs of Steakettes
    2 packs of Red Hots
    1 pack of Sizzlers

2 x 500g bricks of Armstrong Mozza cheese
    2 x 1L Chocolate Milk
    Dozen Eggs

D'italiano hamburgers buns
    Loaf of Italian bread (fresh)

Asparagus bunch
    3 Red peppers
    2 lbs. of Strawberries
    3 lbs. of Bananas
    3 lbs. of Onions
    1.5 lbs. of Red Grapes
    2 Tomatoes
    1 Dole salad

Heinz Ketchup (ran out and needed for dinner )
    4 x Heinz Beans

Assorted lunch meats (we had MIL and FIL for lunch) so spent $11.50 on lunch meats but had a $5 Pillers coupon so only $6.50 plus $0.97 for italian bread. And there was enough left over for DH and DS for their field trip today :D

Only spent $36.97 from our grocery budget for all of that!!
    Also spent $7.76 from our junk food budget for 1 case of pop (for MIL/FIL/BIL/SIL - not DH suprising!) and 2 bags of chips.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by alicia View Post
    Funnily enough - one of my friends CONVINCED her husband of such a thing, and he didn't find out until he mentioned it in public when they were expecting their second child!
    Please tell me more about this "push present", sounds exciting lol

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MaddensMomma View Post
    Please tell me more about this "push present", sounds exciting lol
    Well apparently they are a real thing, but I feel like most people just laugh at them, or think they're for the very well-to-do people of the world. Essentially, the father gives the mother a gift for having a baby. I think I'll rope my fiancé into that when the time comes, LOL I could use a new sparkly item.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

wow I never heard of the push present -I must be old -well I got " a girl then a boy- 2 and a half years later-so I guess that was my gift -is this something new like the reveal party I went to for my daughter-in-law?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by alicia View Post
    Well apparently they are a real thing, but I feel like most people just laugh at them, or think they're for the very well-to-do people of the world. Essentially, the father gives the mother a gift for having a baby. I think I'll rope my fiancé into that when the time comes, LOL I could use a new sparkly item.
    LOL Well I don't think I will be getting one, we are not a "well-to-do" family" and something like this would never even cross DH's mind.

Would be nice to go get my hair done, or mani/pedi after the baby is born though :D

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I had never heard of a "push gift" until a girl at work was pregnant and telling us all about what she wanted.

I told my mom and she said it is very old and most people no longer do it except for certain types of people as she put it.

It is usually some form of jewelry giving to the woman for having the baby.

Trading Score
    0 (57%)

I hadn't heard of a push present.... My dh owes me big tho!! Lol!
    We don't need to be rich, don't need to be famous just to have a good time!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

My aunt went away for 2 weeks after the birth of each of her 4 kids. the nanny brought the kids home from the hospital. I remember my parents commenting on it when i was young....... and no , they were not super well off.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Inquiring minds want to know:
    Is there something in your life that you're completely happy with, and couldn't change or improve one smidgen with more money or more things?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what to respond here but just wanted to say that after going through surgery for a brain tumor and facing a huge recovery, including the fact that I had to learn to walk again, I look at life much differently....just thankful for each new day God gives and try not to stress over trivial stuff.

Page 51 of 117 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast

Thread Information