User Tag List

Page 70 of 82 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1219
Like Tree6510Likes

Thread: October Frugal Chatter - Harvest the Savings

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Been such a lazy day here it's so cold outside, not going anywhere. Got chicken fingers & fries in the oven for a cheap and quick lazy dinner. Going to make an effort tomorrow to run to FreshCo. and hope they still have the cheap .75 lunchables, run into wm quickly for a few odds and ends (my ds loves their no name salsa), bread and Dr. Oetker pizzas I hope but that will be it, nothing else really needed and the sale/flyers are not great in my opinion this week. Chat later ladies, have a nice quiet evening and stay warm.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I checked out the fliers yesterday. Plan on getting a 10lb bag of basmati rice & 10lb bag of red onions from NF. CO-OP has a Halloween thing for kids tomorrow, so plan on checking it out with LO. He'll wear his costume, enter their colouring contest & get some treats. I'll pick up a few sale items while we are there.

We are on our way home from a meeting right now. Contributed $10 for the light lunch that was provided. We ended up getting sent home with the leftovers: 12+ dinner buns, 3 pieces if KFC chicken, coleslaw & potato salad. I think we made out pretty good.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Been such a lazy day here it's so cold outside, not going anywhere. Got chicken fingers & fries in the oven for a cheap and quick lazy dinner. Going to make an effort tomorrow to run to FreshCo. and hope they still have the cheap .75 lunchables, run into wm quickly for a few odds and ends (my ds loves their no name salsa), bread and Dr. Oetker pizzas I hope but that will be it, nothing else really needed and the sale/flyers are not great in my opinion this week. Chat later ladies, have a nice quiet evening and stay warm.
    Sunny here with laundry on the line lol....now watch it snow tomorrow because I said this

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well hubby wasn't feeling well-so off to see my grandbaby and get my fix -stayed from 1 til 4.00-of course I did 2 loads of laundry for them too-she is so growing -I cant wait til they have a wedding nov9 I think-I get to mind her -my daughter=in-laws parents are going to a concert -oh well we are available
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sun, Oct 27th, 2013 at 08:09 AM.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Hi ladies! Nice to read all your updates. Know I think about you often and wish you well. October goals have kept me busy. Was preapproved for a mortgage, more than I can afford of course. Met with a realtor too. Things are on the go!!! Was really excited when the realtor felt no upgrades were needed to sell the home, just touch ups! This is a huge financial gain. Still trying to be creative with how to do a debt free move, but we are moving in the right direction and I am excited to begin looking at homes (within our actual affordability range)!
    Last edited by Granger; Sat, Oct 26th, 2013 at 07:16 PM.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    Hi ladies! Nice to read all your updates. Know I think about you often and wish you well. October goals have kept me busy. Was preapproved for a mortgage, more than I can afford of course. Met with a realtor too. Things are on the go!!! Was really excited when the realtor felt no upgrades were needed to sell the home, just touch ups! This is a huge financial gain. Still trying to be creative with how to do a debt free move, but we are moving in the right direction and I am excited to begin looking at homes (within our actual affordability range)!
    Congratulations on your pre approval. House hunting is so much fun, I hope you find something you love!!
    Haven't been on too much lately, my son turns 16 this week and will be driving, so for the first time in 33 years I have no one to taxi!! I feel almost giddy about it, my kids did so many competitive sports and other activities that I have lived in my vehicle.He is done with competitive sports so I don't even have to go watch anything..(although I still go watch my adult daughter play indoor soccer on Friday evenings). So I bought myself my first new vehicle,(my very well used old one will go to my son) figured with no kids to spill and abuse it was a great time.I actually took home a Hummer H3 for a couple of weeks to try(second hand and our friend has a dealership) and after testing it out I loved it but not very practical so I bought a beautiful ford explorer,I sat in it for 3 hours today figuring out all the electronic in and outs!!I work 4 days a week for my husband so I decided to take a part time evening job in a little local bakery just to do something for myself .I love baking and meeting new people, I am afraid my family will be in shock when they come home on Monday for supper and they will have something in the slow cooker with instructions on clean up!! Forecast for tomorrow is rain and then 10 centimeters of snow, I guess winter has arrived.
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Sat, Oct 26th, 2013 at 08:05 PM.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    exciting news on just needing updates and the pre-approval, getting to house hunt, good luck

