User Tag List

Page 58 of 70 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 ... LastLast
Like Tree4165Likes

Thread: Remember to be Frugal - November Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Good morning everyone! What a crazy weekend with my son's hockey tournament. Drove back and forth all weekend through snow squalls but it was worth it! They are the Silver Stick Champs and go on to the national tournament! Huge deal! We were all so excited!
    super awesome and well worth the travels for sure, congrats to him & his team and mom for driving and cheering
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Hiya ladies, I've been decorating on and off for the last few days so haven't been on as I am trying to change my tune/mood. Well I guess I will be toning down my couponing & shopping for the next few months (winter/snow) as I don't drive in the stuff and other various reasons OCD OCD OCD. Dh called from work today to say that the car rpms are acting wonky, I noticed this last week as the car had no pep, I didn't mention this as my OCD takes over and it was probably nothing but didn't think so, so he is hoping he can get it to the garage after work without it dying on the road, we've discussed the issue of getting an estimate or finding out what is the matter before we fix it, the car is a 2001 Cavalier so nothing fancy and pretty old. BUT HERE"S THE kicker, if we go down to 1 vehicle yes we will save $100.00 a month on insurance + the maintenance but the KICKER is that insurance companies will not offer the ACCIDENT PROTECTOR as 2 drivers cannot have drivers protector on 1 vehicle, I would be an occasional driver but quite honestly I won`t drive his truck but because we both have to be ensured to drive it neither will quality for the accident protection which SUCKS, to me is a gimic. And of course even if we could afford a newer/replacement vehicle WHICH WE CAN'T then your rates go up because of newer vechicles, the prices of vehicle insurance in ONT. is absolutely ridiculous.....rant done (lol). I am hoping it's just a stupid fix but trying to be a realist. Called my doctor's office a week ago today asking if my meds can be increased or if a referral can be sent to the shrink to prescribed this and said that this is the super meds and I'd feel like a new lady...haha...no new lady here and don't trust my doctor's 2 cents worth as she wants me off meds and every other shrink I've seen has said you will never go off your meds, so either way I'm waiting for another referral or a call that will never come....so frustrating when your family doc. knows your history and don't call back or should say the secretary doesn't call back. Ds#2's birthday is Wednesday he will be 13 and he invited my parents over to celebrate very kind of him but they are giving 15-20cms of snow so I don't believe my parents will make the 2 hour drive (I know I wouldn't lol). My mom called this am and wanted to know if I wanted her to bring a turkey over so I would have it for Christmas, I politely said no and she hinted that I guess I didn't know what I was doing yet. Hope everyone has a great day & evening and if you find a magic genie send him or her my way.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Good Afternoon all.

Wow Silver stick champions - awesome job for them!

JnC that sucks about the car and insurance - hope its not an expensive fix.

I need to take my car in for an oil change - its being fussy lately and to check to see if they can fix my backup lights without it being a wiring issue. (meh)

I'm going to fields and home hardware tonight as i found this cute craft - a chrismtas tree for outside that is made out of tomato cages. I want to do it because i kinda feel scroogy without having any lights or anything up. I left all my lights with my old house for my mom or her tenants to use (plus we ran out of room in the uhaul, truck and my car)

I took some balloons this afternoon placed food coloring in them and filled them with water. I left them outside so once they freeze I'll cut the balloon off and we'll have some coloured ice balls for decorations too.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Hi All, Mechanic spoke with dh and he thinks it's the transmission by dh's explanation but will call us when he has time to look at it later this week. Since I don't venture out driving very often because of my medical issues we will not be replacing the vehicle/car at this time, perhaps down the road when my ocd becomes more bearable/under control and hopefully by then we will be able to afford a 2nd vehicle if it's needed. We spend most of the summer at the cottage so again just 1 vehicle used during the summer so no 2nd one required. DH has agreed to take me shopping Saturday evenings to do groceries or will pick odds & ends up after work when need be. Sounds like we will be getting around 15-20 cms of snow come Tuesday evening through Wednesday.....eeekkk. I will be sending dh out tomorrow after or before work to get my oldest son's birthday presents.
    coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    Good Afternoon all.

