User Tag List

Page 634 of 654 FirstFirst ... 134 534 584 624 632 633 634 635 636 644 ... LastLast
Results 9,496 to 9,510 of 9801
Like Tree37290Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    thanks for the tips I think I will check out additonelle as they have size X,dont care for old navy's pj's as I don't want flannel or cotton and don't really shop Walmart but may look

update got a pair of lord and taylor from the bay on clearance for 8.10 bottoms made with soft thin knit like a soft polyester -nice and cool
    I was going to suggest checking out the cotton floral print pjs at Long Tall Sally as the chain stores are closing in less than a month's time but you mentioned your pj fabric preference. I will say it's hard to find pj sets for women that are not overly plaid or cutesy. Finding a print you like in the fabric you prefer can be a needle in haystack situation.
    Am loving my La Vie en Rose v-neck cotton top and Grand Portage pj bottoms but the inside seams on the pjs have been giving up stitches, so a repair seam task is in order this week. I gained an inch in length by opening the original hems and making very narrow hems instead.
    barbis9 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

My rant is about garbage bags-last week having only about $2.75 in coins, I had to choose between buying the 22l bags for the bathroom ($1.25) or the tall 42.5L bags for the kitchen ($2). I chose the smaller bags and have resorted to deep Food Basic grocery bags for the kitchen container.
    I also used the last large orange plastic leaf bag for the garbage generated by Dad's supplies and to save money, am using an existing box of large clear bags for the second trash can. I simply don't want to be spending money here and there for trash bags as the $1.27 jugs of bleach need frequent buying (using jug 2 for January and I've already bought jug 3) and I'm trying to prioritize what nickel and dime buying gets done.
    barbis9 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by dmessages View Post
    I finished mowing the last piece of my lawn and the part I mowed last week needs doing...
    You're mowing your lawn in January... and you're complaning? This is Canada. I think you have the wrong thread... check out First World Problems.
    barbis9, Ciel and GoJays like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Our local Walmart has decided to implement a " show your sales slip" policy. My thoughts.....nope. Not happening. I purchased the items making them my personal property. The store has me on camera making the purchase. I am not letting some underpaid employee go through my personal property. And they are Greeters, not Searchers. And unless the store has some hard evidence that I am stealing, they have no reason to prevent me from leaving the store, hold my cart etc. End of rant. Sorry
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    Our local Walmart has decided to implement a " show your sales slip" policy. My thoughts.....nope. Not happening. I purchased the items making them my personal property. The store has me on camera making the purchase. I am not letting some underpaid employee go through my personal property. And they are Greeters, not Searchers. And unless the store has some hard evidence that I am stealing, they have no reason to prevent me from leaving the store, hold my cart etc. End of rant. Sorry
    wow
    I would fill out the survey on the receipt. It would be great if you won money for telling them about this new 'policy'
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    Again, not to come to Walmart's defense, but most Walmart stores (if not all) as well as most retailers in general, have signage that say they reserve the right to inspect baggage. There's no distinction whether it means purses, backpacks, shopping bags, etc. And there is no distinction about where or when they do this. As long as you're on their property you can be subject to such a search.

If a store chooses (or is instructed to) do bag inspections post-sale, unfortunately it's their right to do so.

Now all of the above is typically ONLY in response to suspected theft. In order to do to a forced search, they have to detain you and advise you that you were witnessed committing a theft. The NEED to have a witnessed the event of you committing the theft (their team saw you put something in your pocket or bag either on the floor, or via video evidence, etc) and they have to make that clearly stated. However, unless they are detaining you, and enforcing an accusation (which they cant do without proof) then they have no right to prevent you from leaving the store.

However, (and not knowing the layout of this particular store) -- it might be possible to slip an item into the bag post-sale. I've seen people get busted using the self serve checkouts before and I know it's quite possible at the regular checkout as well. Perhaps this particular location has demonstrated as notable loss... but it doesnt give them any right to do so.
    There might also be cases of clerks robbing customers of their items by not bagging them. or maybe it's just a quality control effort to ensure you got everything that you paid for (like Costco does). Maybe they are looking out for YOUR interest, not (just) theirs?
    (the difference here is that Costco's receipt check is part of your membership agreement that you signed. You have no agreement with Walmart)

As well the greeter at Walmart is checking receipts as a matter of practice, not because you are under suspicion not being detained. You CAN refuse to show the receipt and keep walking as you wish. Let them chase you of of the store if that's their prerogative. Their security team CANNOT detain you just because you refused to produce a receipt and have your purchases checked.

