User Tag List

Page 60 of 82 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 ... LastLast
Like Tree6510Likes

Thread: October Frugal Chatter - Harvest the Savings

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    I'm the same with "The Long Island Medium" - even if I've seen it, I love watching her "antics!"
    oh I like her as well, she's really bang on
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Caseythegoalie View Post
    We do need boots. I bought my younger daughter a pair of used bogs boots for $15 as she is super hard on footwear. She gets a used pair and a new pair usually. My son used a used pair of $3 boots last year! Wish they still fit they look great. He has handmedown snowpants from my daughter (they are black so unisex) so he is fine. Will watch for a sale for an extra pair. One daughter needs snow pants too. Will watch the consignment shops too.
    I always bought black snowpants for my kids too. Youngest is using hand me downs from oldest and they are like new since oldest never wore them. Youngest has 2 winter jackets and his hockey jacket so he is set even for days he gets extra wet/dirty!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Tonight my plan it to put all clean laundry away, toss a load in and hang it to dry so it's ready to put away tomorrow night. Thinking about taking a look at Shoppers and seeing if I should spend $75 for points (they had some clearance DS games for Christmas and fancy ice cream on sale and delissio pizzas that I like to have on hand for the kids (saves me money on take out pizza and not having to go out) I have a teenager so nice to have when he had friends over

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Yesterday we went out for breakfast. Not the most frugal thing to do but we like to support the local volunteer fire departments.
    This morning I`m getting my feet done. Can`t wait...they always feel so good afterwards.

As for Christmas decorating...I have a small fibre optic tree that gets put out if and when I feel like it. I could totally do without Christmas...get really depressed that time of year. Last year I barely managed to get to my nephew`s house. This year I may stay in bed til it`s over.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    I am done with couponning ,I lost my only passion and hobby for now..and trying to argue with people who dont want to heard nothing and break me,thank you very much familly for losing my confidence,the good person I was and break me....it is so appreciated,to be yell at each day no mather what and you are always the problem and those people just disapear after all the hurt they do....yeah
    cath sorry you are being treated so badly. I believe you live with your father, anyway that you could perhaps financially get your own place. This way you wouldn't have to deal with the family drama and criticisms on a daily/weekly basis. Maybe a new place on your own is just what the doctor ordered, so to speak. Couponing is a great hobby and a great way to save monies but sometimes get carried away we all do. Another thing to consider is talk therapy for yourself and perhaps family counselling which would involve your father. Hope your day turns around.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Hi people! My hopes and spirits have been up and down like the proverbial toilet seat! We get close to an offer on our house and then the "hot lead" disappears! I have left a message with our agent to "dig" to find out what the "tipping point" is. Is it cost, location, decorating, size of the yard? We have 20 days until we leave on our holiday. We live in a smallish town and the available homes that would be in our price range are not large. DH thinks that we'll return from our holiday with our house sold and no place to go! Christmas in a hotel might be a possibility! LOL!
    I agree it would be nice to know what is delaying the sale. If only you could do like that show on tv where they have cameras set up and you get to hear the feedback. Good luck let's hope it's nothing too serious.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    hey all not a good start ot the week -my daughter called at 7.30 and told me she is in my city-her hubbies nonna died last night -my goodness that is a nana and a nonna (my daughter and (my mom) and his nonna) I am off to get a lovely table arrangement for his mom -my daughter may drop buy this afternoon to send emails to her work /clients-listen my son-in-laws mother sent me flowers and gave me money in a card when my mom passed away in march -we don't and I am Canadian(irish background) give money when someone passes away -should I do the same for her or not??? any Italians on board here -I am sending an arrangement for her table and will go the funeral for sure(my daughter will ask her husband for me I don't want to offend anyone if its their custom
    how sad, I've never heard of anyone giving $ when someones passes away but I think it is wise to have your daughter ask her hubby.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

So one thing off my list today. Blog post check! Other things I need to do today-bake. Prep supper. Do laundry. Lol.
    oh my what a handsome young man

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    how sad, I've never heard of anyone giving $ when someones passes away but I think it is wise to have your daughter ask her hubby.
    Last week a coworkers mother died. Everyone chipped in $5 to buy a gift card to a local greenhouse so she could buy a tree to plant in her moms memory. I thought that was a really nice idea.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Well well well, today is my lucky day! Found a NWT pair of boots at the online consignment store for $10! And a black pair of mary janes (gently used) for younger dd for $6. Its local pick up so no shipping. Yay!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Well well well, today is my lucky day! Found a NWT pair of boots at the online consignment store for $10! And a black pair of mary janes (gently used) for younger dd for $6. Its local pick up so no shipping. Yay!
    Yeah!!!

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Inquiring Minds - when will you start your Christmas Decorating? Will it be earlier than last year or the same?
    Normally we have a B-day party the first week in Dec. so X-mas deco normally goes up after the party.
    It's just weird having a B-day party and the house dressed for X-mas already.
    But this year we lost our X-mas tree, basement flooded in a rain storm back in July.
    So I'm in No rush this year, because I'm waiting for a good price on a X-mas tree..50% or more.
    So I might be putting mine up X-mas eve..If the trees doesn't go on sale for 50% until then.
    As long as I have it up before midnight, I'm fine .

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    oh boy just got back from seeing"captain Phillips" an Oscar contender for sure -excellent movie-had a burger at a burger shop -ate it in the car with hubby -I had brought my own water bottle-cost 10.00-then bought us at shoppers buy 1 get 1 chocolate bar -so .49 each -show free tickets form icoke from last year-oh I so needed a date night -so happy
    Coupon girl...Glad you and DH had a great date night.
    Love the chocolate .
    A much deserved date night .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Need to figure out our meal plan for the week. Tonight it's just me so not sure what I'm doing. Maybe something bad
    Tomorrow night- Both boys have leftovers from the weekend- 1 steak dinner the other roasted chicken dinner so I may make ceaser salad and just heat up their leftovers for them. I have egg whites to use up so probably a big omelette for me.
    Wed- Going to dentist and want to go to Costco so will let youngest eat there so I can shop in peace while he sits in cart and eats.
    Thursday- Will plan something for the crockpot with salad
    Friday- Halloween party so will have something simple since we will have food at party.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

We do not really decorate for Christmas anymore. When we moved we decided we would start decorating again, this never happened. Than last year mom decided she wanted to go all out and decorate, I think it was because it was our first Christmas without Nanny and Nanny LOVED Christmas and decorating we inherited a ton of decorations for her. But due the fact our house is still full of boxes and we were not ready to deal Nanny's stuff no decorating happened.

This year we will be on a Cruise for Christmas so again no decorating but I think that is what mom wanted and why she booked the cruise when she did as she has said a number of times now that she did not want to be home for Christmas this year.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Page 60 of 82 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 ... LastLast

Thread Information