Page 72 of 82 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1219
Like Tree6510Likes

Thread: October Frugal Chatter - Harvest the Savings

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Lovely picture!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseythegoalie View Post
    Happy Friday all! Looking through flyers to compile my grocery list. Our amount is considerably less than usual ($180 instead of $300) this two weeks but I'm sure I can make do. We have a lot in the pantry, just need stuff to go with. I made a chili the other evening and froze half so that will be nice to pull out in the near future. Ds and I went to his farm trip yesterday. I won't lie. It was hard. I hope that he got some enjoyment out of it-several meltdowns,etc. He seemed to really like the wagon ride. Here is a picture. I will take it down later.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Back from my final work travel trip until the new year. Racked up some overtime too. I think I get double time for part of the Saturday too. Unfortunately, the gov will take a nice chunk out of that overtime from my paycheck! Hopefully it'll give us some breathing room.

Got a great scop today at Independent grocer. Huge pack of diapers was on for $28.14. Used a $2.50 coupon I had. But they rang up $29 something. So I got a huge pack for $17. Regular $45.97!
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    Back from my final work travel trip until the new year. Racked up some overtime too. I think I get double time for part of the Saturday too. Unfortunately, the gov will take a nice chunk out of that overtime from my paycheck! Hopefully it'll give us some breathing room.

Got a great scop today at Independent grocer. Huge pack of diapers was on for $28.14. Used a $2.50 coupon I had. But they rang up $29 something. So I got a huge pack for $17. Regular $45.97!
    Gotta love the government. My husband loses 40% to tax on his overtime pay. My employer on the other hand absolutely does not allow anyone to rack up overtime. Hope you are able to have some breathing room. I am feeling the pinch lately too. Over $300 on shoes, boots and coats yesterday(this year I swear I am shopping end of season for next winter). My brakes need to be replaced, although they are the original brakes so they lasted 55K kilometers which is really good. Lastly, my employer keeps cutting hours. I am a relief staff, so I don't work a ton as is, but hours are getting fewer and fewer(thanks to cutbacks by the Ontario Liberals). Still, I am blessed and it could always be worse.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Monday everyone! Hope you had a nice weekend. The Halloween party at my sisters was a good time but up way too late. Got to be about 3 am! Way too late for me (last guest left at 2ish but the kitchen sink was clogged so we were helping fix it lol) DS's hockey team won both games on the weekend
    We had date night last night since we didn't feel like wine on Sat lol Had a nice bbq'd chicken with a nice sauce, sautéed veggies with potatoes (fried up- the leftovers from making potato skins for Friday night)
    And too much wine!)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Meal Plan for the week:
    Tonight: Home made bbq'd burgers with fried up potatos/fries (using leftovers from Friday's potato skins and pulled beef from the freezer)
    Tuesday: Crockpot chicken with fries, corn and sautéed asparagus (found a whole chicken in sauce for less then $2 LB at Superstore on Sat! (was reg $14 something and had reduced sticker for $4 something)
    Just need to pick up asparagus (on for $1.99 LB as SS)
    Wed: Steak with leftover fries, veggies from Tuesday night. Will make ceaser salad too.
    Thursday: tacos (have taco meat ready cooked in the freezer) and all other supplys on hand

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I checked out the fliers yesterday. Plan on getting a 10lb bag of basmati rice & 10lb bag of red onions from NF.
    Is this brand "Adora" basmati rice good?
    Would like to try it.
    avoncallingu likes this.

Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Congratulations on your pre approval. House hunting is so much fun, I hope you find something you love!!
    Haven't been on too much lately, my son turns 16 this week and will be driving, so for the first time in 33 years I have no one to taxi!! I feel almost giddy about it, my kids did so many competitive sports and other activities that I have lived in my vehicle.He is done with competitive sports so I don't even have to go watch anything..(although I still go watch my adult daughter play indoor soccer on Friday evenings). So I bought myself my first new vehicle,(my very well used old one will go to my son) figured with no kids to spill and abuse it was a great time.I actually took home a Hummer H3 for a couple of weeks to try(second hand and our friend has a dealership) and after testing it out I loved it but not very practical so I bought a beautiful ford explorer,I sat in it for 3 hours today figuring out all the electronic in and outs!!I work 4 days a week for my husband so I decided to take a part time evening job in a little local bakery just to do something for myself .I love baking and meeting new people, I am afraid my family will be in shock when they come home on Monday for supper and they will have something in the slow cooker with instructions on clean up!! Forecast for tomorrow is rain and then 10 centimeters of snow, I guess winter has arrived.
    Wonderful! You are doing something for you that you love.
    Congrats on your new vehicle and enjoy your new job .

Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    don't you worry Nat.. you'll adjust.. thats pretty much what we've lived in for the last 15 years.. someday.. we'll downsize too.. although i think dh would rather upsize.. ya right..
    hope your move goes smoothly..
    thriftgranny.. both my sons have their licenses but no driving yet alone.. my oldest failed his test 3 times.. i don't think either are ready yet.. my dh lets them drive i dont..
    but heh you enjoy that new car.. my word thats a real treat..!!

coupongirl.. loving that your getting some snuggle time with that new baby girl.. enjoy!