All that said however, if they are singling you out (for any reason) and not anyone else, then you might have a good argument for profiling (race, gender, etc).

Here's what I would do. If you make a purchase and they insist on rifling through your bags upon exit, then turn around and go to customer service and refund the entire purchase. There they can check your purchases with the contents of your bag as they are doing the refund. When they ask why, tell them you disagree with the search policy, that you feel it's unnecessary and unwarranted, and that you plan to take your business elsewhere.

Don't do it angrily, but do it "matter of fact" like. Tell them that unless they have a specific reason to search customers bags, they really have no business going through them. Maybe someone will take the time to explain the exercise of this policy AND by showing an objection in this way, perhaps they'll re-think it.
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Wed, Jan 9th, 2019 at 11:23 PM. Reason: accuracy and clarity
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oh dear @wolfwoman you sound exactly like my DH! Our WM started that practice a long time ago and when it first began I was the obedient little one who never even asked why, just showed my receipt because a WM employee asked me to.
    Then weeks later DH and I were together and as we walked out he was asked to show the receipt and replied NOPE and kept walking!

I thought for sure alarm bells were going to go off...I may have mouthed the words " I'm so sorry " to the employee as we left. He feels like you do.....think I'm a thief do ya?
    Anyhow they dropped that whole policy not long after. my guess is they just got too many complaints from good regular customers that were insulted at being asked.

Plus there are the customers that tuck their receipts away in their purses or wallets before they head out and what a PITA that is to now dig the darn thing out again.
    Lets hope your WM ends their checking for receipts soon too!
    abbasgirl, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Kind of pissed off right now. I sliced my finger open on the immersion blended this morning and could not get the bleeding to stop. The cut looks deep to me so I was worried and tried to go to the walk-in.

The receptionist would not even put me on the list to see the doctor. First I was told they were going on lunch and would not start seeing patients again until 1, okay fine I will come back then it changed to 1:30 still fine, I will come back. The I got told their 6 patients in front of me, okay fine whatever I will wait.

Then she asks why I was there (found it funny she didn't ask to start) so I explained I cut my finger and I could not get it to stop bleeding. To which she told me I was wasting my time at a walk-in as they do not do stitches, I said I do not think I need stitches but could the doctor look at my cut and if I need stitches then I will go to the hospital, I would just like it looked at.

I was then told I should have phoned before I came, I said I did try 4 times but no one answered so I decided to just come over. Then she decides to get mad at me and tells me how busy she is and I am not the only one looking to see the doctor. I was not even mad at this point and said I understand, can she just look at my cut.

I was then told I would be wasting everyone time as the doctor would not even let me take the band aid off in case it started to bleed again, then I will re bandage it. Again I explained I just want her to let me know if I need stitches, if I do I will go to the ER but I do not want to waste their time since you constantly hear them asking people not to come if it is not an emergency as they are so over run with patients. To which I was told oh don't worry you will be the bottom of the list and will wait all afternoon to be seen as it is not an emergency it is just a cut.

At this point I was a little upset and I guess you could see it in my face as she said look your the one who wasted your time coming if you had a left a message I would have called her back and told you not to come. Well I was upset now so I pointed out I listened to your whole message and did does not say to leave a message and you cannot leave a message as soon as it finishes saying your hours it clicks and the line goes dead and I again can she just look at my cut. I was then told it is not my fault I do not know how to use a phone and it was time for me to stop wasting her time she was not putting me on the list.

Maybe it was the lack of sleep or the trauma from the cut but at this point I was pretty much in tears and just kind of stunned and stood there for a minute and her final parting shot was, you can leave now.
    barbis9, Ciel, walkonby and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@SassyAshley

OMG, how rude and unprofessional of her!
    Your intentions were right on, you were def in the right.
    Hope you got her name and complain to the clinic manager.

Sure hope you heal quickly!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I've dealt with a lot of choice medical room "professionals" the last few months. And it's been at several different clinics. The last one yelled at me because their wait time was 40 minutes when I arrived yet I was still waiting there 4 hours later, in pain and dared to ask how much longer I would have to wait. Sorry that you didn't check me in when I arrived and I got to the point of moaning out loud because it hurt so much. I don't understand how people like this can work in medical offices. I hope your finger gets better!
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Kind of pissed off right now. I sliced my finger open on the immersion blended this morning and could not get the bleeding to stop. The cut looks deep to me so I was worried and tried to go to the walk-in.

