User Tag List

Page 154 of 654 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144 152 153 154 155 156 164 204 254 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 9804
Like Tree37293Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I hate to say...i think an animal may have died in the area and is rotting
    Quote Originally Posted by Decaf View Post
    Stinky outdoor air, can't open windows...

At my complex, I noticed that the outdoor air is super stinky, not garbage stink but worse...more like rotten meat. I can't even open the windows to let fresh air in. It seems to be worse on hot days and after rain. Not sure what is causing the stinky smell. Our area have this stinky smell problem for a few years...I don't know if I should bring this to management attention (I know they won't do anything). I am going to need an expensive air filter system.
    Ciel and Decaf like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

At my complex, I noticed that the outdoor air is super stinky, not garbage stink but worse...more like rotten meat. I can't even open the windows to let fresh air in. It seems to be worse on hot days and after rain. Not sure what is causing the stinky smell. Our area have this stinky smell problem for a few years...I don't know if I should bring this to management attention (I know they won't do anything). I am going to need an expensive air filter system.
    Maybe there is a sewage treatment plant near by? Theres one in my city and in the summer it smells really rancid.
    hollyquaiscer, Ciel, Decaf and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Moldy smelling towels/face cloths.

DH thought he was doing me a favor by throwing a load of towels in - EXCEPT there was some kind of communication breakdown and I didn't find them until days later! I've washed them twice but they stink!

Not sure what to do with them. My mom said try vinegar... Does colour safe bleach exist or am I imagining it? Maybe Borax would work? Really don't want to have to buy all new towels & face cloths.
    Last edited by bargain_hunter_lola; Tue, Jun 24th, 2014 at 08:36 PM.
    hollyquaiscer, Ciel and beckie.c like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Try laundry powder detergent and add a large scoop of Oxiclean powder, mix with water and soak your towels for at least a few hours, the longer the better.

For kitchen towel which isn't smelling too bad, I just soak it with dish detergent and vinegar overnight.

Bleach works best but the bleach smell lingers...I do believe there's colour safe bleach but have never tried it.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post

DH thought he was doing me a favor by throwing a load of towels in - EXCEPT there was some kind of communication breakdown and I didn't find them until days later! I've washed them twice but they stink!

Not sure what to do with them. My mom said try vinegar... Does colour safe bleach exist or am I imagining it? Maybe Borax would work? Really don't want to have to buy all new towels & face cloths.
    Baking soda?

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-vinegar -I am trying vinegar to get moth balls smell out of baby clothing -yes that is a rant why oh why did my mom tell me to throw mothballs in with the baby clothing I have stored for 30 years cant get the darn smell out now -vinegar and air drying on the line help a bit-any tips anyone???

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh that sucks. I've done that before and what I did was washed them at the hottest water setting with some baking soda (I use about a cup). Don't use detergent or softener. Once that is done, run it again with vingear only.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

OxiClean and some of the downy pearls. Dh did a load of laundry too, jeans and dark stuff. Didn't tell me and 3 days later, I went to through in some stuff and voila.....stinky mess! Worked for me, although I had to wash the stuff 3 times to finally rid the musty smell from both the clothes and the washing machine
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by trishka View Post
    Oh that sucks. I've done that before and what I did was washed them at the hottest water setting with some baking soda (I use about a cup). Don't use detergent or softener. Once that is done, run it again with vingear only.
    I googled and this is what it said to do.

Anyone know if I can do this with a front loading HE washer?

I usually use Tide with the colour safe bleach but it didn't make a dent. I thought about soaking them in the bathtub in vinegar and then washing them. lol. I have borax here but not baking soda. Guess I'll be picking some up!
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Maybe it's organic waste (green bins)?

We had a similar problem with one bin whose lid was offset a couple of centimetres - the smell was enough to make a person faint. Blech. Once the lid was adjusted to close properly, the smell was cut considerably (as long as you hold your breath when you open the lid to toss your organics, all is well). Considering the bin contains diapers, kitty litter, doggy waste, bones, meat, compost, etc, etc, it's a wonder it isn't worse.

If you happen to be the fortunate one whose unit is above the bin, maybe ask management to find a different location?

Good luck!

Last edited by Andit; Wed, Jun 25th, 2014 at 10:44 AM. Reason: laptop got bored waiting for me to type & posted
    Ciel and Decaf like this.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I googled and this is what it said to do.

Anyone know if I can do this with a front loading HE washer?

I usually use Tide with the colour safe bleach but it didn't make a dent. I thought about soaking them in the bathtub in vinegar and then washing them. lol. I have borax here but not baking soda. Guess I'll be picking some up!
    I'm not very familiar with borax, but the purpose of the baking soda is, as a natural deodorizer, it gets rid of the smell. The vinegar and the hot water will help kill any mould or mildew that was growing.

You can absolutely do this with a front loading HE washer. I have the same type of machine. Instead of using the dispensing tray, I put the baking soda/vinegar directly on the clothes/towels in the drum. I'd also suggest leaving the door open (if you don't already) once it is done so that the machine can air out. If the machine itself smells, run a clean cycle with vinegar.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anastasia1009 View Post
    yelling at Bell Canada for a bill hike of $46 - no notifications - waiting for loyalty department or good bye land line
    Update - I ed at Bell first on the phone - took down names and ID numbers. I was firm and even had my two yr contract ready to fax to them saying no price change that Eastgate Bell Store signed. Still nothing - loyality department was horrible. Then I used facebook and put names and ID numbers - said what they told me and then someone contacted me - got a better deal before and more discounts - pays to complain on Facebook L(
    Ciel, Lyssia510 and beckie.c like this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

it's summer.. and i have a cold.. why the heck do i have a cold in the summer.. i'm hot.. i'm stuffy, feel like my face is smashed in and my ears hurt, i can't stop coughing no matter what drug i've tried, gone through a whole box of tissues and bag of halls.. it's nearing 3am the i fear the idea of going to sleep because i know it's going to be tossing and turning coughing and ofcourse meds wearing off
    Ciel and beckie.c like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Arrrgggg! The DH is driving me nucking futs!!!! He got home on June 7th, has been drunk for 6 days ( plus 6 days hungover) and y everyday he has been home. Every time I ask him to do something, it's " not now, not today, I don't feel like it......." I am really ready for him to go back to work!
    Ciel, Lyssia510, beckie.c and 1 others like this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Apparently, I must really need an alarm system... since I've had 5 knocks on my door from the exact same company over the last 6 weeks. I stopped answering after the third. NO I DON'T NEED YOUR OVERPRICED ALARM SYSTEM! I've heard,"The lock on your door only keeps out family and friends." "Don't you think the drug problem in this city is getting worse?" "I guarantee you will be calling us before the end of the year to set up a system" and my favorite "Is $50 a month going to take food off your table?" .... If I was going to get a system, I'd research all of my options and find the best company. As far as protecting our stuff, well we only have two things of actual value in our home and they both bark everything else is well loved hand-me-downs.
    Ciel, Decaf, wolfwoman and 1 others like this.

Thread Information