User Tag List

Page 48 of 82 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 ... LastLast
Like Tree6510Likes

Thread: October Frugal Chatter - Harvest the Savings

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

LO woke up screaming at 1:00am because he is running a high fever again. He's been sick since Friday, running a fever off and on, lethargic, sometimes throwing up or having diarrhea (Friday and Saturday), and not really interested in eating solids. It's a good thing that he is still bf, so he's nursing more often than usual right now...but we know that that will help him a lot.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Anyone have their meal plan for the week using food on hand/sales? Our freezers are full and the fridge has fresh stuff so other then the $23.75 I spent yesterday ( 2 fresh turkeys, pears, apples, asparagus, triscuits and a roll of cookie dough ) I'm going to really try and use up what we have for the rest of the week as the sales didn't really grab me.
    Tonight: Boys will like chicken bites with corn and salad (leftovers for others to eat)
    Wed: Boneless/skinless chicken on the bbq, roasted veggies (onion, asparagus, mushroom, peppers and garlic) ( I will bbq fish at the same time for lunch for myself the next few days to go with the veggies since I want very low calorie meals this week)
    Will figure out the rest of the week tonight since I plan to hang in the kitchen tonight prepping stuff. Maybe a roast in the slow cooker.
    Yes I'd like to know what others are doing using the flyers.....I need to get my plan going!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Anyone have their meal plan for the week using food on hand/sales? Our freezers are full and the fridge has fresh stuff so other then the $23.75 I spent yesterday ( 2 fresh turkeys, pears, apples, asparagus, triscuits and a roll of cookie dough ) I'm going to really try and use up what we have for the rest of the week as the sales didn't really grab me.
    Tonight: Boys will like chicken bites with corn and salad (leftovers for others to eat)
    Wed: Boneless/skinless chicken on the bbq, roasted veggies (onion, asparagus, mushroom, peppers and garlic) ( I will bbq fish at the same time for lunch for myself the next few days to go with the veggies since I want very low calorie meals this week)
    Will figure out the rest of the week tonight since I plan to hang in the kitchen tonight prepping stuff. Maybe a roast in the slow cooker.
    We are just winging it this week. Trying to use up food in the house and freezer.

Monday we had running around to do so ate at Harvey's using 2 can dine for $9.99 coupon then ordered just a value burger for DS and shared my fries/pop.

Yesterday running around again so just threw 2 frozen pizzas in the oven.

Again today have tons of running around to do (dr appointments and picking up the new car from body shop) but going to try to prep veggies this afternoon for spaghetti tonight.

Tomorrow having chicken and veggie stir fry and Friday will have burgers.

Haven't even started planning for next weeks groceries yet. Not picking anything up this week except hamburgers buns, salad and stocking up on a few apples pies at no frills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Finally got EI today (yay!) but got twice as much as I should have. Looked at my claim online and they have mistakenly used my insurable earnings over 52 weeks when it should have only been over 26 weeks so will have to call and get it sorted out and probably won't get another payment for 3 weeks as they have already given me so much.

Have a wedding to go to this weekend. Found a cute dress in my closet to wear that I only wore once on a cruise a couple years ago so that will save us some money and my aunt is coming to watch the kids so no expense of babysitter

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Boneless Skinless chicken breasts are $3.66LB at FB (I don't like their meat) but will check them out at RCSS and if nice buy a few trays.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Wed, Oct 16th, 2013 at 10:32 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Oh and we are currently in the middle of switching cars and saving money (in the LONG run).

We recently bought another car with some inheritance money. We will be getting rid of DH's truck (gas guzzler) and we are also switching insurances and saving a ton of money there! We should get a good amount for DH's truck which will help cover most of the costs of the new (to us) car and the safety/minor repairs.

In the long run we will be saving almost $1,000 a year on insurance and at least $200 a month on gas or more for a total of $3,400+ savings each year!