The receptionist would not even put me on the list to see the doctor. First I was told they were going on lunch and would not start seeing patients again until 1, okay fine I will come back then it changed to 1:30 still fine, I will come back. The I got told their 6 patients in front of me, okay fine whatever I will wait.

Then she asks why I was there (found it funny she didn't ask to start) so I explained I cut my finger and I could not get it to stop bleeding. To which she told me I was wasting my time at a walk-in as they do not do stitches, I said I do not think I need stitches but could the doctor look at my cut and if I need stitches then I will go to the hospital, I would just like it looked at.

I was then told I should have phoned before I came, I said I did try 4 times but no one answered so I decided to just come over. Then she decides to get mad at me and tells me how busy she is and I am not the only one looking to see the doctor. I was not even mad at this point and said I understand, can she just look at my cut.

I was then told I would be wasting everyone time as the doctor would not even let me take the band aid off in case it started to bleed again, then I will re bandage it. Again I explained I just want her to let me know if I need stitches, if I do I will go to the ER but I do not want to waste their time since you constantly hear them asking people not to come if it is not an emergency as they are so over run with patients. To which I was told oh don't worry you will be the bottom of the list and will wait all afternoon to be seen as it is not an emergency it is just a cut.

At this point I was a little upset and I guess you could see it in my face as she said look your the one who wasted your time coming if you had a left a message I would have called her back and told you not to come. Well I was upset now so I pointed out I listened to your whole message and did does not say to leave a message and you cannot leave a message as soon as it finishes saying your hours it clicks and the line goes dead and I again can she just look at my cut. I was then told it is not my fault I do not know how to use a phone and it was time for me to stop wasting her time she was not putting me on the list.

Maybe it was the lack of sleep or the trauma from the cut but at this point I was pretty much in tears and just kind of stunned and stood there for a minute and her final parting shot was, you can leave now.
    Last edited by torontogal12; Sun, Jan 20th, 2019 at 09:15 AM.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Few weeks back on the phone settling issues with tv receiver ( Bell ), paid for special channels had not been available for nearly entire month of Dec. Spotty service always.
    No problemo! ( says the CS rep )
    We are sending you a technician and waiving the $75.00 fee. ( oh be still my heart! )
    NOPE!
    Got bill today, $75.00 charge was on it!!!
    Made another call to get it removed.....stay tuned.

Also boxed up, labelled the box with the sticker and arranged a pick up from Purolator to return the old receiver back to them. Totally expecting Bell to " claim " they never got it and try to charge me $500.00, but I have the tracking number etc....so DON'T EVEN!!

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Few weeks back on the phone settling issues with tv receiver ( Bell ), paid for special channels had not been available for nearly entire month of Dec. Spotty service always.
    We are sending you a technician and waiving the $75.00 fee. ( oh be still my heart! )
    NOPE!

Also boxed up, labelled the box with the sticker and arranged a pick up from Purolator to return the old receiver back to them. Totally expecting Bell to " claim " they never got it and try to charge me $500.00, but I have the tracking number etc....so DON'T EVEN!!
    Wow sorry to hear and I don't blame you for being pissed off. I am SO glad I no longer have Bell. I hope you get everything sorted out. Keep us posted.
    Newfiescreech and Ciel like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

When I returned my bell equipment I took a photo of it all on the table, then a photo of it in the box and kept the tracking number. After many problems and hours on the phone I was not taking any chances. Good luck getting things sorted out.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by kmontgom View Post
    When I returned my bell equipment I took a photo of it all on the table, then a photo of it in the box and kept the tracking number. After many problems and hours on the phone I was not taking any chances. Good luck getting things sorted out.
    I returned mine, in person, the the Bell/Aliant store here. Like you, I took a photo of it on their counter, plus I asked for a receipt -- which they were very willing to provide, no objections.

Suffice it to say, I didnt have any issues. But surely hadnt I bothered, I'd be in full argument still, a year later.
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Sat, Feb 2nd, 2019 at 04:46 AM.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I feel your pain but with Rogers, we upgraded our service at work and have yet to achieve what they promised. So there has been a lot of back and forth blaming equipment and other things but not acknowledging the issue. Thursday I went to this office just to be on the phone with the technician (as the last one they physically sent in apparently did not have the equipment to properly test the system) only to sit there for 3 hours and they never called.

Today I emailed to book a time for next week and was told they tried to call back (not sure if they called me or our controller, they were not clear) but said no one answered the phone. They did not call me, grrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    NOPE!

2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Page 634 of 654 FirstFirst ... 134 534 584 624 632 633 634 635 636 644 ... LastLast

Thread Information