User Tag List

Page 618 of 631 FirstFirst ... 118 518 568 608 616 617 618 619 620 628 ... LastLast
Results 9,256 to 9,270 of 9462
Like Tree36267Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

  1. #9256
    Dancing bean paste bun Ciel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    13,945
    Likes Received
    18630
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)




    Someone told me last month that things happen in threes...let's see: the automatic washing machine stopped spinning (either the ball bearings or a belt is the likely issue) after 7pm on Saturday but most loads were already washed. I just wanted to spin out water from hand washing and the only thing the machine WOULD do is add water to the drum. No, I want water out....

    Sibling made it known he won't spend $ on repair (almost 22 yrs old machine) and told me to buy a new machine. Back to the wringer-washer for now but I will pick my laundry moments. Tonight, I will read the manual to see how the rollers work (they are kind of dusty and probably need oil somewhere) because handwringing laundry of different weights was NOT fun this morning.
    Where is the snack food buffet?

  2. #9257
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Posts
    3,447
    Likes Received
    2685
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)




    Is your brother paying for the new machine?
    RewardShopping(formally Superpoints)
    https://rewardshopping.com/join/lGPY..._Uz-z_ZsYfNIZ4

  3. #9258
    Canadian Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    ontario
    Posts
    18,550
    Likes Received
    37454
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)




    having to pick up my ripped garbage this morning from a skunk or possum -but noticed on my walk many other garbage bags were ripped into
    Last edited by coupon girl; Fri, Jun 8th, 2018 at 08:47 AM.

  4. #9259
    Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    4,150
    Likes Received
    12901
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)




    A girl from an upper year class called my four year old daughter "a little chubby" and walked away and the comment has stayed with her for days.

    Two boys have also been calling her names.

    Kindergarteners.....

  5. #9260
    CaNewbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    68
    Likes Received
    123
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)



    Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    A girl from an upper year class called my four year old daughter "a little chubby" and walked away and the comment has stayed with her for days.

    Two boys have also been calling her names.

    Kindergarteners.....
    Get your daughter to start telling these little monsters that she has retired her rap name 'little chubby' and now goes by a symbol. Then have her show them the symbol. With her hands. And a finger. Or double fingers.

    It's so hard because you want to teach her to stand up for herself but not retaliate in kind. I'm sorry both she and you have been made angry and upset.
    Newfiescreech, Ciel and dededi like this.

  6. #9261
    no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Scarlem
    Posts
    36,338
    Likes Received
    56228
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)




    totally crazy pet peeve of mine but here goes!

    I love watching the Jays game in High Def, you know on our large screen tv .
    Anyways in last nights game this BROAD!!!! ( If I had a baseball in my hand and was in the crowd I would've beaned her! )
    Every time the camera was on the batter, here she was waving in the background like a mad fool....o.k. lady I get it.....you are on tv! Maybe there are people at home that know you are there and you want them to see you....once was enough but EVERY TIME???
    Can you imagine the camera guys that have to see self absorbed fans like that in every shot?

    Rant over






  7. #9262
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    anywhere along southern NB
    Posts
    1,304
    Likes Received
    2266
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    totally crazy pet peeve of mine but here goes!
    I love watching the Jays game in High Def, you know on our large screen tv .
    Anyways in last nights game this BROAD!!!! ( If I had a baseball in my hand and was in the crowd I would've beaned her! )
    Every time the camera was on the batter, here she was waving in the background like a mad fool....o.k. lady I get it.....you are on tv! Maybe there are people at home that know you are there and you want them to see you....once was enough but EVERY TIME???
    Can you imagine the camera guys that have to see self absorbed fans like that in every shot?
    Rant over

    Was she seated in the area behind the plate, and in view of the pitcher? -- and was she only doing it when one team was at bat, and not the other?
    I ask because fans have been known to buy seats in that area and cause a commotion and visual distraction on purpose to throw off the pitcher's concentration.

    Just my two cents.
    Ciel and walkonby like this.

  8. #9263
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North of 50
    Posts
    1,603
    Likes Received
    1626
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)




    People who park in the firelane in front of malls and large stores right beside the NO PARKING signs have always grated on my nerves - IMO 95% are men waiting for their wives because heaven forbid the wives have to walk to an actual parking stall or the husbands actually park and go in the store to HELP the wives but today was even worse. Was in a tight parking lot trying to back into a space and this darn car was blocking my path because he was parked and waiting where he wasn't supposed to be. Wouldn't even move when tooted at. Literally had to get out and basically yell at the guy through his closed window that he was parked in a no parking zone/firelane and he was blocking me from park and he STILL just sat there until I got back in my vehicle and came REALLY close to his car (I'm good at knowing the length of my own vehicle) and then he was like "oh um...maybe I guess I should...um move... um maybe a little" as he pulls up 20 feet and stops again.

    BANG. HEAD. HERE.
    barbis9, Ciel, walkonby and 1 others like this.

  9. #9264
    Smart Canuck r0c0upons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,532
    Likes Received
    1962
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    A girl from an upper year class called my four year old daughter "a little chubby" and walked away and the comment has stayed with her for days.

    Two boys have also been calling her names.

