User Tag List

Page 216 of 654 FirstFirst ... 116 166 206 214 215 216 217 218 226 266 316 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,240 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Midnightly-the hard part for you is to call this person about it or let the bag go (and block all contact with said adult) but also this person's friendship is over, as she paid herself with your kid's bag for the night out (and you drove her family too!). You may have to break your little girl's heart or just get her some extra candies and say while it was fun going out, you did not know that someone would take her bag of treats. Next year, you go solo.

A few kids came by last night in one half hour then it was just the sound of rain falling. Since kids now have mall events/dances and other special events for Halloween, they have more choices than those of us who lived for the one night that it was OK to ask for treats openly in the neighbourhood.

Yes, saw the snow flurries, Candini, this morning. Meteorologists were right about the weather this weekend. But hey, 11C-12C on Monday and Tuesday!
    Last edited by Ciel; Sat, Nov 1st, 2014 at 12:58 PM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    i don't want to accuse my friend of purposely taking my kid's trick or treat candy.. but.. i think she purposely took my kids trick or treat candy!

bit of a tired ramble.....
    to explain... we went out as a group (in a friend's parents neighbourhood.. lots of kids, bunch of townhouses), lots of fun, my daughter had one of those little pumpkins and as it got full we dumped it into a red bag i was carrying.. well that bag i was carrying got a bit too full and my friend lent me one of her spare bags(yellow bag) and i leveled them out a bit (took the top layer which was mostly chips and larger thing like pixie sticks, an empty water bottle) and we kept going... at one of the last houses we went to they got gumball eyeballs and that went into her pumpkin (a handful of them) which at the end of the night ended up n the big red bag..

the night chaos came to a close i put both bags into my big ikea bag (along with all the left over halloween stuffs) into the back of the car, she put her bags and her kids bags and stuff back there too... we head home i drop her off quickly/chaotically because i had to drive to hubby's work to give him the car.. i get there 10 min early so i figure i'll see if my camera is buried at the bottom of the bag of candy (i dropped it in there during the night) and notice the yellow bag is gone.. thinking ok might have been a complete accident.. she grabbed it by mistake (between her and her two kids they had probably 5 bags of various levels)... give her a call leave a message, leave a text.. my child is notably upset i'll admit (she's 7, she's tired, she worked hard for that, and it was all the light fun stuff like chips),

we get home.. i carry the red bag up the stairs.. i thought it looked lighter but shrugged it off (things always seem heavier after a long night of carrying it right??) kid goes to bed i do the candy check and sort... well.. the gumball eyeballs she got at one of the last houses(that she was very excited about) that i KNOW were tossed into the red bag... were not there... i also noticed...that she doesn't have a single pixie stick (i know she got atleast a dozen of them) are missing, and most of the lighter things (your maynards gummies, licorice, marshmallowy type things) there was practically none... soo... i don't want to straight out accuse her of stealing my kids candy....and i mean it's just candy... but... i think purposely she stole my kid's candy! and not just the yellow bag.. but right out of my red bag too (and this is a very nice woman, very friendly, often generous woman, a bit of a kid herself type person)

i know it's just candy... but it makes me really sad...
    That's terrible!

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

at first i just thought it was a pure honest mistake her taking the yellow bag... i called her left a message (she's not the best at answering her phone anyways.. and it was nearly 10pm-dropped them off a half hour previously) also left a text... this morning no reply (but i'll admit that isn't uncommon for her) when she dumped the yellow bag she would have known instantly that it wasn't hers... there was a empty water bottle in there and a empty box of sparklers which were mine from the night (she didn't have either)

