User Tag List

Page 217 of 654 FirstFirst ... 117 167 207 215 216 217 218 219 227 267 317 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,255 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Too cold already! It's only early November.
    Natalka, Ciel, GoJays and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    i'm trying to be an optimist about it.. and i did call her last night left a message left a text about the yellow bag that was full that she did accidentally take...and if it was just the yellow bag that went MIA i would fully out say it was a honest mistake 100%.... but i just have this nagging feeling in my gut.. because i have a bit of OCD and a memory for the obscure things that some items that i knew 100% were in my big red bag... were gone when we got home last evening and sorted the candy out which leaves that horribly naggy feeling in the back of my mind that she might have done it purposely... and that she purposely went into the red bag and took some of it out

i will say trust has been lost that's for sure... it also reminds me of the first round of swim club (we just had the third) where i was stuck standing out front, she changed my kid for me and i had a bag of quarters in the bag (not many.. maybe 4-5.. and a locker takes 2) went missing.. i was thinking i was probably wrong of how many was in there and there was just enough for a locker... but now i'm not too sure(the plastic bag was missing too)

we've made it up to the girlie... hubby took her out today and they got a box of chips from costco...and i went and took her out to walmart this afternoon (meaning to pick up some produce and the inflatable wings for me next year) and all the halloween dress up stuff was on for 75% off so she got some butterfly wings and a fancy higher end (reg $40!) princess dress and she's pretty happy about that but i do have a feeling it may come up on the playground on Monday...
    Your friend has sticky fingers. Never trust her again. Who would steal a kid's candies? Only the lowest of the low. She took the candies bc she has a problem with stealing, her kids has bags of candies already isn't that enough? This is not about a few missing candies issue, she's a bad influence, don't let your child around her.
    Ciel and Candini like this.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

@Midnightly - how old are her kids? Is it possible they grabbed a handful or 2 when no one was looking? Or could the bag have spilled?

Just wondering if there's a possibility that she's innocent... Would be awful to lose a friendship over a misunderstanding.

Hope you figure things out.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Ciel, GoJays, emg and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    @Midnightly - how old are her kids? Is it possible they grabbed a handful or 2 when no one was looking? Or could the bag have spilled?

Just wondering if there's a possibility that she's innocent... Would be awful to lose a friendship over a misunderstanding.

Hope you figure things out.
    her Kids are almost 6 and almost 11, she was the one in the back of the car (well SUV) at the end of the night, there were three points in the night where it could have happened when things were all being put into the back of the car (all my daughter's stuff was put in a big blue ikea bag, it had her two bags of candy, her jacket, her clothing from the day, left over bits from getting her costume on....) my friend put all her kids stuff in the back of the car too (her kids candy,her candy.. she as trick or treating too, two bags of stuff from getting ready.. her kids school backpacks were also back there already) so it was a full trunk load... we were in a bit of a rush because we wanted to catch the bonfire.. my mind was too much in a "hurry lets get the kids in and buckled" mode to think about candy in the back seat... so she had time then while getting everything in... then we nixed the bonfire because it started to rain and was winding down when we drove past and went to Timmy's to get the kids hot chocolate... she had to get her purse out of the back of the car.... so she had time then (i was ushering kids to the sidewalk), then at the end of the night when i dropped her off (i'll admit it was taking longer then it should, but she had to grab like 8+ bags of various things between school backpacks, changes of clothing and dress up stuffs and the candy, plus the hot chocolates in her hand) and while she was doing that i was trying to tell her kids "it's time to get out of the car i have to go" I'll admit i was watching the clock stressed because i had to be on the road to head to hubby's work to bring him the car (a whole nother stress issue there.. we're usually a two car household)

if it was JUST the yellow bag(technically her bag but she lent it to me) that was missing i'd say 100% accident, and when she dumped it she would have noticed 100% that it wasn't hers (i had a empty water bottle in there, empty box of sparklers...)... the more i think about it i know my daughter is missing a significant amount of candy... not just what could have been in that yellow bag and it just shocks me and saddens me that a woman .. who had two kids trick or treating plus was trick treating herself (at one point with more then 1 bag!) would at the end of the night purposely make an effort to steal another kid's candy... i don't want to believe it.. but deep down i know something is off
    Ciel and Decaf like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

