User Tag List

Page 14 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree4745Likes

Thread: August Frugal chatter

Trading Score
    0 (57%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Well my dh and ds#1 left on Friday for the moose camp and tomorrow my FIL and my ds#2 will be heading up. DS#2 will be sleeping at the inlaws tonight. Then I will be alone until Thursday pm and believe it or not I'm not looking to it as I am already lonely without dh & ds#1 and of course Chester the puppy. So I guess the next few days will be girls days & nights (me and Charlotte the bulldog). I have been dragging my butt lately....

Have a nice quiet few days!! I'd love to have an evening to myself even! Lol!
    We don't need to be rich, don't need to be famous just to have a good time!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Has anyone seen the MIR forms for the Harvest Crunch Quinoa bars?

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good day, all!

Well, I guess I didn't realize how much my frugal ways were rubbing off on my son - though I suppose I should have...

He's 21. He did some grocery shopping yesterday afternoon, came in the kitchen with the bags, and started apologizing right off the bat... I had to slow him down. He just said he felt so badly that he made a few mistakes, but it was busy and he said his head just wasn't in it!
    (that said, when he goes, I don't overload him with complicated coupons or anything, just so you know...)

Anyway, all he had done was forget to give the FPC for OJ - he offered to go back and try get them to take it, but I said no.
    He also bought two loaves of bread at two different stores. LOL - so we have four loaves of bread, and both hamburger and hotdog buns... will have to carefully meal plan!

However, I never give him flak when things like this happen - I'm just grateful when he does go shopping when I'm unable to! Be assured I let him know it, too!

He did feel better when he told me of his own deal - he needs a car part for his windshield washer mechanism (uh, not sure what, it's little), and the only place a new part could be sourced was in Toronto, but it would cost $50 for shipping, let alone what the part cost.

So he went to the junkyard yesterday afternoon, took apart two cars, got two of those parts - and when he went to pay, the guy just waves him through, said no charge and have a nice holiday! How nice! - they are little parts, but still... sometimes little ones cost the same as big ones!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I found them at Sobey's quite a few weeks ago. Recently I have not seen them anywhere. I found locally they were one day and gone 2 days later, not sure they were taken vs the pad just disappearing as they were not fastened down just kind of thrown on top of a display.

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Has anyone seen the MIR forms for the Harvest Crunch Quinoa bars?

Trading Score
    0 (57%)

Yesterday I found some luck! we needed a new blanket for our dog crate so we ran into goodwill, they had a deal on that was 75% off 'green tags'. We thought sweet!! Just find a green tag blanket and we are set, walking through the store I was able to find 1 lululemon top (looks brand new) marked at $3 green tag, a sweater for dh for camping $3 green tag, Capri jogging pants $2 green tag, shorts for dd $3 * not green tag, but they look brand new. And an NHL comforter (in brand new condition) $8 green tag. We paid $7!! I was super excited!

Our ds asked us if he can have the NHL blanket and give the dogs his spare comforter. We have washed it twice and I'm hanging it out to dry, I will likely Lysol fabric spray it too before I let him use it. But I couldn't say no, he is super into hockey and his spare blanket is a Thomas the tank engine (he is 9, he grew out Thomas years ago). I am debating that that makes me the 'cheap mom' because I am giving him a comforter that I ultimately paid $2 for but I really think it's alright because it's in really good shape and I washed it well.

What do you think? Cheap mommy? Or smart?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by frugal lisa View Post
    yesterday i found some luck! we needed a new blanket for our dog crate so we ran into goodwill, they had a deal on that was 75% off 'green tags'. We thought sweet!! Just find a green tag blanket and we are set, walking through the store i was able to find 1 lululemon top (looks brand new) marked at $3 green tag, a sweater for dh for camping $3 green tag, capri jogging pants $2 green tag, shorts for dd $3 * not green tag, but they look brand new. And an nhl comforter (in brand new condition) $8 green tag. We paid $7!! I was super excited!

