Thread: October Frugal Chatter - Harvest the Savings

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Its not a holiday without a pug!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I hope everyone had a wonderful thanksgiving, some fabulous food to share with family and friends, or a blissful evening of peace. I spent my thanksgiving dinner in silence, feeding LO in an upper room, while everyone else was eating up all the delicious food. I'm not complaining, there was more than enough. The only thing I miss is eating hot food with such a demanding LO.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    I should SO be doing laundry as well.. among the 30 other things on my list.. sigh.... or... lol.. just need a kick in the butt.
    Guess where my laundry is? It's in the machine, sorted, and out of sight. It's waiting for some more items to fill it up, but it sits in there like a silly placeholder. Ha ha!

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    well did 3 loads of laundry today -took turkey over to son /wife and got to feed ashlyn -my daughter in law is bottle feeding now-not enough milk came in baby was stressed she was stressed -so whatever works right girls -just lovvve seeing the baby-yesterday my daughter held her all day-as she lives out of towen in Toronto-and wont see her for a few weeks
    I'm surprised. The hospitals and nurses here seem quite aggressive about BF exclusively. They insisted that I must be able to and right away - a very painful experience. Whatever works and whatever keeps Ashlyn healthy!

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    not so much today,maybe I will explain later but now I dont feel well and just want to cry
    Oh my goodness, a big hug to you!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Does anyone have a good borsch recipe that they could share with me?

I grew some beets this summer, but dh hates beets and LO hasn't tried beets yet. I grew up loving borsch, so I thought it might be an enjoyable way for me to use the beets...since I am clearly going to be the main person eating them.
    Thanks
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Well,I hope to stop to cry and can sleep .I hate when I doubt of a good action I made and people make me doubt because the people apparently dont deserve it,long story for another tomorrow,familly life,drama and others things are exausting...I can writhe 3 chapters on that happen today.
    Last edited by cath007; Tue, Oct 15th, 2013 at 02:54 AM.
    Crochetlady and jasperandchar like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Good morning! I worked yesterday 9-9 which not only gives me time and a half but a day off in lieu which I am happy to use today to stay home. I've been trying to de-clutter and purge but I lack motivation and have been busy with well, life in general I guess. When I have free time I just wanna sit or watch tv. Lately I feel like I"ve been robbing Peter to pay Paul and have just been getting by with luck. Eesh! I have to simplify life and just cut out all the un-necessaries for a while so I can get things paid down. My mastercard is maxed again and with Christmas coming I just cant imagine paying it off. Here is my goal ladies. Have this thing under HALF the limit by Christmas. Two major payments are finished in January 2014 that cost me approx. $800 per month so that will be a huge sigh of relief.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Caseythegoalie View Post
    Good morning! I worked yesterday 9-9 which not only gives me time and a half but a day off in lieu which I am happy to use today to stay home. I've been trying to de-clutter and purge but I lack motivation and have been busy with well, life in general I guess. When I have free time I just wanna sit or watch tv. Lately I feel like I"ve been robbing Peter to pay Paul and have just been getting by with luck. Eesh! I have to simplify life and just cut out all the un-necessaries for a while so I can get things paid down. My mastercard is maxed again and with Christmas coming I just cant imagine paying it off. Here is my goal ladies. Have this thing under HALF the limit by Christmas. Two major payments are finished in January 2014 that cost me approx. $800 per month so that will be a huge sigh of relief.
    You can do it! I would sacrifice what you can now so you can pay it off.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Tuesday everyone! Back to the work grind for me. The week is looking ok workwise, not too stressful which is good. Walked for 3 hours last night and my legs are feeling it today but enjoyed it! Made oatmeal for breakfast (for tomorrow too) have leftovers from Sunday for lunch and yogurt/apple/almonds for afternoon snack. So no wasteful spending today

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Anyone have their meal plan for the week using food on hand/sales? Our freezers are full and the fridge has fresh stuff so other then the $23.75 I spent yesterday ( 2 fresh turkeys, pears, apples, asparagus, triscuits and a roll of cookie dough ) I'm going to really try and use up what we have for the rest of the week as the sales didn't really grab me.
    Tonight: Boys will like chicken bites with corn and salad (leftovers for others to eat)
    Wed: Boneless/skinless chicken on the bbq, roasted veggies (onion, asparagus, mushroom, peppers and garlic) ( I will bbq fish at the same time for lunch for myself the next few days to go with the veggies since I want very low calorie meals this week)
    Will figure out the rest of the week tonight since I plan to hang in the kitchen tonight prepping stuff. Maybe a roast in the slow cooker.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Had a quiet thanksgiving here, made enough for my parents to have some as well, my son took it over. That was very well received.
    I finished almost all of my laundry last night, until my dryer started to squeak. going to have my husband look at it before he leaves for work. PLUS all of the laundry i did is put away. YAY
    im slowly conquering my list.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well got a few deals today - a gift set at rexalls with (2 -dove deodorant and schick razor) 7.96-2.00 cpn=5.96 just cut the front lawn its still nice out here -ahh fall no allergies gotta love that

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Spent $3.65 at Food Basics at lunch. 10 Lbs bag of potatoes, 2 x sour cream, 2 x yogurt tubes and 1 gay lea spreadable butter. Used FPC for tubes and butter and 50 cents off sour cream.
    Going to a Halloween party at the end of the month and we are making/bringing a crap load of homemade bite size potato skins to serve so happy I'm finding stuff at a super duper deal!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Also went to Canadian tire and treated myself to the glass bowls with lids that were on sale, 4 x 1 cup $4.99 and 3 x 4 cup $6.99. Used my Canadian Tire $ on the card so no $ out of pocket and I'm so excited to start using these.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    Good job! I love making turkey. The bigger the better. I can get so much out of a turkey. I can usually get at least 6 meals out of 1 meal. This one was so big, I'll get probably 9 meals out of it. 9 meals for a $25 turkey!

When you look at it that way nine meals for 25 is pretty cheap!

We did turkey soup this morning for lunch with turkey sandwiches.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Hiya Ladies, I am afraid to say I am having a pity party , dh called from the nearest town (needed supplies) and it took everything for me to not cry. I am really financially overwhelmed and don't know where or how to cut anymore meat off the bone so to speak. I called to get a quote re: our vehicles - dropping the car but still have not made up my mind, thinking that dh can drive it over the winter but if it breaks that's it, can't afford to fix it. The seal around the trunk is done, so when it rains it goes in the trunk and the snow will as well, the body is shot and thinking positive that I will save on veh. maintenance, insurance, plates and everything else. On the other hand the truck guzzles more gas but I think in the end we will still be further ahead with only the truck. I got the numbers from the pension office and I am sick to my stomach, I have to repay almost $19k in deficiencies (over 132 months = 11 years) and have to pay for med. coverage and dental coverage and +++++lots of other stuff. So I need to save $400.00 a month so that our lifestyles which are extremely frugal in my opinion won't suffer. Any ideas???? PS I feel really badly now because dh is probably worrying about me and the whole situation, I tend to go into hysterical mode and cannot see other possible solutions.
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Tue, Oct 15th, 2013 at 05:10 PM.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I received a phone call this afternoon. I will be teaching pre-K for two mornings at the end of this month. It is a good thing because I didn't have any other days of work booked this month. This will be my first time teaching pre-K, but I have literally taught every other grade from K-12...so I'm sure it will be fine. I am now up to 6.1 days this month. I still have a lot of days available, but I am glad to get what I have.

My LO still isn't feeling very good. I'm glad that he likes my home made strawberry smoothies because the daycare wasn't able to get him to eat anything...even when she offered him some of his favorite foods. Here's hoping he continues to get better.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 46 of 82 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast

Thread Information