it was only later in the evening after the kid went to bed and i sat there doing the usual parental sort checking for bad candy and sorting them into the types (bowl of chocolate, bowl of sugary stuff...) that i noticed the gumball eyeballs were missing these were things that would have been right at the top of the red bag because they were from one of the last houses we went to(i know it's odd that i remember the gumball eyeballs... but i have this odd memory that remembers obscure things... that and i remember thinking.. oh i'm gonna have to pull those out because my kid isn't allowed gum--whole nother rant there about that) and i then looked at what was in the bowls... the pixie sticks (which might have been in the yellow bag i'll admit) were missing (another thing she was super excited about!) there was only maybe 3 packages of maynards (which i'll admit is usually something i end up sneaking from my kid lol) what doesn't seem right.. massive amount of chocolate (because all that stuff is the heavy stuff that goes to the bottom of the bag), i also know she got a number of mini "goodie bags" (the mini treat bags people make up with a mix of things in them) and at the end of the night she only had 1 that it seriously made me think it wasn't a accident... and she went IN to my kids main bag (the bag i was carrying all night) and grabbed handfuls out of it

i see this woman every day after school.. my girl is best friends with her kids..they sit beside eachother on the school bus, both of them are invited to my daughter's birthday next weekend... they play for atleast a hour at the end of the day after school... this woman helps me at swim club and washes my kids hair because i can't (i'm stuck having to monitor the door because i stupidly volunteered to take over swim club this round) i considered this woman a friend...

i don't think i'm going to fully accuse of taking right out of my kid's bag.... but when i talk to her monday(because guaranteed i'll see her on the playground) i know i'll comment about the yellow bag and that my girl was upset... but i'm not going to mention that i know stuff was missing from the red bag... it will just make me think twice... and i'll go out and get my daughter some pixie sticks
    Momof3girlies and Ciel like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

It'd be one thing if it was the candy she took, but if her kids copy any of her behaviour, your DD is in for some heartbreak. Should your daughter figure out or know that her friends or their mother took her candy, she's not going to be too keen to stay in their company.

Maybe see if your daughter can stick by you after the swim club's over while you monitor and that you do her hair. If daughter questions it, just say you'll explain it to her at home. Kids can pick up on adult tensions and it might be easier to change routines so the gradual change is not a shock yet respects your feeling. You'll be counting down calendar days until your monitor duty is over! BTW how it that latecomer parent to swim club? The one who only showed up on the day of without registering, etc.

See if you can get through the birthday next weekend. Would limit contact with the other girls so your DD has more exposure to other friends.
    Last edited by Ciel; Sat, Nov 1st, 2014 at 01:36 PM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

my daughter knows about the yellow bag going missing... and that it was a accident (or atleast i told her that because at the time i honestly thought it was) she was upset that some key things she wants were not in the bowls when we came home... some of it honestly might be in the yellow bag... but some of it.. i KNOW was in the red bag i was carrying.. i probably won't see or hear from the mom till Monday after school because we as a group all sit around for an hour chatting while the kids play.. rain or shine so it's kinda hard to cut her out of my life when she's there...and i'll admit i'm the kind of parent who will go out of her way to be friendly with the parent for the sake of the kids...

the tricky thing about swim club is my daughter can't stick with me.. when it ends i have to go stand in the lobby to make sure no kids take off or go missing (this happened the first week i didn't stand in the lobby and the pool went on lockdown because a kid went MIA... but was later found in the change room) i don't have time to change her before i have to be in the lobby (and this is a big reason why i am not doing swim club next round).. the one who showed up the day the class started saying she registered.. i told her no that day and the money and paper was returned to her (i've also had to deal with tracking down 2 sets of parents to sign their check they submitted, and i've had a parent ask me a week after swimclub started if it was "too late" to join... i'm still waiting for an invoice from the pool so the school can pay for swim club... it's a whole bumbleflap of a situation which makes me not want to repeat it)

the whole situation has sorta thrown me for a loop, and makes me sad... this is a nice woman, energetic happy, positive person (she had significant struggles in her past with addiction but has gotten past them and is doing well),i'll admit she has some issues with returning a phonecall or time managment(i'll say meet me downstairs at 1PM and i'll be waiting easy 15 min) but overall she is a generous nice person (often comes to school with treats for kids afterschool, buys flowers for her daughter to give one to all her friends.. or little pretty things) i think it's just one of these things that i'll just have to mentally process and then let go but remember and keep a closer eye for next time
    Ciel and Candini like this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

