User Tag List

Page 265 of 654 FirstFirst ... 165 215 255 263 264 265 266 267 275 315 365 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,975 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Trading Score
    78 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anastasia1009 View Post
    I am saving money now for a crown replacement - here in Regina they quoted me $1100 for crown & root canal but if I pay cash its $800. I am hoping we get insurance soon but I know crowns aren't covered by most basic plans. Or might wait till we go to Ontario to get a better deal.
    $1100 for both?? That's awesome!! I paid $750 for the root canal and $900 for the crown, which is after she gave me a 20% discount on the crown and a $200 discount on the root canal.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

i paid 1600.00 for my last root canal and crown.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I am really DISGUSTED with the town I live in. Today is the funeral of an RCMP officer and as a small sign of respect, there was a Facebook page asking people to wear red. I saw only ONE person other than DH and I wearing red. Pitiful!
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

go to the movies tonight... theatre is empty.. i mean seriously i'm the ONLY one in the room.. the previews start 3 people enter...no biggy so i don't get a private screening.. and where do they decide to sit.. exactly infront of me! you have a whole theatre of seats to pick from! and you pick right infront of the 1 person in there who showed up early to get a seat and sure enough they are tall (i'm short.. if people sit infront of me i tend not to be able to see the screen very well) i decide you know what.. i was here first...and i'm not going to sit and have the screen blocked by some people who show up late... so i'll admit i did a little tit-for-tat and change my seat... directly infront of them.. ofcourse politely i comment "i'm short when people sit infront of me i can't see the screen"... honestly i don't care if they thought it was rude(hey they did it first) BUT they must have got the point and moved right after two more rows back... then..drive home..it's midnight.. it's seriously foggy outside you can barely see a block ahead of you while driving... what foolish asshat thinks it's a great idea to cross the street while there's a green light?? ohh the one i could have hit if i wasn't driving at 20km due to the fog i swear some people have a death wish
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

^ lol the green light was for you or for the asshat? (I'm assuming for you)

Good one at the movie theater
    Ciel and LIVE SIMPLE like this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Cata View Post
    ^ lol the green light was for you or for the asshat? (I'm assuming for you)

Good one at the movie theater

yup... i had the green light he had the no walk light...

i'll admit at the theater i probably could have just moved to one of the further side seats.. but hey... i was there first lol and when you go to a movie you want to sit directly in the middle of the screen to get the best view! (i keep thinking of sheldon from the big bang talking about the "sweet spot" in the theatre)

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    166 (100%)

I was unfortunately just told by a moderator that asking for electronic fundraising donations and/or non perishables is not allowed, although looking where I posted it, there are threads for fundraising for other, larger causes.

That was the only reason I posted.

What's up with that lol?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    I am really DISGUSTED with the town I live in. Today is the funeral of an RCMP officer and as a small sign of respect, there was a Facebook page asking people to wear red. I saw only ONE person other than DH and I wearing red. Pitiful!
    I wore my red canada shirt in support even though I was cleaning the house. Very sad. Tried to watch the funeral but lost it when I saw the riderless horse with boots in the stirrups

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    It may well not be due to a lack of respect since a FB request isn't a command.
    Many people don't use FB and may not have known that certain people wanted them to wear a specific colour on a certain day for a reason.

Others may not possess a visible item of red clothing or had a sweater or coat on over the top of a shirt . I don't wear red as I don't ook good in it and the only item I possess which is red is a pair of undies. I wouldn't tbe waltzing around showing those off as a mark of respect....

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    It may well not be due to a lack of respect since a FB request isn't a command.
    Many people don't use FB and may not have known that certain people wanted them to wear a specific colour on a certain day for a reason.

Others may not possess a visible item of red clothing or had a sweater or coat on over the top of a shirt . I don't wear red as I don't ook good in it and the only item I possess which is red is a pair of undies. I wouldn't tbe waltzing around showing those off as a mark of respect....

this is very true.. and from recent experience i had a heck of a time trying to find a red sweater to buy this year everything was oranges (i went to probably 6+ stores before i found something that was solid red and this was a month before christmas when you expect stores to have red garments)
    toronto166 likes this.

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

had to get my molar pulled out. no insurance here either. this was a few days ago. its still super sore.

about a week ago the molar cracked in half on honey bunches of oats so there was no waiting. gotta love unexpected expenses.
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Fk&% Zuckerberg! Locked my Facebook account because my name does not seem right; hey Zucker, your name is as fake as the Facebook too!
    toronto166 likes this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i'm stick and feckin tired of getting god damn lice notices in my daughter's backpack! i have had 4 yes 4 since christmas break ended! school has been back in for what... 17 days and i have had 4 separate lice notices! this is NOT ok! if your kid has lice DEAL WITH IT! and stop sending them to school!
    Ciel, LIVE SIMPLE, Candini and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    i'm stick and feckin tired of getting god damn lice notices in my daughter's backpack! i have had 4 yes 4 since christmas break ended! school has been back in for what... 17 days and i have had 4 separate lice notices! this is NOT ok! if your kid has lice DEAL WITH IT! and stop sending them to school!
    That's disgusting.
    I'd flip if my kid came home with head lice.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    That's disgusting.
    I'd flip if my kid came home with head lice.

the trouble is that lice spreads.. it's just the fact of what it is.. kids play together, kids hug lice spreads.. kids jackets touch eachothers it spreads... kid with it lays down on the classroom carpet.... it spreads...a person with it sat down in the seat at the movie theatre.. it spreads! so even the cleanest most well taken care of child can catch it (just like a typical cold) even high end prep schools still get lice..daycamps get cases of lice (my daughter's friend caught it at a daycamp!)

it's the fact that the ones who do have it.. are not being vigilant enough to stomp it out and many of the cases in my daughter's school.. perticularly in her classroom.. it's often the same kid.. the parents are not giving it 110% effort to get rid of it.. yes treat the kid, but you now have to treat yourself, every family member, all the bedding and stuffies, the couch where people sit, all jackets and clothing (you get the idea anything made of fabric or anything the hair as touched) then it's a case of check check and recheck every day for a month.... to make sure it's gone and hasn't come back then do weekly follow up checks and that's the BIG issue right now in my daughter's class.. it's 1 kid... and most parents/kids know which kid it is especially since she was sent home today (a part of me feels bad for the kid.. it can give the kid a stigma other kids don't want to play with the little girl who constantly has lice because she can be seen as dirty)

i'm glad the school is pro-active and keeping us informed..but i'm just beyond frustrated about it.. every day after school my daughter sits on a chair infront of me and we go through her hair with a lice comb.. this weekend we cut 3-4 inches length off her hair because it was just getting too long and brushing was hurting her (long thin hair.. knots easily) i put tea-tree oil in all her shampoos, i regularly spray down her jackets and backpack with it, her hair lives in a multi elastic pony tail, i have the $40+ electronic robi comb that's like a bug zapper for lice and i go over her hair with that regularly why can't other parents put in the effort to deal with this!

back when i was a kid this was considered a public health issue, the health nurse would come into the schools and check kids heads and if a kid had it they would be sent home and wouldn't come back till it was dealt with... it's no longer considered such and i do think that is part of the problem..
    Ciel, Decaf, Candini and 1 others like this.

Thread Information