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Congratulations on your pre approval. House hunting is so much fun, I hope you find something you love!!
    Haven't been on too much lately, my son turns 16 this week and will be driving, so for the first time in 33 years I have no one to taxi!! I feel almost giddy about it, my kids did so many competitive sports and other activities that I have lived in my vehicle.He is done with competitive sports so I don't even have to go watch anything..(although I still go watch my adult daughter play indoor soccer on Friday evenings). So I bought myself my first new vehicle,(my very well used old one will go to my son) figured with no kids to spill and abuse it was a great time.I actually took home a Hummer H3 for a couple of weeks to try(second hand and our friend has a dealership) and after testing it out I loved it but not very practical so I bought a beautiful ford explorer,I sat in it for 3 hours today figuring out all the electronic in and outs!!I work 4 days a week for my husband so I decided to take a part time evening job in a little local bakery just to do something for myself .I love baking and meeting new people, I am afraid my family will be in shock when they come home on Monday for supper and they will have something in the slow cooker with instructions on clean up!! Forecast for tomorrow is rain and then 10 centimeters of snow, I guess winter has arrived.
    oh I envy you with the new car and the new car smell, well deserved after all your kids activities over the years. SUVs are so nice and such a nice ride. A part time job in a bakery sounds like fun and yummy, would love to be a taste tester myself in such a place. Glad to hear all is well and yes unfortunate that the snow is coming.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Just got back from working out. Took LO with me in the stroller to go walk the track. I did 4km in 40min. My leg muscles are still twitching. I haven't been walking the track since the weather has been nice (late spring). I often take him for walks in the stroller to do errands, go to the park, and take a grocery bag with me to collect bottles and cans that are laying on the street. I've made about $25 just off the bottles and cans alone. I love the fresh air and have always loved to go for walks. Good thing LO loves his stroller too.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well busy day for me today managed to stop at frescho on way home form my son's last night -only was able to get 2-butoni pizza price matched-gee would have liked a few more but oh well-today baby boy shower for a friend I use to work with her 20 year old daughter got married in sept and baby due in nov-she didn't want to ask me cause I just went to wedding shower -but no I would love to go I told her spent 17.00 on a long sleeve onsie from old navy 8.50 -30% off-3.00 sleeper from shoppers in a pouch last year got it,huggies wipes 2.99, blue onsie 2.00 when sellers went out of business-socks .25 (dollar store in the summer)bib .89-cant remember where it was from-live clean baby petroleum jelly1.00-1.00 cpn=free on reduced table at walmart-plus a homemade blanket and baby sweater from my mom's large tote-she made ahead over the years( I don't wish to sell the knitted stuff just give to new mom's)see how frugal I can be buying ahead even baby stuff (it sure pays off -cause now I am not working see
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sun, Oct 27th, 2013 at 08:20 AM.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

now I pay the price for sitting on my bum yesterday. Sheets are in the wash, out to rake the yard and then off to buy milk and a few groceries. I may pick up a roast from RCSS for dinner tonight. I was going to go to Buffalo today as I need to pay a bill but its not due for a few weeks so I am going to try that for another weekend.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Congrats, thriftygranny on your new vehicle! And your new job!
    I loved it when our son got his licence - to get a chance just to drive, he started doing grocery shopping (and couponing!) - and it has served him well!

Well, we're moving this week to a different place within our city - and I've learned the biggest frugal lesson of all - just don't hold on to 'stuff' you don't need/use. It just clutters your world and your life!

Both my husband and me have realized we are just packrats (no, def not hoarders), plain and simple - holding on to things to use 'someday' - but years have gone by, and we have had SO much 'stuff' to deal with in this move.

If we hadn't had to downsize so much - we are going from a really large place to quite a small one - we probably would have just packed up everything as is, pretty much. This way, we were really forced to deal with things - AND he and I had interesting talks about it all, too, so that was positive!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yep congrats thriftynanny on your car and new job

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

its hard to condense natalka isn't it -if we ever move which I am sure we will someday -house is 2 storey 3 bedrooms-I will have to condense a lot more

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Happy Sunday all. So after hitting up SDM ($104 after tax) for 20x the points-earned 29000 including all the bonus offers I used; then metro (not much I wanted there just wanted to check for new coupons), the video store and then Sobeys for a few things. We decided not to go to the movies. It was something we had already seen anyways so the kids were not upset. I am currently boycotting the local video store as they are trying to charge me late fees that are not deserved so we left there with nothing as well. I went over budget, but I think I had enough in the kitty to make it up. We were pretty much out of everything including shampoo. I had to buy cat litter and both kinds of pet food too-argh! I bet I used about $50 in coupons. LOVE my coupons! The kids needed Halloween costumes and I feel like I did ok there too. I found a cool witch hat at the dollar store (for $3 lol) with rats on it and a plain witch dress at walmart for $7. For my oldest I found a vampiress costume for $17. The make up will be used by both $3. My son will be Ironman. I found his costume on a facebook group for $20 new with tags. They are selling the same one at walmart for $32. Small victory there. We are headed to the Autism support group Halloween party this afternoon. I'm bringing twenty five bags of popcorn so I guess I'd better get poppin! ($1 for Halloween bags and $3 for three boxes of popcorn).

Page 70 of 82 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 ... LastLast

Thread Information