now I remember why I don't like Halloween candy that much - I am allergic to chocolate and milk and now I am paying for eating some mini candy.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Mid nightly, maybe I'm too much of an optimist but I'm trying to say it's an honest mistake.
    Perhaps she got scatter brained. Least you can do is approach and ask. I would defiantly call out that candy your daughter was excited for is missing.
    Ciel and krysta lynne like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Even though you said she is a friendly woman, I definitely wouldn't trust her if she did this. I know when I was younger my aunt would always "accidentally" pack away my toys with her daughter's or she would argue with me that her daughter wasn't taking my toys and that she had bought them herself. So my parents took all my toys I would take over to their house and they wrote my initials on each one. All I am saying is just be careful and watch things closely, if this woman is willing to take your kid's candy I wouldn't be shocked if she wouldn't escalate and take something else if not for herself, then for her child. (Not saying this woman would, but I knew some parents growing up who seemed friendly and nice but were just bullies).

Also I remember when I was 8 I broke open a pinata and a kid took my pile of candy I scooped up at a birthday party and despite the fact that I am 20 now and the candy was probably worth a dollar I remember this vividly, so make sure to act like nothing happened to your daughter or she will be a bitter 20 year old one day.
    Last edited by jamesfranco; Sat, Nov 1st, 2014 at 06:20 PM.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

my daughter knows about the yellow bag going missing... and that it was a accident (or atleast i told her that because at the time i honestly thought it was) she was upset that some key things she wants were not in the bowls when we came home... some of it honestly might be in the yellow bag... but some of it.. i KNOW was in the red bag i was carrying.. i probably won't see or hear from the mom till Monday after school because we as a group all sit around for an hour chatting while the kids play.. rain or shine so it's kinda hard to cut her out of my life when she's there...and i'll admit i'm the kind of parent who will go out of her way to be friendly with the parent for the sake of the kids...

the tricky thing about swim club is my daughter can't stick with me.. when it ends i have to go stand in the lobby to make sure no kids take off or go missing (this happened the first week i didn't stand in the lobby and the pool went on lockdown because a kid went MIA... but was later found in the change room) i don't have time to change her before i have to be in the lobby (and this is a big reason why i am not doing swim club next round).. the one who showed up the day the class started saying she registered.. i told her no that day and the money and paper was returned to her (i've also had to deal with tracking down 2 sets of parents to sign their check they submitted, and i've had a parent ask me a week after swimclub started if it was "too late" to join... i'm still waiting for an invoice from the pool so the school can pay for swim club... it's a whole bumbleflap of a situation which makes me not want to repeat it)

the whole situation has sorta thrown me for a loop, and makes me sad... this is a nice woman, energetic happy, positive person (she had significant struggles in her past with addiction but has gotten past them and is doing well),i'll admit she has some issues with returning a phonecall or time managment(i'll say meet me downstairs at 1PM and i'll be waiting easy 15 min) but overall she is a generous nice person (often comes to school with treats for kids afterschool, buys flowers for her daughter to give one to all her friends.. or little pretty things) i think it's just one of these things that i'll just have to mentally process and then let go but remember and keep a closer eye for next time
    You're poor daughter must be so upset. I hope it was an honest mistake and things get resolved and your daughter gets her candy back!
    Ciel, emg and Candini like this.
    Trade list:
    CZ Save $1 on any TWO deleverde pasta exp: oct 31, 2014
    Save $8 on Enfamil A+. gentleease, lactose free, nutramigen A+ exp: feb 1, 2015
    Save $5 on a tub or refill box of Enfamil A+ Gentlease exp: feb 1, 2015
    Save $4 on Enfamil D-Vi-Sol, Tri-Vi-Sol, Poly-Vi-Sol exp: feb 1, 2015