Our ds asked us if he can have the nhl blanket and give the dogs his spare comforter. We have washed it twice and i'm hanging it out to dry, i will likely lysol fabric spray it too before i let him use it. But i couldn't say no, he is super into hockey and his spare blanket is a thomas the tank engine (he is 9, he grew out thomas years ago). I am debating that that makes me the 'cheap mom' because i am giving him a comforter that i ultimately paid $2 for but i really think it's alright because it's in really good shape and i washed it well.

smart!!!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugal Lisa View Post
    Yesterday I found some luck! we needed a new blanket for our dog crate so we ran into goodwill, they had a deal on that was 75% off 'green tags'. We thought sweet!! Just find a green tag blanket and we are set, walking through the store I was able to find 1 lululemon top (looks brand new) marked at $3 green tag, a sweater for dh for camping $3 green tag, Capri jogging pants $2 green tag, shorts for dd $3 * not green tag, but they look brand new. And an NHL comforter (in brand new condition) $8 green tag. We paid $7!! I was super excited!

Our ds asked us if he can have the NHL blanket and give the dogs his spare comforter. We have washed it twice and I'm hanging it out to dry, I will likely Lysol fabric spray it too before I let him use it. But I couldn't say no, he is super into hockey and his spare blanket is a Thomas the tank engine (he is 9, he grew out Thomas years ago). I am debating that that makes me the 'cheap mom' because I am giving him a comforter that I ultimately paid $2 for but I really think it's alright because it's in really good shape and I washed it well.

I go for smart mommy, he does not care what it costs, he wants it because he loves it and most likely some older boy grew out of it. We still have the Bob the builders blankets but they never get used as the boys have grown out of them so I totally understand the Thomas blanket and the dog will love it so everybody wins.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cdngal75 View Post
    Sounds like you should ask the kennel about paying the bill if the injury happened on their watch. Kennels have insurance for these things. I hope your dog is better soon.
    If I knew that they were to blame, I would call. The problem is that we brought Pongo straight from the play pen area- he sat the 20 minute drive home on a old white towel - there were no signs of blood. But I noticed the problem about one hour in @ home. He was licking the small wounds. I would hate to point the finger because we live in a reno. DH works hard to keep debris to a minimum, but we have to wear shoes all the time at home. We don't know who is to blame.

On the upside- both my patients are up and playing this morning, so I believe we are over the crappy part.
    ROAK a Huggies or Pampers code to my local pregnancy centre- toys, clothes, food & diapers always needed!

Trading Score
    0 (57%)

Thanks ladies! I was worried I was being cheap!

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

If you son loves it- who cares how much you paid? It is "the thought that counts", right? I would think of it as a big score!! (Pun intended! LOL!)
    ROAK a Huggies or Pampers code to my local pregnancy centre- toys, clothes, food & diapers always needed!

Trading Score
    0 (57%)

Quote Originally Posted by matty's mom View Post
    If you son loves it- who cares how much you paid? It is "the thought that counts", right? I would think of it as a big score!! (Pun intended! LOL!)

Trust me, I was doing a happy dance walking out of the store! but I felt a little bad getting him a used blanket. But I feel much better now about it!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Super smart mommy! I purchased my daughter a beautiful quilt off kijiji. I washed it and dried it with high heat and it was perfect. I also bought a quilt for myself that way. It was one I had longed to have(Country Sampler magazine) but could never justify the $280(U.S) price tag(plus shipping). I got it for $50. Yay!

You got some great deals. Gotta love 75% off days.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

[QUOTE=matty's mom;5574250]If I knew that they were to blame, I would call. The problem is that we brought Pongo straight from the play pen area- he sat the 20 minute drive home on a old white towel - there were no signs of blood. But I noticed the problem about one hour in @ home. He was licking the small wounds. I would hate to point the finger because we live in a reno. DH works hard to keep debris to a minimum, but we have to wear shoes all the time at home. We don't know who is to blame.

On the upside- both my patients are up and playing this morning, so I believe we are over the crappy part.[/QU
    Well, I hope he is better really soon. Glad everyone is on the mend.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Back to work today. Tonight I hope to make a quick dinner and start purging the laundry room so I get in there and organize it! Tired of the mess in there.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Groceries, doing ok I think. Stocked up on Coffee beans so shouldn't have to buy any for a long time but got a great deal, Reg $14.97-16.97 a bag on for $9.97 (cashier rang in for $8.97?) and used 5 x $5 coupon from Kellogg's promo. Happy Shopped the sales and also bought 4 packages of cheese slices on for $2 less save $1.50 wub 2 so that should do us till the end of the year I hope (kids like the slices on burgers and grilled cheese) Other then that just bought sale items to add to our meals the next while.

Page 14 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information