User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: Discounts for seniors.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Last edited by HermanH; Fri, Oct 29th, 2021 at 02:00 AM.
    crafter and Ciel21 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Update on A&W discount
    A&W restaurants are independently owned and operated, as a result some marketing and promotional deals are at their discretion. As A&W does not have a national seniors’ discount policy, it would be best to check with your favourite location about their discount options.
    Ciel21 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Updated on list
    Medical Cannabis or CBD (many offer discounts with carp or proof of CPP) here's an example of one

Spectrum health therapeutics- 60+ or compassionate pricing -20 % discount with CPP tax slip or annual compassionate pricing with CPP/ODSP or tax notice
    Ciel21 likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Mastermind the toy store has grandparents day first tuesday of every month 20% off regular price items plus free wrapping also (no age requirement only have to be a grandparent)
    walkonby, crafter, HermanH and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Never knew about Canadian Tire's senior discount or Giant Tiger's first Monday (except through some posts on this forum) discount. I glanced at the right side of the link-buy a new car by year's end and enter to win $5000. I have a friend who would love a new car but there's no budget for buying one.

Greyhound Canada-gone as of May 2021 after a really bad year.

Shoppers Drug Mart/Loblaws banner stores-I knew about their first hour for seniors due to COVID from last year but the 20% discount for seniors and customers needing assistance that first hour seems new to me. Wowsers-that's a deal if it's not tied to PC Optimum.

Anyone with CARP membership (through Zoomer Magazine) likely has some additional discounts.
    https://www.carp.ca/benefits-a-z/

Hmmm. Two months free rent at a Revera retirement residence when you move to one.
    10% off pre-need arrangements at Dignity Memorial. Did not know about this perk.
    crafter likes this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

https://www.petvalu.com/ca/your-rewards-terms
    he last Thursday of every month is Seniors’ Day. Save 10% on regular priced merchandise. Discounts apply to regular priced merchandise on Seniors’ Day only. Must be at least 60 years of age and be a valid Your Rewards / VIP Plus member to qualify for the discount. Excludes sale items, adoption fees, gift cards, grooming services and license fees. Not combinable with other offers. Pet Valu Canada Inc., doing business as Pet Valu, Bosley’s, Paulmac’s, Tisol and Total Pet, reserves the right to change the date of Seniors’ Day, or discontinue without notice.

PETSMART
    https://services.petsmart.ca/content/monthly-services-offers-canada
    Grooming 65+
    senior & Armed Forces Discount - save 10% at the Grooming Salon on Tuesdays Only

Senior & Armed Forces members receive a 10% discount at the Grooming Salon on Tuesdays only. (Check with a salon associate for details.)
    book now >
    Program is available to all active, retired or former members of the Canadian Armed Forces. Offer valid for 65+ with identification for age verification required. Must show government-issued identification or DD214 Form to verify current or prior military service to a services associate. Subject to availability. Valid day(s) may vary by store. Most stores are Tuesdays while some are Wednesdays only if the salon is closed on Tuesdays. Please call your salon to check availability. Pet age, health & vaccination requirements apply. Discount does not apply to merchandise.

PETSHOTEL 65+
    PETSHOTEL

Senior, Armed Forces & First Responders Discount - save 10% on any overnight stay

In honour of first responders, Armed Forces members & Senior Citizens, we offer a 10% discount on any overnight stay at PetsHotel. See an associate for more details.
    PetsHotel offers:

• 24/7 care & on-call vet
    • Safety-certified Hotel Hosts
    • Full-service amenities

book now >
    Offer valid for 65+ with identification for age verification required to receive a discount coupon. All Canadian Armed Forces members must show government-issued identification to verify service to a Services associate to receive a discount coupon. Eligible personnel include state & local first responders who are active, retired or volunteer, including: Firefighters, Emergency Medical Technicians (EMT) & Emergency Medical Services (EMS) & Law enforcement including State Troopers, Sheriffs, Sheriff's Deputies & Local Police. Not eligible: Federal-level law enforcement personnel (e.g., Border Patrol Agents, CIA, DEA, FEMA, FBI, NSA, etc.). Must provide validation of First Responder status to receive discount. Only one discount per stay. Subject to availability. Pet age, health & vaccination requirements apply. Discount does not apply to merchandise. Excludes all add-ons, Doggie Day Camp and PetsHotel Bundle Packages.

Ciel21 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Global Pet Foods Age 60+
    https://globalpetfoods.com/seniors-day/
    Refer to link to ensure your store offers the discount
    details
    Seniors’ Day is the last Tuesday of every month at participating Global Pet Foods stores.
    You can save 15% on your purchase in-store!*
    *Certain Restrictions apply:

1. Must be 60 years of age or over (proof of ID may be required)
    2. Must be present in-store at time of purchase
    3. Limit of one (1) bag, box, or case of cans of pet food per month
    4. Restrictions on Raw Food may apply
    5. Must be a valid rewards card holder
    6. Cannot be combined with any other offer, coupon, or promotion
    7. Valid at participating stores only
    8. Valid on in-store purchases only
    Ciel21 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    Thanks, I had no idea that Giant Tiger offers a seniors day for 60+ it says first Monday of the month

https://www.gianttiger.com/frequently-asked-questions

Most of our Giant Tiger store locations participate in senior discount events for our 60+ customers. If you are inquiring about a specific store, we highly recommend contacting the Store Management team of your closest Giant Tiger for details. These events are different store to store and are run solely by the Managing/Operating team at that specific store. This allows the store to tailor their event to their community.
    HermanH and Ciel21 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Denny's Canada Ages 55+
    15% off every Thursday between 2 pm and 10 pm
    https://www.dennys.ca/promotions/55-appreciation/
    HermanH and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Denny's offer is for Dine-In only. I'd highly recommend those persons wishing to use the offer to call their location ahead of time to make sure the offer is still valid during this "need a vaccine passport to dine-in" time.