I for one.. am tired but elated... we went to our families fundraiser last night. best way to describe it..
    'Oh what a night'.. wow.. awesome.. so much fun, so much $ raised, fantastic food. nearly my entire family was there.. it was incredible.
    sadly after my dear mom gave dh and i a ride to another bar (to meet up with your boys) my ear ache began to intensify. i think i was sitting under the fan/air conditioning system at the party.. i ended up having dh walk me home.
    i think i got about 7 hours sleep.. i feel better.
    anyway.. I didn't spend nearly as much as i thought i would, even bought a shirt, and bracelet. all the draws were entered. I won one prize ( my sister donated it for the draws from SDM).. so cool.
    i did well.. and still have money leftover to put towards other things.
    I also found out my Dad's surgery is next Monday. holy crap. its right down the road instead of across town.. which means i don't have to pay $$ for parking.. i can bus it..
    just please say a few prayers all goes well.. i'll update later on this.

still have to get to store.. only a few things needed. anyway. thats my update.
    Will keep your Dad, you and your family in my prayers....
    Praying that all will go well with his surgery and wishing him a speedy recovery.

Scottishgal
    Trading Score
    480 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Meal Plan for the week:
    Tonight: Home made bbq'd burgers with fried up potatos/fries (using leftovers from Friday's potato skins and pulled beef from the freezer)
    Tuesday: Crockpot chicken with fries, corn and sautéed asparagus (found a whole chicken in sauce for less then $2 LB at Superstore on Sat! (was reg $14 something and had reduced sticker for $4 something)
    Just need to pick up asparagus (on for $1.99 LB as SS)
    Wed: Steak with leftover fries, veggies from Tuesday night. Will make ceaser salad too.
    Thursday: tacos (have taco meat ready cooked in the freezer) and all other supplys on hand
    Good Monday Morning Reading your post inspired me to giddy up and try planning out my meals for the week. LOL. Such a great idea. Had planned on cleaning out the freezer today so will see what I come up with. So easy to look at the menu for the week and just cook. Used to do this all the time using sale items for the week, freezer items,etc. and it made the week sooooo easy. Just lazin ( if thats a word lately so think I'd better smarten up. Have a great day everyone

Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Hi All,
    Did some shopping on the weekend, had lot of stocking up to do.
    Still need to go to Freshco. Hopefully today, if not then tomorrow.
    Lots of laundry to be done. And currently making my meal plan for the week.
    Happy Monday, here's hoping everyone will have a great week.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottishgal View Post
    Good Monday Morning Reading your post inspired me to giddy up and try planning out my meals for the week. LOL. Such a great idea. Had planned on cleaning out the freezer today so will see what I come up with. So easy to look at the menu for the week and just cook. Used to do this all the time using sale items for the week, freezer items,etc. and it made the week sooooo easy. Just lazin ( if thats a word lately so think I'd better smarten up. Have a great day everyone

Good! I like to know what I have/need and try and prep what I can ahead of time. Won't be spending much $ at all this week since we have most stuff already (except fresh stuff) Good way to end the month.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by LuvToUseCoupons View Post
    Is this brand "Adora" basmati rice good?
    Would like to try it.
    How much are they?? And I was going to buy the NOOR basmati rice that is on for $5.88 at FB. Is that Adora brand better?
    avoncallingu likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

We leave Friday morning for a 3 day hockey tournament 3 and 1/2 hours away. I'm bringing a cooler and we will eat breakfast for sure from stuff brought from home and lunches too (at least I will for sure, will not make DS miss out if team mates are buying stuff etc.) Dinner out with the group each night is ok with me
    So I plan to boil and fry up some eggs and cook some turkey bacon. Bringing my toaster so I can make egg mcmuffins for breakfast. And lunch platter or egg salad sandwich for lunch. (or turkey bacon with lettuce and tomato on rye ) Yogurt, apples etc for snacks. Tons of bottled water and gaterade for DS (and he can take some Halloween treats) so he won't bug me for vending machine junk. I think I have it planned ok!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

We leave Friday morning for a 3 day hockey tournament 3 and 1/2 hours away. I'm bringing a cooler and we will eat breakfast for sure from stuff brought from home and lunches too (at least I will for sure, will not make DS miss out if team mates are buying stuff etc.) Dinner out with the group each night is ok with me
    So I plan to boil and fry up some eggs and cook some turkey bacon. Bringing my toaster so I can make egg mcmuffins for breakfast. And lunch platter or egg salad sandwich for lunch. (or turkey bacon with lettuce and tomato on rye ) Yogurt, apples etc for snacks. Tons of bottled water and gaterade for DS (and he can take some Halloween treats) so he won't bug me for vending machine junk. I think I have it planned ok!
    Great planning, away tournaments can get so expensive if you try to keep up. My son is a Lacrosse player and in the summer the arenas become like a sauna. We always packed a case of gatorade for a weekend and were amazed at the number of parents that would buy through a vending machine. We had a great team this past summer and we would do a potluck for all the dinners. Great for the team and my wallet.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    311 (100%)

How much are they?? And I was going to buy the NOOR basmati rice that is on for $5.88 at FB. Is that Adora brand better?
    It is in the NF flyer for $7.97 for 10lbs.
    I have never tried this brand, that's why I was asking her if it's a good brand.
    I was thinking of getting the Daawat brand from Freshco 9lbs for $6.97. When I go today, I heard that it's an OK brand.

Page 72 of 82 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 ... LastLast

Thread Information