User Tag List

Page 215 of 654 FirstFirst ... 115 165 205 213 214 215 216 217 225 265 315 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,225 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    FREAKING HOT FLASHES!!! My mom was laughing her head off when I complained about them. Winter can't come fast enough for me!
    Name:  hot flashes.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  50.9 KB

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Popcorn! That's a sassy cartoon, GG! Bubble captures sense of life experience.

Wolfwoman, it was not nice of Mom to rub in your discomfort-you'll have to play deaf next time she's feeling something.
    May you find some frozen fruit or ices to help you with the temperature. Do those neckwraps with crystals that soak still exist in stores?
    Last edited by Ciel; Fri, Oct 31st, 2014 at 12:18 AM.
    Momof3girlies and macw1960 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Poor grammar and punctuation. I can not stand it when people use "seen" instead of "saw" and "loose" instead of "lose" "got" instead of "have" and the list goes on and on and on.

I also don't understand how people graduate from high school and still can not form a proper sentence with correct spelling. What the heck? Isn't that stuff taught in the junior grades anymore?

Boggles my mind how many adults in my workplace have terrible grammar and spelling.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

My sibling lives in the land of "seen"-loves using his pluperfect tense without the necessary auxiliary verb. Have railed to no success about it.
    School-everyone does what is needed to get through it or drop out. Teachers who see the people in their students can help lessons stick after graduation.
    macw1960 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyQT View Post
    Poor grammar and punctuation. I can not stand it when people use "seen" instead of "saw" and "loose" instead of "lose" "got" instead of "have" and the list goes on and on and on.

I also don't understand how people graduate from high school and still can not form a proper sentence with correct spelling. What the heck? Isn't that stuff taught in the junior grades anymore?

Boggles my mind how many adults in my workplace have terrible grammar and spelling.
    Honestly when I was in college 12 years ago, we had to spend a day in our english class learning about nouns and verbs because only 2 people(middle age) knew what they were. The rest of us who were fresh out of high school were never taught that. My daughter who's in grade 6 hasn't had a spelling list/test since grade 2.
    macw1960 likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    Honestly when I was in college 12 years ago, we had to spend a day in our english class learning about nouns and verbs because only 2 people(middle age) knew what they were. The rest of us who were fresh out of high school were never taught that. My daughter who's in grade 6 hasn't had a spelling list/test since grade 2.
    I only learned nouns/verb/adjectives from playing Mad Libs. Definitely not taught in school. (I graduate HS in 2006).
    seylz_gurl, macw1960 and Decaf like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyQT View Post

Name:  there their.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  12.8 KB
    Natalka, JadeAngel, GoJays and 9 others like this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

glad I unpacked my long johns - went outside to get the mail and had to go back upstairs and put long johns on. brrrr
    Update - Bootsie is so much better - she is walking better and she can see. The vet told us she would never see again. Hubby now wants to change vets to one that only deals with cats. It was so hard seeing my hubby cry when she was sick - they are bffs.
    Last edited by anastasia1009; Fri, Oct 31st, 2014 at 01:34 PM.
    Natalka, Ciel, macw1960 and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Bought 3 KIK for my bro and used 2 stack at Target $1 wub 3. Cashier only used one coupon; So went fix the mistake but they refunded me 50 cents per bottle instead of 85 cents I paid for....Lost money!
    Ciel, macw1960 and Cata like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We usually get a lot of trick or treaters so I bought about $20.00 in candy (and I bought it all on sale, so there was a lot of candy). We ended up having only four kids. I am wondering where the dozens who usually come went.

We live in a house that has a set of stairs that run up to a front balcony so I had to leave the front door open downstairs while I was waiting for what I thought would be lots of kids, so I could keep an eye on the trick or treaters before they reached the door in case they decided to climb the stairs to the balcony since I didn't want them to slip on the steps. So I had to turn the furnace down so it wouldn't kick in while the front door was open and I had to sit and watch out the door for a couple hours while the house got cold.

I think next year I won't do halloween, and if I do I will just put a bowl of candy at the end of the driveway and turn my lights off.

But one good thing came out of the night, I met Spiderman so I can scratch that off my bucketlist.
    Ciel, GoJays, seylz_gurl and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i don't want to accuse my friend of purposely taking my kid's trick or treat candy.. but.. i think she purposely took my kids trick or treat candy!

bit of a tired ramble.....
    to explain... we went out as a group (in a friend's parents neighbourhood.. lots of kids, bunch of townhouses), lots of fun, my daughter had one of those little pumpkins and as it got full we dumped it into a red bag i was carrying.. well that bag i was carrying got a bit too full and my friend lent me one of her spare bags(yellow bag) and i leveled them out a bit (took the top layer which was mostly chips and larger thing like pixie sticks, an empty water bottle) and we kept going... at one of the last houses we went to they got gumball eyeballs and that went into her pumpkin (a handful of them) which at the end of the night ended up n the big red bag..

the night chaos came to a close i put both bags into my big ikea bag (along with all the left over halloween stuffs) into the back of the car, she put her bags and her kids bags and stuff back there too... we head home i drop her off quickly/chaotically because i had to drive to hubby's work to give him the car.. i get there 10 min early so i figure i'll see if my camera is buried at the bottom of the bag of candy (i dropped it in there during the night) and notice the yellow bag is gone.. thinking ok might have been a complete accident.. she grabbed it by mistake (between her and her two kids they had probably 5 bags of various levels)... give her a call leave a message, leave a text.. my child is notably upset i'll admit (she's 7, she's tired, she worked hard for that, and it was all the light fun stuff like chips),

we get home.. i carry the red bag up the stairs.. i thought it looked lighter but shrugged it off (things always seem heavier after a long night of carrying it right??) kid goes to bed i do the candy check and sort... well.. the gumball eyeballs she got at one of the last houses(that she was very excited about) that i KNOW were tossed into the red bag... were not there... i also noticed...that she doesn't have a single pixie stick (i know she got atleast a dozen of them) are missing, and most of the lighter things (your maynards gummies, licorice, marshmallowy type things) there was practically none... soo... i don't want to straight out accuse her of stealing my kids candy....and i mean it's just candy... but... i think purposely she stole my kid's candy! and not just the yellow bag.. but right out of my red bag too (and this is a very nice woman, very friendly, often generous woman, a bit of a kid herself type person)

i know it's just candy... but it makes me really sad...
    Last edited by Midnightly; Sat, Nov 1st, 2014 at 05:48 AM.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

It's snowing. That is all.
    Natalka, Ciel, GoJays and 5 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

we had fewer trick-or-treaters too probably due to the ultimate Halloween catastrophe of freezing rain which turned into snow. A lot of the kid came in cars.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

[QUOTE=Midnightly;6115612]i don't want to accuse my friend of purposely taking my kid's trick or treat candy.. but.. i think she purposely took my kids trick or treat candy!

Seriously, who takes a kid's candy?
    Momof3girlies, Ciel and Decaf like this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

[QUOTE=wolfwoman;6115844]
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    i don't want to accuse my friend of purposely taking my kid's trick or treat candy.. but.. i think she purposely took my kids trick or treat candy!

Seriously, who takes a kid's candy?

exactly... who purposely takes a 7yr old's candy.. especially a woman who had two kids trick or treating.. and who was trick or treating herself!! (at some point she was holding open 3 bags-2 for her and 1 for her little girl who was too tired/didn't want to carry her own bag anymore)

on the night i didn't really have a huge issue with the adult trick or treating with the kids.. she had went all out costume wise, she was keeping the energy up really getting into the fun spirit of the season...... but... when i think back... i donno.. when she started hitting up every door holding open 3 bags....
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Thread Information