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i'm trying to be an optimist about it.. and i did call her last night left a message left a text about the yellow bag that was full that she did accidentally take...and if it was just the yellow bag that went MIA i would fully out say it was a honest mistake 100%.... but i just have this nagging feeling in my gut.. because i have a bit of OCD and a memory for the obscure things that some items that i knew 100% were in my big red bag... were gone when we got home last evening and sorted the candy out which leaves that horribly naggy feeling in the back of my mind that she might have done it purposely... and that she purposely went into the red bag and took some of it out

i will say trust has been lost that's for sure... it also reminds me of the first round of swim club (we just had the third) where i was stuck standing out front, she changed my kid for me and i had a bag of quarters in the bag (not many.. maybe 4-5.. and a locker takes 2) went missing.. i was thinking i was probably wrong of how many was in there and there was just enough for a locker... but now i'm not too sure(the plastic bag was missing too)

we've made it up to the girlie... hubby took her out today and they got a box of chips from costco...and i went and took her out to walmart this afternoon (meaning to pick up some produce and the inflatable wings for me next year) and all the halloween dress up stuff was on for 75% off so she got some butterfly wings and a fancy higher end (reg $40!) princess dress and she's pretty happy about that but i do have a feeling it may come up on the playground on Monday...
    Last edited by Midnightly; Sat, Nov 1st, 2014 at 07:09 PM.
    Ciel, Decaf, Candini and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

i'm trying to be an optimist about it.. and i did call her last night left a message left a text about the yellow bag that was full that she did accidentally take...and if it was just the yellow bag that went MIA i would fully out say it was a honest mistake 100%.... but i just have this nagging feeling in my gut.. because i have a bit of OCD and a memory for the obscure things that some items that i knew 100% were in my big red bag... were gone when we got home last evening and sorted the candy out which leaves that horribly naggy feeling in the back of my mind that she might have done it purposely... and that she purposely went into the red bag and took some of it out

i will say trust has been lost that's for sure... it also reminds me of the first round of swim club (we just had the third) where i was stuck standing out front, she changed my kid for me and i had a bag of quarters in the bag (not many.. maybe 4-5.. and a locker takes 2) went missing.. i was thinking i was probably wrong of how many was in there and there was just enough for a locker... but now i'm not too sure(the plastic bag was missing too)

we've made it up to the girlie... hubby took her out today and they got a box of chips from costco...and i went and took her out to walmart this afternoon (meaning to pick up some produce and the inflatable wings for me next year) and all the halloween dress up stuff was on for 75% off so she got some butterfly wings and a fancy higher end (reg $40!) princess dress and she's pretty happy about that but i do have a feeling it may come up on the playground on Monday...
    Ehhh...
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyQT View Post
    Poor grammar and punctuation. I can not stand it when people use "seen" instead of "saw" and "loose" instead of "lose" "got" instead of "have" and the list goes on and on and on.

I also don't understand how people graduate from high school and still can not form a proper sentence with correct spelling. What the heck? Isn't that stuff taught in the junior grades anymore?

Boggles my mind how many adults in my workplace have terrible grammar and spelling.
    Ooh how about yous guys...that one makes me crazy!
    Natalka, CrazyQT, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Midnightly, that is a very sad story. I'm so sorry your friend stole candy from your daughter. Unbelievable. Not surprised that this woman has struggled with addiction...I wonder if she gets the munchies and that is why she needed all that candy. I hope you are able to distance yourself from her.
    Ciel likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I got really bad larengitis this summer, and after paying $120 for meds it was fine. Now my throat is killing again and it hurts to keep my eyes open. I want to go to the doctors but dont want to pay $120 ugh
    Ciel and GatineauGirl like this.
    Trade list:
    CZ Save $1 on any TWO deleverde pasta exp: oct 31, 2014
    Save $8 on Enfamil A+. gentleease, lactose free, nutramigen A+ exp: feb 1, 2015
    Save $5 on a tub or refill box of Enfamil A+ Gentlease exp: feb 1, 2015
    Save $4 on Enfamil D-Vi-Sol, Tri-Vi-Sol, Poly-Vi-Sol exp: feb 1, 2015

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    That's terrible!

and lengthly.

go hit that target halloween clearance and dont ever leave your belongings with that chick ever again. holy moly. what a jerk she is for doing that eh?

people like that deserve to be dropped.
    Ciel, Decaf and Candini like this.
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Thread Information