User Tag List

Page 173 of 654 FirstFirst ... 73 123 163 171 172 173 174 175 183 223 273 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,595 of 9807
Like Tree37301Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

DH has been laid off for a month. He's been looking but nothing has come up.

His union just called with a job EXCEPT its 18 days on, 3 days off until Christmas. 3 days isn't enough time to fly home so it'll mean we won't see him for MONTHS! Oh and they want him there for Monday!

I'm so upset! Not sure what to say or do. I didn't like the 21 and 7 schedule but at least it was within driving distance (9hours) and we saw him every 3 weeks. This I can't even fathom.

I don't want to say no, in case nothing else comes up. I mean, we have to pay the bills but seriously how can this be the only job? It can't be... Right???

Sometimes I hate his line of work. I hate that it takes him away from me but i hate that it takes him away the kids more.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    dh has been laid off for a month. He's been looking but nothing has come up.

His union just called with a job except its 18 days on, 3 days off until christmas. 3 days isn't enough time to fly home so it'll mean we won't see him for months! Oh and they want him there for monday!

I'm so upset! Not sure what to say or do. I didn't like the 21 and 7 schedule but at least it was within driving distance (9hours) and we saw him every 3 weeks. This i can't even fathom.

I don't want to say no, in case nothing else comes up. I mean, we have to pay the bills but seriously how can this be the only job? It can't be... Right???

Sometimes i hate his line of work. I hate that it takes him away from me but i hate that it takes him away the kids more.

Sent from my ipod touch using tapatalk
    (((hugs)))
    Ciel and toronto166 like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_forget View Post
    Taking the kiddies and my nephew and my DDs friend camping next week. Decided to be nice and take my nephew early. Picked him up today, kids were playing and everything was great until he took his hat off and scratched his head. I looked (because I am one of those people) and my nephew has lice. The kid was at my house for 2 HOURS!!!!

I rushed to shoppers and bought lice shampoo and spent my afternoon shampooing, pulling out bugs and eggs from my nephew and then made sure that I went over my kids just in case and then gave everyone hair cuts.... Buzz cuts.

My poor princess. She hates bugs as much as I do and preferred to have her long blond locks cut off as a precaution.

At least I know that she looks great with a pixie cut?

I cried. Then vomited.
    OMG! How much trouble is your nephew's parents in?
    Ciel, GoJays and toronto166 like this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Food poisoning
    Ciel, MillieH, i_forget and 1 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Got a guy creaping my profile on a dating site, don't know why since we used to talk and he has my number and can just text me. He is the one who stopped talking to me so I am not sure what the deal is.

Moments like this I hate being non confrontational, I would like to just block him but I am sure it would lead to him texting me since he has my number and than the fight will start and I gotta say I am pretty sick of being the B**** even when I have done nothing wrong, he stopped texting me so I assume he lost interest but some how it will be my fault.
    Ciel, i_forget and toronto166 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

omgosh.. so didn't see that coming.. I laughed out loud.. thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    Over share in 3, 2 , 1..

When your cat interrupts sex and stares at you

i warned you
    Natalka, Ciel, i_forget and 1 others like this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Stores that need a CSM to override when you are using coupons.. some starting @ $3 .. why not have them come at the end of the transaction and quickly review.. it can't be cost/time efficient to pay a cashier and a csm to check through a couponer..
    Natalka, Ciel, i_forget and 3 others like this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

when you have plans to go get a few things and then realize dh has your debit card... I'm not walking there and back (an hour walk each way) to get it from him. I'm just glad I remembered before dragging the kids out.

and the reason he has my card is because I have reward card so I prefer he uses my card when shopping but I forgot to get it back last time I sent him on errands.
    Natalka, Ciel, walkonby and 1 others like this.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JadeAngel View Post
    Autism Mother Rant:

Today is my daughter's 8th birthday and I feel very depressed. I would have loved to throw her a themed birthday party, any type of party for that matter. I would have loved to let her choose her own birthday cake. I would have loved to let her choose her own birthday present. I would do anything just to make her happy on her birthday. But, it is very IRONIC, that as much as how, I would love to celebrate her birthday, and spend a ton of money, just like my parents did for me. My daughter is not even aware that today is her birthday. She is not even aware what a birthday means. And, so for today, I feel very depressed, woke up depressed, and is struggling with depression right now. It's just sad, really, REALLY SAD.

PS: This rant will repeat itself during the Christmas season.
    I don't think the day is far off, when they find a cure for autism.

Or the day when society is well educated so that they learn to accept and accommodate autistic kids better, so its easy for the family .
    JadeAngel, Ciel, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I am a substitute teacher and have opened my home to children for the summer.

I have a few parents who do not like to tell me their schedule in advance. Just this morning I received a text message from a mom at the time that her daughter was supposed to be dropped off. She isn't coming today and it certainly sounds like the little girl is in charge.

Parents of a different girl tried to break the contract that they signed. They both had arguments with me regarding how much they were going to pay me, after the services were received. Glad she finally dropped off a cheque last night. I deposited it at the ATM and want to make sure it clears before the girl comes back on Tuesday.
    Ciel, walkonby and i_forget like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

His union just called with a job EXCEPT its 18 days on, 3 days off until Christmas. 3 days isn't enough time to fly home so it'll mean we won't see him for MONTHS! Oh and they want him there for Monday!

I'm so upset! Not sure what to say or do. I didn't like the 21 and 7 schedule but at least it was within driving distance (9hours) and we saw him every 3 weeks. This I can't even fathom.

Sometimes I hate his line of work. I hate that it takes him away from me but i hate that it takes him away the kids more.

I have a few cousins who fly from Cape Breton to Fort Mac orLloydminsterfor 28 days - they work 12+hours a day with one day off and then he flies back home for three weeks off and does it all over again.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anastasia1009 View Post
    I have a few cousins who fly from Cape Breton to Fort Mac orLloydminsterfor 28 days - they work 12+hours a day with one day off and then he flies back home for three weeks off and does it all over again.
    How often does he go home?

Didn't mind seeing DH every 3 weeks (21 on, 7 off schedule) it was hard but better than not seeing him for 5 months! With a 5 and 3 year old, its even harder. They miss daddy too much for a 5 month stretch! He's trying to negotiate a few extra days off every couple months. Like work 5 weeks straight (12 hour days) then have 6-7 days off (to come home) then back for 5 weeks. Still sucks but better than 5 full months!

Angela273 and francine1985 like this.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I`m sorry this is happening.. my guy was away for 3 months at a time.. home for 1 and then away for 3 again.. its a whole different way of life.. I think it affects how the kids bond with their dad.. mine love their dad but they come to me to talk about the important things in their life.. I compare it to being a single parent without the money issues..

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Free food doesnt mean its calorie free.. waaaaaah

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I am a substitute teacher and have opened my home to children for the summer.

I have a few parents who do not like to tell me their schedule in advance. Just this morning I received a text message from a mom at the time that her daughter was supposed to be dropped off. She isn't coming today and it certainly sounds like the little girl is in charge.

i do hope they are paying you by the week flat rate not by the day
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Thread Information