Thanks @crafter for posting the fine print about Giant Tiger's local store discretionary choice about timing of their senior's event day. Worth ask about for Mom and her friends. One of my friends will be eligible for the discount soon as well.
    crafter likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Check with your municipality's transit agency to see if they offer any senior's fare or passes.

Hamilton-PRESTO senior's fare on card is $2.10. Seniors 80+ yrs old (Hamilton residents) qualify for free bus passes good for the year on their PRESTO cards. If anyone has a support person assisting them on the buses, the support person can ride free with HSR id card.
    https://www.hamilton.ca/hsr-bus-sche...-and-photo-ids

Burlington-PRESTO senior's bus pass for weekday, non-rush hour use only for free. Must present PRESTO card at John St. Terminal and must not have any other senior's pass loaded on the card. Hamilton residents can apply for it too-must bring in PRESTO card.
    https://www.burlingtontransit.ca/en/fares/Fares.aspx

I mention Burlington Transit because Mom & I were on their buses during the time of free bus use and I hadn't realized one needed a PRESTO pass loaded onto senior's card for free ride. Just thought one boarded without passes, like a couple I once saw boarding without any fare or cards.
    Linda Evans likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    Denny's offer is for Dine-In only. I'd highly recommend those persons wishing to use the offer to call their location ahead of time to make sure the offer is still valid during this "need a vaccine passport to dine-in" time.

Thanks @crafter for posting the fine print about Giant Tiger's local store discretionary choice about timing of their senior's event day. Worth ask about for Mom and her friends. One of my friends will be eligible for the discount soon as well.
    I called my local Giant Tiger and it's the first Monday of every month (i.e. tomorrow) 10 percent of most merchandise EXCEPT groceries. They mentioned that they offer 20 percent off some items as well.
    Works out well for me, I love their black leggings for 12 bucks reg price.
    Happy Savings. %
    Ciel21 and budgetnewb like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for the details about Giant Tiger's senior's discount program, @crafter ! If I can remember in January about any clothing needs, I could ask my friend to score any clothing deals for me (and provide the funds for said discount shopping event). January 3 is the first Monday in the New Year.

Not senior-specific, but Giant Tiger offers 3 cents back for using reusable bags customers bring for staff to fill? I need to print off this page.
    https://www.gianttiger.ca/how-to-save-more

I have not heard of such a program outside of the PC bag refund for PC Mastercard holders and maybe one other store chain.
    crafter likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Random discovery!

Rooms + Spaces has a Senior's Day event on Jan. 31. Save 10% off with the following brand exclusions:
    [QUOTE]WednesdayJan 31
    Seniors Day
    Today only, SAVE 10% on your entire purchase* in-store – for birthday gifts, belated holiday celebrations, or just because!
    *Valid in-store on regular priced and sale items. Excludes items with 94 or 8 cent endings, Fujifilm; Bugaboo; Peg-Perego; Thule; Nuna; Halo; Baby Jogger; Maxi-Cosi; Diono; Britax; BOB; Cybex; GB Pockit; Clek; Medela Breast Pumps; Owlet; gift cards; pre-paid cards; pre-orders and special orders. Offer not applicable on previous purchases. Discount applied at checkout. Toys"R"Us reserves the right to cancel this promotion at any time. In compliance with government regulations, tax(es) applicable on price after coupon savings. Offer valid January 31, 2024.[/QUOTE]

See store list:https://www.roomsandspaces.ca/en/rns...ns-stores.html

I don't know what is considered the min. age to qualify as a senior at this store...so I just signed up for emails...
    Err, I recognize a lot of Baby Brand names, so this event is for TOYS R US?
    HermanH likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    Check with your municipality's transit agency to see if they offer any senior's fare or passes.

Hamilton-PRESTO senior's fare on card is $2.10. Seniors 80+ yrs old (Hamilton residents) qualify for free bus passes good for the year on their PRESTO cards. If anyone has a support person assisting them on the buses, the support person can ride free with HSR id card.
    https://www.hamilton.ca/hsr-bus-sche...-and-photo-ids

Burlington-PRESTO senior's bus pass for weekday, non-rush hour use only for free. Must present PRESTO card at John St. Terminal and must not have any other senior's pass loaded on the card. Hamilton residents can apply for it too-must bring in PRESTO card.
    https://www.burlingtontransit.ca/en/fares/Fares.aspx

I mention Burlington Transit because Mom & I were on their buses during the time of free bus use and I hadn't realized one needed a PRESTO pass loaded onto senior's card for free ride. Just thought one boarded without passes, like a couple I once saw boarding without any fare or cards.
    is it age 65 for seniors fare? & HOW would i change my reg. presto card to seniors? (wont be 65 till april)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information