User Tag List

Page 21 of 654 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 121 521 ... LastLast
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

People who have no idea how to communicate. Seriously, 1 or 2 sentences that explain exactly what you need, not 20 or 30 that dance around what you need and are filled with swearing and comments to TRY to make me feel guilty.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i gotta.... but i don't wanna...
    Abby5 and i_forget like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

2 tired 2 b creative here CanadianCouponCollector's Avatar
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I am an introvert. Which doesn't mean I don't like people, it means I enjoy quiet time. A lot. Some people like to party, some like to go "hang out" with friends, but I like to tuck my kids into bed and stay up for hours reading or messing around on the internet to recharge.

I don't mind when friends stop over for coffee or so our kids can go hang out and get out of our hair. I just need to be prepared for the visit. Like, even a ten minute heads up. I despise unannounced knocks on the door. I wish I lived in an apartment again JUST so I could go back to ignoring every unannounced visit. But it is so obvious when we are home now that I can't pretend we're not. Plus what is that teaching my kids? And how do I tell my friends not to show up unannounced? Makes me want to move and not tell anyone where. Maybe I'm really a hermit. Or maybe I really don't like people.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I think this is common with introverts.. I'm the same.. I just tell people to call first, even my kids. They didn't get it at first.. but I told them if they show up unannounced I could be nude.. sometimes you have to bring out the big guns :o)

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianCouponCollector View Post
    I am an introvert. Which doesn't mean I don't like people, it means I enjoy quiet time. A lot. Some people like to party, some like to go "hang out" with friends, but I like to tuck my kids into bed and stay up for hours reading or messing around on the internet to recharge.

I don't mind when friends stop over for coffee or so our kids can go hang out and get out of our hair. I just need to be prepared for the visit. Like, even a ten minute heads up. I despise unannounced knocks on the door. I wish I lived in an apartment again JUST so I could go back to ignoring every unannounced visit. But it is so obvious when we are home now that I can't pretend we're not. Plus what is that teaching my kids? And how do I tell my friends not to show up unannounced? Makes me want to move and not tell anyone where. Maybe I'm really a hermit. Or maybe I really don't like people.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Wake-up time goes by way too quickly in the early mornings...
    Dee09 and i_forget like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I know I am ticked off about something, mad at someone ...but I forget now??
    Dee09, kazm-l, seylz_gurl and 3 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I live beside a highway that is the main route for people coming from Edmonton to the local Big Valley Jamboore that happens every year. I have learned ( some what) to put up with all the cowboy wannabes flooding our town, buying everything out, causing traffic tie ups and generally being a pain in my a$$. But every year I have to put up with these morons thinking they have the right to come into my yard. My yard IS NOT your public washroom! I have caught not just guys but women urinating in my driveway. One even had the nerve to defecate! Everytime both my Irishwolf hound and I have to chase them out. That's the only funny part is watching them try to run pulling their pants up while my dog is chasing them! My yard IS NOT your private turn around area! If you need to turn around, find some where else. I have had to put up a Do not Enter sign on a sawhorse at the end of my driveway. If the morons hit it, hopefully it will cause damage for them. Next year I am putting in a steel gate. My yard IS NOT your garbage can! I have to pick up trash every day because of these idiots. While I am sure all the wannabes have a great time, the people that live here ( that I have talked to) hate this time of the summer. Most of us leave town or stock up with supplies and don't leave our homes unless we have to. Ok rant done.
    kazm-l, GoJays, walkonby and 2 others like this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

aw wolfie, that is just disrespectful! Is it that hard for them to see that it is technically the entrance to someones home they are turning into? I agree totally, a steel gate will be the best route to go. What you have to endure in the name of tourism is crazy.
    wolfwoman likes this.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Giant tiger has Tostitos & salsa for 1.87 each.. I have coupons buy tostitos get $2 off salsa.. I can't find anyone to go get them.. My hubby says he will get me a bag of chips from the corner store .. $4.. GT is only 5 mins from here in the car.. I don't need the tostiitos.. I'd just like to have them and use up the great coupons with such a g reat sale.. blech
    walkonby likes this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

a supervisor I have NO work contact with, ( we only have a hello/nod while passing relationship these days) makes a strange comment to me with a concerned look on her face. " are you ok, she says? I haven't seen you smiling /and or laughing the way you used to "
    I was already walking away as she said this, and I was busy, really busy, and I said " what do you mean? I laugh my freaking head off all day around here! " It bugs me when people think if you are not gregarious and laughing or even smiling as you work , well there MUST be something wrong.
    Natalka, GoJays, xox2010 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

^ ^ ^ and if you walk around with a stupid grin on your face all day it would look even more weird (or they figure you couldn't be working too hard if you're smiling/laughing all the time).....if I were quicker with comebacks I would love to say something really witty .
    Last edited by redhdlois; Thu, Aug 8th, 2013 at 05:32 PM.
    GoJays and xox2010 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My mother dumped my brat nephew off at my house for the third day in a row and then wonders why I am pi$$ed off at her.
    She is lucky I need her to babysit my dog this weekend.
    GoJays, xox2010 and wolfwoman like this.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Went to a Bat() lecture/walking locating tour last night. I was in good spirits until I saw people bring their kids in. GWAD! Here we go. One woman let her toddler loose and no one could hear the speaker because of the racket he was making. There the rest of the kids realised that there were Tim Bits at the back for later. Back and forth they went, taking HANDFULS and creating more ruckus. I finally suggested to the person in charge that they hide the Tim Bits which she did. I sat back with an evil grin watching the little buggers looking for them. Thank goodness all but 2 of them finally left when we had to wait 45 mins for dusk to locate the bats. If you can't control your children, don't take them out to events and inflict their behavior on the rest of us.
    Crochetlady, Dee09 and xox2010 like this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

it sucks to be over 50 -slightly-helped a girlfriend (went to her daughter's house they just moved in a few months ago) clear her yard out -the guy was a hoarder who they bought the house off -it sucks cause I helped carry stuff to the dumpster in the front of the house and heave it in for 3 hours now my poor body feels like a truck ran over me-loll-oj and my girlfriend bought me a timmies lemonade and it gave me heartburn-ugggg

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by redhdlois View Post
    ^ ^ ^ and if you walk around with a stupid grin on your face all day it would look even more weird (or they figure you couldn't be working too hard if you're smiling/laughing all the time).....if I were quicker with comebacks I would love to say something really witty .

or walk around with the "i know something you don't know" smirk every time you see her
    Crochetlady and walkonby like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Page 21 of 654 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 121 521 ... LastLast

Thread Information