The only hard part is coming up with double payments for the insurance companies (had to forfeit most of our last payment with insurance companies as cancellation fee and new company for DH wants first/last payments plus another payment a week later). So we have to pay pretty much 4 months payments in 1 month.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    well guess who showed up, was not a happy camper, had the nerve to ask me what was wrong, hello, I said didn't want company and I'm having a really bad day, which was somewhat true because of the phone call from her earlier this am and then no matter what I tried to do today everything that could go wrong went wrong, anyways I was cold and pissed off which showed and they stayed 1 1/2 hours which seemed like forever, I got pissed at my dad who put Chester outside because he didn't want him bothering him/jumping on him, I said you can't do that he will run into the road (which is true) and brought him back in with a cookie bribe. I said to my mom I thought you were supposed to go to my nieces and she said yes the girls got together and put on a turkey dinner (they don't live together) but made a dinner for my parent last night. My mom went on to say how the time is so long when you have nothing to do. Apparently the middle child (my brother who is the middle child) told them that he was locking the gate at the cottage so not to come. My eldest brother is having his mil and her boyfriend over and 1 niece with her bf tonight for supper and they didn't invite my parents....does anyone see a pattern??? Anyways they are gone and I'm relieved as I thought I made myself clear note to self be more clear i.e. plain out right stay home. My mom was already talking about Christmas and I just ignored her.
    Sorry you are having such a rough time with your family. I don't understand how people don't sense that they are not wanted somewhere.

My sister started texting me rude comments about how I must be feeling better since she hasn't heard from me. I made it clear that I shouldn't have to update her on my health when she knew I was in the hospital and that if she was concerned about me at all she would be the one inquiring how I was doing. She knows she's upset me but I am not calm enough yet to tell her how hurt and angry I am.

Same goes with my dad, only see him when he needs something. Dropped in last night and asked me to iron his pants for him for a funeral. I don't know what's wrong with me but I just can't say no.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

I seriously wish my kids would wake up and smell the coffee.. be a hell of a lot cheaper than buying bags upon bags of milk each week.. not too mention the family size ++ boxes of cereal they devour like its free..
    then when dh goes for breakfast.. nadda..
    someday they will see the light!!

anyway.. i guess im going back out today to pick up some more groceries.. anyone know where i can find a money tree to plant in my backyard
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    I seriously wish my kids would wake up and smell the coffee.. be a hell of a lot cheaper than buying bags upon bags of milk each week.. not too mention the family size ++ boxes of cereal they devour like its free..
    then when dh goes for breakfast.. nadda..
    someday they will see the light!!

anyway.. i guess im going back out today to pick up some more groceries.. anyone know where i can find a money tree to plant in my backyard
    lol I was just talking with my co-worker this morning saying how breakfast can be cheap and healthy (I was eating oatmeal
    Cereal is expensive and the boxes are getting smaller and smaller. I just buy them on sale when they have the good promos on them now

Can you make up a batch of oatmeal and put in containers in the fridge and they can just heat up? Add what they want, sugar, milk, fruit?
    Make a big batch of pancakes? French toast (buy bread from clearance rack to make it cheaper) Freeze and pull out as needed (we pop ours in the toaster to heat up)

My boys love Egg mcmuffins so I buy and freeze the English muffins and pull out as needed. Sometimes I will fry up a bunch of eggs at the start of the week and just pull from the fridge as I need them. I like giving my kids protein for breakfast so it's a win win for us.

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

heh Mama.. come November we usually do that.. dh bought these little anchor dishes with lids. he makes batches on Sunday.. fills them with berries, raisins, brown sugar.. take er or starve kids..
    thankfully they are like their Dad and luv oatmeal.. me not so much i gag on it.
    with them it seems if its not heated up or served on a plate to them.. they don't eat.. i would love to spend a sunday with them making these ahead of time just so they see how much work is involved but also how easy it is to grab one and eat.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I really need to get going on my ongoing goals-Cleaning and organizing my closet, storage room, laundry room, garage etc. Once done it will make like better so everything has a place. And I will be able to part with tons of things and hopefully make a few bucks to put towards future house stuff.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    heh Mama.. come November we usually do that.. dh bought these little anchor dishes with lids. he makes batches on Sunday.. fills them with berries, raisins, brown sugar.. take er or starve kids..
    thankfully they are like their Dad and luv oatmeal.. me not so much i gag on it.
    with them it seems if its not heated up or served on a plate to them.. they don't eat.. i would love to spend a sunday with them making these ahead of time just so they see how much work is involved but also how easy it is to grab one and eat.
    Yes, lol they think the food just magically appears ready to eat. I think my DS expects to open the fridge and have platters just ready to heat up and eat. My goal this fall is to get him in the kitchen more so he can be more self efficient.

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

well whatcha waiting for.. get on er.. u know once you get going.....
    i was the same yesterday... then i just started. got so many things done..
    today is garbage/recycle day. can't wait to clear the living room of all that junk..
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

oh and my guys love smoothies now too so I try and mix it up for them so they don't get bored of the same thing everyday.

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

im right there with ya..
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Page 48 of 82 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 ... LastLast

Thread Information