User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Men with big feet don't have a social life!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well, of course we do, but it seems that shoe retailers don't think so. I wear a size 14 shoe. If I shop in the U.S. I have no trouble finding a reasonable selection at virtually any outlet. Here in Canada, finding any shoes anywhere at size 14 is a near impossibility. (Clearly American men have bigger feet than Canadian men). What baffles me is it is not the least unusual to go into a Canadian retailer and see work boots as large as size 16, but in the same store absolutely no normal shoes bigger than a 12 or an occasional 13. Clearly we large footed males in Canada go out to work, hence the work boots, but we have no social lives outside of work, hence no large shoes on offer. Go figure.

By the way, I purchase almost all my shoes on line and almost always from a U.S. company who usually work hard to earn and keep my patronage.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

My son in law is 6'4 and has the same problem..there is a local store but generally it costs him $200 to get shoes... recently a clearance shoe store opened here and they have a large supply of large sizes at great prices.
    Angela273, Shwa Girl and vesper like this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    100 (99%)

Haha I feel your pain. I have been trying desperately to find my boyfriend a pair of shoes that aren't work boots or running shoes for years. No luck yet! He is 14W also.
    Angela273, walkonby and vesper like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I have the opposite problem, I wear lady size 5 and it's really tough finding smaller size shoes.
    vesper likes this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

My son has the same problems . In high school, I had a heck of a time finding him shoes. He wore a size 14 then and try to find runners for the boy was HARD!!
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So true! I really wish it was easier to find the large sizes...and wide sizes, as well. Sears is the only place I have found, but I don't really like to shop at Sears because of the ship-to-store surcharge when you buy on-line. Feel your pain, Buddyboy!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm 13 and I find Marks always has quality shoes that fit me.
    Natalka, Angela273 and i_forget like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My brother is a size 13, and he finds that stores sell them, but they are gone really quickly.

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

I am almost 6'6" and luckily size 12, my older brother is shorther and size 15-16, he has a difficult time finding shoes
    Angela273 and Shwa Girl like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Once in awhile Winners will have larger mens' sizes have seen 13 and 14 there but very limited selection. must be difficult for socks too.
    Patty Smyth likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

wow! my sons would LOVE this thread, yes we are not alone in the suffering dept of trying to snag the few ( if any ) pairs of the elusive size 15's and 14's. Also for ladies out there, it is worse trying to get dressy heels in a size 11, except if you happen to be at Payless when they have the one pair on the shelf. lol
    Natalka, Shwa Girl and wolfwoman like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

OP, I see you are in NS. I checked The Shoe Company/Shoe Warehouse and they had about 21 men's dress shoes in size 14, free shipping over $70 (they use UPS for NS), and Air Miles. There were 4 Kenneth Cole styles, if you like that brand.

http://www.theshoecompany.com/Categorie
    s/55-Mens-Dress-Shoes.aspx/1/80000000%5E56%2c%231D%5E14

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    OP, I see you are in NS. I checked The Shoe Company/Shoe Warehouse and they had about 21 men's dress shoes in size 14, free shipping over $70 (they use UPS for NS), and Air Miles. There were 4 Kenneth Cole styles, if you like that brand.

http://www.theshoecompany.com/Categorie
    s/55-Mens-Dress-Shoes.aspx/1/80000000%5E56%2c%231D%5E14
    Thanks for the store pointer, Shwa Girl. It looks to be a good source.

I used to shop for shoes at WalMart when they had all the shoes on display by size. I went to the 14+ area and there were always about a dozen on offer. About four years ago they changed to displaying shoes by style. In order to see if they had any in my size 14 I now have to search through all their displays, squinting at the tiny printed sizes on the boxes. Of course, I don't bother. I now look elsewhere.

Which is another annoyance to me. Why do most shoe companies print their sizes in such a small font on the shoe boxes. It's a strain to see them close up let alone across shelves at all levels. Then the stores place common (smaller) sizes at eye level. Would you believe they place the larger sizes close to the floor most times, meaning eyes at my level (6'5") have to crawl down to see what sizes are there, or not there. Does anyone with brains ever think these things through?
    Natalka and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Buddyboy546 View Post
    Thanks for the store pointer, Shwa Girl. It looks to be a good source.

Then the stores place common (smaller) sizes at eye level. Would you believe they place the larger sizes close to the floor most times, meaning eyes at my level (6'5") have to crawl down to see what sizes are there, or not there. Does anyone with brains ever think these things through?
    Glad my suggestion was a bit helpful. Maybe they will have a sale in a while and you can get some deals.

About Wally's way of displaying shoes -- I hear ya. At Winners, their clearance shoes are on the bottom shelf and I always have to be on the floor of Winners to look at the sizes and prices (prices are hard for them to do too, with the clearance red stickers). And I am not 6'5" -- so guess they get us whether we are very tall or not. Haha.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

My DH is 6'5, wears a 12-13 in shoes, they are hard to find. Sometimes in the Sears Bargain Basement they have sneakers up to 15. Pants, he has to go to Mark's Work Wearhouse to get a 36 leg. I have a similar problem, my feet are size 11, nearly impossible to find in a womens shoe. Fortunately I'm able to wear sneakers at work, I buy mine in the mens department.

Our DS is headed in the same direction. He's seven, and is wearing a size 8 mens shoe.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information