Wow Silver stick champions - awesome job for them!

JnC that sucks about the car and insurance - hope its not an expensive fix.

I need to take my car in for an oil change - its being fussy lately and to check to see if they can fix my backup lights without it being a wiring issue. (meh)

I'm going to fields and home hardware tonight as i found this cute craft - a chrismtas tree for outside that is made out of tomato cages. I want to do it because i kinda feel scroogy without having any lights or anything up. I left all my lights with my old house for my mom or her tenants to use (plus we ran out of room in the uhaul, truck and my car)

I took some balloons this afternoon placed food coloring in them and filled them with water. I left them outside so once they freeze I'll cut the balloon off and we'll have some coloured ice balls for decorations too.
    oh your balloon decorations are going to look so beautiful, I saw that on pintrest and it looked so neat and better yet easy and inexpensive but very tasteful in appearances.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Hello All. I`m finally back. My back issues went from bad to worse and I ended up spending most of the last 2 weeks in bed. It`s finally starting to feel better but I still can`t be up all day.
    Today I had to get into town...hubby ran out of his pills so I had to get them. It was blowing all the way in but no snow so it wasn`t bad. As soon as I got into town it started snowing like crazy so I hurried...didn`t get quite everything I was going to. Got out of Zehrs and thank goodness it had stopped snowing. Have I mentioned I hate driving in snow? but I have to do it so I try to only go away on nice days. Am seriously thinking about switching drugstore to one that delivers out of town.

Nancy I hear you on the car. Our transmission is giving us grief but the mechanic says to wait til it gets worse before we do anything. He`s pretty sure he knows what the problem is. Says it`ll be around $1000 to replace a $20 part. Hubby always cursed the car engineers...said they should be forced to do the repairs so they know what a PITA they are.

Silver Stick Champs!!! WTG!!! Hope they win the national.
    jasperandchar and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Just popping in because I saw this post for free kinder mini eggs

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/372679-...i-eggs-canada/

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    Hello All. I`m finally back. My back issues went from bad to worse and I ended up spending most of the last 2 weeks in bed. It`s finally starting to feel better but I still can`t be up all day.
    Today I had to get into town...hubby ran out of his pills so I had to get them. It was blowing all the way in but no snow so it wasn`t bad. As soon as I got into town it started snowing like crazy so I hurried...didn`t get quite everything I was going to. Got out of Zehrs and thank goodness it had stopped snowing. Have I mentioned I hate driving in snow? but I have to do it so I try to only go away on nice days. Am seriously thinking about switching drugstore to one that delivers out of town.

Nancy I hear you on the car. Our transmission is giving us grief but the mechanic says to wait til it gets worse before we do anything. He`s pretty sure he knows what the problem is. Says it`ll be around $1000 to replace a $20 part. Hubby always cursed the car engineers...said they should be forced to do the repairs so they know what a PITA they are.

oh goodness poor you, do you know what is causing your back problems and can anything be done to relieve some of the pain? Hope it let's up soon. They make the cars so compact under the hood that you have no choice but to bring your car into the mechanic for every single thing, even changing your spark plugs is not something that you can do at home like you used too. Are you rpms all over the place, our car has no pick up and go, so when the coast is clear and you go to take it off it takes forever for it to decide to get going (lol) and then the rpms dh said go from normal to extremes, good thing I wasn't driving it or I would have been literally hysterical crying along the side of the road, oh well.
    Crochetlady and SassyAshley like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well popped out to visit my mom's girlfriend today we had homemade soup together-then stopped at target they owed me 6 .34,grabbed a few things -and more coffee at shoppers -came home to checked my phone my girlfriend called tice -unusual as she works in a office-bad news (her husband passed Away last night-61 intestinal cancer-had it 6 weeks no symptons (I have known her 25 years I am so sad)that I 3 funerals I will have gone to this year-unreal
    Crochetlady and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    well popped out to visit my mom's girlfriend today we had homemade soup together-then stopped at target they owed me 6 .34,grabbed a few things -and more coffee at shoppers -came home to checked my phone my girlfriend called tice -unusual as she works in a office-bad news (her husband passed Away last night-61 intestinal cancer-had it 6 weeks no symptons (I have known her 25 years I am so sad)that I 3 funerals I will have gone to this year-unreal
    So sorry about your friend`s husband.

