User Tag List

Page 57 of 82 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 ... LastLast
Like Tree6510Likes

Thread: October Frugal Chatter - Harvest the Savings

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    going to the show date with hubby -to see captain phillip's -free I have2- icoke pass from last year -yippee we are first going to pizzapizza to eat pizza before-I need this have been doing a lot of family thinking lately concerning my sibling(brother)
    have fun and it's great that you and dh still make time for dates, families can be trying at times, chin up my friend
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Last week I finnally bought a kitchenaid mixer and I think I am in love. So far i have made chocolate chip cookies, pancakes and now DH is trying his hand at bread. I think it will turn out to be a wise investment.
    I got one a couple months ago and I still haven't used it (blush) it looks beautiful on the counter (apple green) but it was an impulse purchase which I rarely do, I need to fill out the papers for the mail in rebate, what color did you get And let me know how the bread turns our and which recipe you used in the book.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

[QUOTE=saundyl;5682384]Do you ever print off the pedigree coupons from smart source - the buy 2 get one free or buy three get one free?

thanks for the reminder I do not go on smartsource.ca often so I forgot about that one, thanks - I will print before heading out this week to purchase the dog food, yippe B2G1

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Inquiring Minds - when will you start your Christmas Decorating? Will it be earlier than last year or the same?

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

oh jas.. really.. you have to try out your mixer.. seriously once you use it you'll fall in love.
    i made mashed potatoes in it.. a 10lb bag.. wow.. that sucker is amazing..
    mine is Pearl grey.. so 'Pearl' now sits on my counter just waiting to be used again.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I got one a couple months ago and I still haven't used it (blush) it looks beautiful on the counter (apple green) but it was an impulse purchase which I rarely do, I need to fill out the papers for the mail in rebate, what color did you get And let me know how the bread turns our and which recipe you used in the book.
    DH used the basic while bread and did the modification to do 60minute rolls and thy turned out really well. I bought black as that was the only colour choice on a Bay 1 day sale, but I love black so it works for me. I did not get a rebate offer but after E-bates and the Bay sale it was 162.00 before tax, regular 400.00.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    oh jas.. really.. you have to try out your mixer.. seriously once you use it you'll fall in love.
    mine is Pearl grey.. so 'Pearl' now sits on my counter just waiting to be used again.
    OMG. That is genius. What attachment does this
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    I got an outlined statement with the amount of accumulated each day. I've told them I need an itemized list telling me what item was charged. That's how I know it's missing a credit and the fee payments. We went through our bank statements/credit card statements. One fee is there, we think. The amount doesn't match, so it might be for a different tournament that isn't on the tab. The problem being we use cash for a lot of things. It's how we keep our misc spending under control. In the many, many years he's been playing there it has never, ever been an issue. So we got complacant and don't keep as good track of the receipts as we should. (And I don't keep the little receipts for income tax as his registration fees alone exceed the $500 activity fee limit) I mentioned in my last email to them that I am disturbed they allowed it to go on for 11mths. This would have been a lot easier to deal with back in April or May. But that's neither here nor there. I just feel like we are being kicked while we are down!

I totally agree about the fundraising. It was a spur of the moment decision-they decided on Tuesday to go on Thursday. The tournament is in a small town in the NWT, so they rented a greyhound type bus (and then have to pay for the driver to stay in a hotel for the weekend, then drive them back, ect....). The bus is shared with like 4 other teams I think. A $100 for food should be enough as breakfasts and 2 dinners are covered. And I sent him with a lunch on Thursday, so he'd only need dinner on Thursday, lunch friday-sunday, and any extra snacks he may need. I fully expect him to come home with money, but I'd rather him have too much then not enough.
    My opinion is if they let accumulate for 11 months without letting you know your balance, they can wait another 11 months for you to pay it off slowly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    I sheepishly have to say LO's stroller. She can carry over 10 kg under there....

My parents use an old wire shopping cart on wheels. It's not pretty, it's not fancy, it's probably as old as I am, but it does the job.
    This is what I've been doing as well but have only been walking on the days I just need to grab a few things. Still drive for bigger shopping trips so I'm not much help

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

We bought one 2 years ago on Boxing Day when Zellers had their 50% off any item coupon that was chaos.

Price matches for $159.99 plus coupon so spent under $100. We had to get the white one though which is fine since we don't have any counter room anyways to keep it on the counter.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Inquiring Minds - when will you start your Christmas Decorating? Will it be earlier than last year or the same?
    Usually the end of November whenever we have a free weekend. Might be a bit earlier this year as I'm home on mat leave and can do it anytime. I've always waited until after Rememberence Day.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Originally Posted by MrsSunshine

OMG. That is genius. What attachment does this

Lilo.. after you shave all your potatoes, make sure they are about palm sized 'whole', cook them as is ..
    THEN put them in the bowl of your mixer, add the flat attachment.. the one with the irregular cut outs.. you know which one..
    use that to break up the taters, THEN use the whisk.. add your milk, butter etc bits as you whisk.. watch the magic happen.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    holy moly 10 pounds of potatoes, I know it can take 10 cups of flour but I guess I never even thought amount a large quantity of veggies, now you got me thinking MrsSunshine. Do you make bread dough in it, and if so which recipe do you use and is it light and fluffy, we don't like dense/heavy bread. PS I love the name Pearl.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    DH used the basic while bread and did the modification to do 60minute rolls and thy turned out really well. I bought black as that was the only colour choice on a Bay 1 day sale, but I love black so it works for me. I did not get a rebate offer but after E-bates and the Bay sale it was 162.00 before tax, regular 400.00.
    Wow that's a fabulous price, I think I seen someone posted that somewhere on SC last week or the week before, can't go wrong with the price. Were the rolls like and fluffy?

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MaddensMomma View Post
    We bought one 2 years ago on Boxing Day when Zellers had their 50% off any item coupon that was chaos.

Price matches for $159.99 plus coupon so spent under $100. We had to get the white one though which is fine since we don't have any counter room anyways to keep it on the counter.

wow talk about rock bottom price, great deal. Have you made the bread with it?

Page 57 of 82 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 ... LastLast

Thread Information