So annoyed. I went to loblaws to check for the new coupons the day people were postigg about new ones being out. The loblaws by my house is the only one i found that carries coupons outside of the store not in the aisles. Most of them claim to carry them in the aisles but they're never really there. When I went there was only 1 of the head and shoulders and 1 of the vidal sassoon. Starbucks and the fisher price, only 1 left. Like how many do people take that it finishes within a couple of hours. When i go to RCSS in ontario they always seem to have a good selection. Sigh wouldve loved to get the dial, dove, cashmere, and oral b toothbrush.
    Ciel and cath007 like this.
    Trade list:
    CZ Save $1 on any TWO deleverde pasta exp: oct 31, 2014
    Save $8 on Enfamil A+. gentleease, lactose free, nutramigen A+ exp: feb 1, 2015
    Save $5 on a tub or refill box of Enfamil A+ Gentlease exp: feb 1, 2015
    Save $4 on Enfamil D-Vi-Sol, Tri-Vi-Sol, Poly-Vi-Sol exp: feb 1, 2015

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Perfect day to corral leaves (raking and bagging). Forgot how my lower back likes to go "ha ha" because there's a cold wind though Ms Sunshine's warming me up with my sweater on. Took a break and some ibuprofen because darn it, I want those leaves collected tomorrow. Realized all the bending over the bags to push contents down had to be the real issue. Got task done and had to lie down to let the back find its own way back to normal.
    And I had the brain clamouring for carbs-pop, chocolate-none in the house. Had to drink sparkling juice, then water with some sugar and a dash of salt. I want my carbs!!
    Last edited by Ciel; Mon, Nov 3rd, 2014 at 07:46 PM.
    jackiekai likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Perfect day to corral leaves (raking and bagging). Forgot how my lower back likes to go "ha ha" because there's a cold wind though Ms Sunshine's warming me up with my sweater on. Took a break and some ibuprofen because darn it, I want those leaves collected tomorrow. Realized all the bending over the bags to push contents down had to be the real issue. Got task done and had to lie down to let the back find its own way back to normal.
    And I had the brain clamouring for carbs-pop, chocolate-none in the house. Had to drink sparkling juice, then water with some sugar and a dash of salt. I want my carbs!!
    what?!?! a home with no chocolate stash in it?? and a couponer too?!?! i didn't know that was possible!
    JadeAngel and Ciel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I decided to do some cleaning before winter, inhaling so much bleach I can't smell anything anymore. Plus I got a huge headache from the fumes...I am sooooooooo tired but was glad it's done...tomorrow is another round of cleaning. Gotta sort out the clothes / foods / stuffs for donation too.
    Ciel and Candini like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

my willpower goes completely out the window when I see 50ct boxes of candy at target marked down to $3 from $10!!
    Ciel and cath007 like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    what?!?! a home with no chocolate stash in it?? and a couponer too?!?! i didn't know that was possible!

The only time I buy chocolate is Christmas, Easter and Halloween. If any of the brood want choccie, they have to buy it out of thier allowance. I rarely have chocolate aound.I'm just not keen on the stuff.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by nursegirl View Post
    I got really bad larengitis this summer, and after paying $120 for meds it was fine. Now my throat is killing again and it hurts to keep my eyes open. I want to go to the doctors but dont want to pay $120 ugh
    Boy, do I hear you on that one! I hope you feel better soon.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    The only time I buy chocolate is Christmas, Easter and Halloween. If any of the brood want choccie, they have to buy it out of thier allowance. I rarely have chocolate around.I'm just not keen on the stuff.
    I can and have gone years without eating chocolate - not my fav plus allergic makes it easy - but gummy worms or bubble gum I love
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    The only time I buy chocolate is Christmas, Easter and Halloween. If any of the brood want choccie, they have to buy it out of thier allowance. I rarely have chocolate aound.I'm just not keen on the stuff.

i have stashes of chocolate all over my kitchen plus openly on the counter lol you can usually find it behind the bread maker, in the baking cupboard, in the deli drawer in the fridge, in the cupboard, on the shelf lol.... a large toblerone on the back of the couch lol....then ofcourse the kidlet went trick or treating on Friday..
    JadeAngel and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

I bought a 90pk of chocolate for halloween but no trick or treaters came, and after a summer of cheap ice cream, my pants have no allowance for any candy bars.
    Ciel, GoJays, Midnightly and 3 others like this.
    Join Beyond the Rack here and get a $10 credit!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

We're adjusting to the lower light levels (they are really low today-boo)-chocolate and candies can help while we get around to readying home for colder temps. Just took the vacuum cleaner around the laundry room (too many spider webs) and the cold cellar (that room needs a handyperson and a there was a big black spider (thought it was a cricket) I evicted to the outdoors) and rec room. Gave main doors their seasonal oiling (not into squeaks) and cleaned light fixtures.

My chocolate rant is that I seldom have a coupon for chocolate-so I either pay retail or wait for sales/Shoppers clearance rack.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Thread Information