    Kindergarteners.....
    Some kid said something similar to my daughter on the walk to school a few weeks ago. I told her that he was talking about me, though, but oh MAN was I tempted to give this kid a piece of my mind. He not only said it, but he kept yelling it, the little sh**!
    Ciel likes this.
    “Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

    -Henry Ford

  10. #9265
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    GTA Area
    Posts
    1,429
    Likes Received
    3835
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by coupongirl99 View Post
    People who park in the firelane in front of malls and large stores right beside the NO PARKING signs have always grated on my nerves - IMO 95% are men waiting for their wives because heaven forbid the wives have to walk to an actual parking stall or the husbands actually park and go in the store to HELP the wives but today was even worse. Was in a tight parking lot trying to back into a space and this darn car was blocking my path because he was parked and waiting where he wasn't supposed to be. Wouldn't even move when tooted at. Literally had to get out and basically yell at the guy through his closed window that he was parked in a no parking zone/firelane and he was blocking me from park and he STILL just sat there until I got back in my vehicle and came REALLY close to his car (I'm good at knowing the length of my own vehicle) and then he was like "oh um...maybe I guess I should...um move... um maybe a little" as he pulls up 20 feet and stops again.

    BANG. HEAD. HERE.
    I agree 100%. I always give these drivers a dirty look and tell them that they often ticket drivers doing that.....but it falls on deaf ears.
    Ciel and coupongirl99 like this.

  11. #9266
    Dancing bean paste bun Ciel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    13,945
    Likes Received
    18630
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by momof3heathens View Post
    Is your brother paying for the new machine?
    Seems he finally did on Monday. Have to wait for Saturday to see it.
    momof3heathens likes this.
    Where is the snack food buffet?

  12. #9267
    Dancing bean paste bun Ciel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    13,945
    Likes Received
    18630
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)




    Walmart Supercentre in Ancaster always has one or two drivers who park on the firelane by the grocery store entrance or near the garden centre. Meanwhile there are parking spaces available and I as a pedestrian have to bob and weave around illegally-parked vehicles. Not sure what the protocol is but City bylaw officers never seem to be nearby nor police cruisers as the centre is private property.

    My rant today is that to see online World Cup coverage, one has to log into a CTV or TSN account. CTV still has not added Cogeco to their cable provider list-I had that issue when I signed up CTV.ca to access a prime-time show to no avail. CTV will air weekend games but everything else is on TSN4 or 5 or online their site (another login required). Grr!
    coupongirl99 likes this.
    Where is the snack food buffet?

  13. #9268
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    anywhere along southern NB
    Posts
    1,304
    Likes Received
    2266
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    My rant today is that to see online World Cup coverage, one has to log into a CTV or TSN account. CTV still has not added Cogeco to their cable provider list-I had that issue when I signed up CTV.ca to access a prime-time show to no avail. CTV will air weekend games but everything else is on TSN4 or 5 or online their site (another login required). Grr!

    When I go to TSN.ca and select ANY live stream, Cogeco is available to me... ??

    When you pick a live stream, there's a pop-up window. Then have to select TSN GO from the pop-up window then pick your provider... (See screen shot below)

    Cogeco IS in fact listed there. You should just be able to login via their portal. (assuming you have the TSN bundle on your Cogeco programming subscription)


    Name:  Cogeco-TSN.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  149.9 KB
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Thu, Jun 14th, 2018 at 10:21 PM.
    Ciel and rockco like this.

  14. #9269
    no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Scarlem
    Posts
    36,338
    Likes Received
    56228
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)




    this was just too funny to even bother getting riled up over but I wanted to post it to share the ridiculousness of it with y'all.
    At GT...pm-ing strawberries from FB
    Cashier examines both the flyer and the pkg of berries intently...REALLY looking back and forth to them, then says " I can't pm these "
    uh.....why I asked ?
    because the flyer says product of USA and these berries say product of California

    ....I thought I was gonna pee myself....but said " you do realize California is IN the USA don't you? "
    She looks bewildered and calls out to " Sheila " ( not her real name because I forget who she yelled for )
    Sheila asks her if the weight is the same, is the flyer the right date.......yes and yes....but she shares her concern that these say USA and these say California...and Sheila rolls her eyes and says they are o.k. to pm


    your welcome!

  15. #9270
    Mastermind Shwa Girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    22,387
    Likes Received
    36630
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    this was just too funny to even bother getting riled up over but I wanted to post it to share the ridiculousness of it with y'all.
    At GT...pm-ing strawberries from FB
    Cashier examines both the flyer and the pkg of berries intently...REALLY looking back and forth to them, then says " I can't pm these "
    uh.....why I asked ?
    because the flyer says product of USA and these berries say product of California

    ....I thought I was gonna pee myself....but said " you do realize California is IN the USA don't you? "
    She looks bewildered and calls out to " Sheila " ( not her real name because I forget who she yelled for )
    Sheila asks her if the weight is the same, is the flyer the right date.......yes and yes....but she shares her concern that these say USA and these say California...and Sheila rolls her eyes and says they are o.k. to pm


    your welcome!
    Thanks for this walkonby
    Thank goodness it did not say product of Florida
    Momof3girlies, Ciel and walkonby like this.

Page 618 of 631 FirstFirst ... 118 518 568 608 616 617 618 619 620 628 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •