User Tag List

Page 68 of 70 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1038
Like Tree4165Likes

Thread: Remember to be Frugal - November Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Inquring Minds Want to Know!!!

Do you mail out Christmas cards to family & friends?

How do you decide who to send them to?

And do you send a card even if you don't get one back?

I mail out around 30 cards each year or hand deliver them. I send to my siblings, mom, grandparents, aunts & uncles, cousins. They get knocked off the list when they dont respond to an address. Next year I'm taking two of my cousins off the list as they have never even acknowledged they got a card.
    Last edited by saundyl; Sun, Dec 1st, 2013 at 02:14 PM.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Just dropping in from hiatus to check in with everyone. We were a hairline away from exceeding our download limit on our computer this month. I missed the free Kinder eggs, but otherwise, was pretty productive on the laundry front.

We do need a few groceries, but apart from that.... I'll have to see what DH thinks about shopping.

I need a copy of NHL 14 for DH. I think that's it. It usually goes on sale around boxing day. I remember getting NHL 13 for $12 last year, when it first came out on a FS one day sale with a $10 GC win. DH was so impressed and I was so pleased.

I'm going online as much as possible. There's no way I'd get anything with LO. With her BF schedule, I'd have to leave the lineup when the cashier finally comes into range. Plus, there's no way with these 4 AM feedings that I'm getting up at the crack of dawn to get anything. They'd have to be handing things out for free with $200 GCs for me to even attempt it.

The only things that are black are my fingers from going through all the flyers... That's my thought on this year's sales. Ha!
    I didnt know they went on sale like that! we paid 49.99 for the one we picked up 2 weeks ago - however that being said thats the only time until january We'll be anywhere near a larger centre with decent prices.

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    happy for you to get $50.00 gc for your time & troubles, it paid to take action!

Yeah it did pay to take action. I didnt expect even a response from them in all honesty.

My co-worker was telling me she thinks she has learnt so much from me about saving money because before she met me she didnt know about how much you could save with coupons or where to get them, she didnt know about a few of the online earning sites that do pay and she didnt ever even think to complain. She got a kick out of me this summer when i told her i emailed a bunch of companies said i liked their product did they happen to have coupons.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Holy snowflake I didn't realize today was Dec. 1st anyways, here is the link to the voting for the Frugal chatter December edition, voting will close tomorrow, Monday, Dec. 2nd at 3:43pm. I will post the new thread tomorrow after the voting has expired. http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/373204-...voting-canada/
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    My co-worker was telling me she thinks she has learnt so much from me about saving money because before she met me she didnt know about how much you could save with coupons or where to get them, she didnt know about a few of the online earning sites that do pay and she didnt ever even think to complain. She got a kick out of me this summer when i told her i emailed a bunch of companies said i liked their product did they happen to have coupons.
    Awesome to share your knowledge with your co-worker so she can save as well
    Crochetlady and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    So like many others I was not planning on doing any shopping yesterday but mom heard the Bay was having a 1 Day sale on luggage and I need a suitcase to take on the cruise. Normally I only travel for a weekend or a short business trip (less than a week) so I only have a small carry on suitcase on wheels I got for a great price a few years back at Costco. So I ended up with a super nice light weight suitcase, this thing is amazing light, and my mom liked it so much she got herself one too. There were regularly $440 but we got them for $160 each. Mom bought mine for me. The Bay did have some great sales but I had to say wow it tested my patients. The sale was up to 75% off so there were some that were less but nothing was in the right place. I few times I found a suitcase I liked only to find out it was behind the wrong sign and was not actually 75% off and would be only 50% or 60%. They had 2 staff members working the department, one was super helpful the other not so much. I felt bad for one elderly couple that keep asking for help and the sales person jut keep telling them she didn't know it was a sale and everything was messed up and yes things were behind the wrong signs but there was nothing they could do. What was nice to see was other customers helping each other, telling them the price of the luggage they had found or what the real mark down was if they knew.

Also I came home and did an online order with Old Navy. I am kind of sad, I decided to do the right thing and now place my order at work and than I get home most things I wanted were out of stock. I just got an order from Old Navy but all of the jeans were too big so I have reordered them all smaller and at a better price so i am happy. I am sure some of the stuff from my new shipment will go back as well. Since the discount was so great I ordered some things I might not normally order just to see how they fit. If I like them I will keep them, if not free returns and they go back. All and all I am pretty happy and just hoping for good things when my order comes in.
    sounds like complete madness at the Bay but what a nice surprise/gift for your mom to have treated you to great gift you will have for years to come. Glad that you are treating yourself with some new clothing as you mentioned you needed jeans and well free returns is a sweet deal, hope everything fits and you will be all set.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    ah man.. i just got an email from Michael's.
    They are having a special midnight madness tonite from 7-10.. selected christmas items are 70% off. oh boy.
    did you go to the sale? and if so what goodies did you get and if not great strength in passing (lol)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    morning all-I am so sick-stuffed-I was going to bake try to put my tree up today-maybe go see "ashlyn" nope just gonna stay in bed and take medication-I think cause my whole self was feeling down thurs and Friday(thinking about my mom,girlfriend's hubby passing)not getting enough sleep maybe lets hope I can shake this cold
    Hope you feel better soon coupon girl, go take a nice hot bath and soak then jump into your pjs and robe and relax in bed

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

yes we went to the sale, i literally walked out with 2 large gold poinsettia flowers ($3 each).. and 1 Wilton snowflake cookie cutter and 4 berry sticks, 2 gold 2 red. $.89 each.. should have just stayed home. better selection at the dollar store.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

[QUOTE=saundyl;5741709

I did an order with Old Navy as well. Used my 20% off email sign up coupon as well for the sale. Had a few regrets for purchasing more clothing - called to cancel and the lovely rep offered to take another 15% off my order. So i decided to keep it. In the end with the sale prices and the 35% off i ended up getting a total of 62% off my order.[/QUOTE]
    wow 35% is great

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Hiya ladies, it's snowing here quite a bit, we were not supposed to get any accumulation but we are, oh well it's winter and I don't have to go out so all is good. Going to get dh to pick up bread & milk on his way home tomorrow if he gets a call for work (fingers crossed he does). Anyways ventured out to la-zy boy last night with dh and youngest son and well I must say I was rather surprised with the affordable prices compare to IKEA, Brick and others I have been stalking. Haven't placed an order yet but thinking about it seriously. Got the house all decorated for Christmas for the most part and hoping my fire in the woodstove starts to warm the house as it's pretty cool in here. Going to wrap ds#1's gifts tomorrow and put them under the tree & the dvd set I got for dh as well. So still need to get ds#2 to come up with a longer/bigger list but I don't want him to put stuff on his list he really doesn't want....what to do...I guess he and I are fortunate that he really doesn't want or need much . HAPPY DECEMBER TO ALL!!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    yes we went to the sale, i literally walked out with 2 large gold poinsettia flowers ($3 each).. and 1 Wilton snowflake cookie cutter and 4 berry sticks, 2 gold 2 red. $.89 each.. should have just stayed home. better selection at the dollar store.
    it was an outing and if you hadn't gone you would have wished you had so it's a win win, to bad they didn't have more appealing for you to choose. The dollar stores have some great Christmas items out this year, I know each one has different stuff, so my motto is get more than you need because the next time they may not have them in stock or replenish....I'm learning.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Just got back from picking up prescriptions and groceries. Not sure what I got but it had better be good for what I spent. I did get a turkey at FB and the spend $20 on Deli and get 5000 points at Zehrs. FB also has Smuckers no sugar added jam on so I stocked up on that too. I`m not used to spending over $100 a week on groceries but I guess I did buy some extras today. Oh well, hopefully I`ll do better next week.

I do send out Christmas cards to some family and friends. The list seems to be shrinking though.

Hadn`t picked up the mail since Mon. Today I got a cheque for the sale of some crafts and 6 coupons from Life made Delicious...4 for free cereal and 2 for free snack bars. Gotta love free!
    Last edited by Crochetlady; Sun, Dec 1st, 2013 at 05:05 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

J and C-not sure about your Lazy Boy but in the past ours has had special promotions like spend so much and get a free hotel stay or free grocery cards. Seems to me around boxing day or New Years might be a good time for such a promotion-perhaps you can ask at your store if they have had any such promotions in the past and when they expect the next one! Or at least keep your eyes on the flyers.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Holy snowflake I didn't realize today was Dec. 1st anyways, here is the link to the voting for the Frugal chatter December edition, voting will close tomorrow, Monday, Dec. 2nd at 3:43pm. I will post the new thread tomorrow after the voting has expired. http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/373204-...voting-canada/
    DOn't forget to vote

Scottishgal
    Trading Score
    480 (100%)

Voted Can't believe how quick this month went. I used up lots of food from the freezer and pantry. I'm so happy with myself that I'm planning out a weekly Menu. This makes life sooo easy Hope I can do as well for the month of December. Have a good night everyone

Page 68 of 70 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 LastLast

Thread Information