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    oh goodness poor you, do you know what is causing your back problems and can anything be done to relieve some of the pain? Hope it let's up soon. They make the cars so compact under the hood that you have no choice but to bring your car into the mechanic for every single thing, even changing your spark plugs is not something that you can do at home like you used too. Are you rpms all over the place, our car has no pick up and go, so when the coast is clear and you go to take it off it takes forever for it to decide to get going (lol) and then the rpms dh said go from normal to extremes, good thing I wasn't driving it or I would have been literally hysterical crying along the side of the road, oh well.
    Ours isn`t acting like that. Sometimes when it shifts gears it jerks or makes a clunking noise. We never know when it will act up. Mechanic said it`s nothing that will leave me sitting beside the road so that makes me feel better since I`m usually out by myself. It didn`t do it at all today...other days it will happen a bunch of times. Oh the joys of owning a car! Hubby was a mechanic so he used to do a lot of the work himself but can`t anymore because of his eyesight. He never did do anything with transmissions either.

I really think I`ve been doing too much crocheting...sitting too long without taking a break. I`ve started doing stretching exercises and it seems to be helping.
    Last edited by Crochetlady; Mon, Nov 25th, 2013 at 10:08 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

thanks crochetlady for the kind words -the funeral I saturday at 10.00-so have to get up early so can hit shoppers early for the redemption-off to do laundry when its cheaper

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Car troubles suck, I remember with my old car it got to the point where we had to start looking at if the repairs were costing more than the car was worth.

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Hi All, Mechanic spoke with dh and he thinks it's the transmission by dh's explanation but will call us when he has time to look at it later this week. Since I don't venture out driving very often because of my medical issues we will not be replacing the vehicle/car at this time, perhaps down the road when my ocd becomes more bearable/under control and hopefully by then we will be able to afford a 2nd vehicle if it's needed. We spend most of the summer at the cottage so again just 1 vehicle used during the summer so no 2nd one required. DH has agreed to take me shopping Saturday evenings to do groceries or will pick odds & ends up after work when need be. Sounds like we will be getting around 15-20 cms of snow come Tuesday evening through Wednesday.....eeekkk. I will be sending dh out tomorrow after or before work to get my oldest son's birthday presents.
    Hope your back feels better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post

So Sorry to hear about your friend's husband.

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Tonight I will be doing tons of laundry since nothing got done on the weekend or last night. Noticed a load in the wash so I guess I better re-wash it. I should know better lol. Going to my mom's for dinner tonight since my sister is in town so no cooking yeah! Will have to figure out the meal plan for the week once I get home tonight. Have fresh broccoli for veggie so will plan to have that with a roast in the slow cooker Thursday night. I will be not getting home till 8 tomorrow night so will tell Grandma to make the boys pizza. Keep it simple for her. And I think a Turkey on the weekend!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Not sure if I will get much done tonight, might go and do some grocery shopping since I did not make it out on the weekend. We will see how it goes at the doctor first, I am going for another reason (other than my on going fight with this infection, which knock on wood may have cleared with the last treatment, a girl can dream) but still it is an issue we have discussed before and really did not come to resolve on, just another wait and see what happens. Hoping all goes well and he has some options for me, but that is usually not the way my luck goes, I feel like I am a real mystery to the medical profession some days, I have had a number of issues no one could ever figure out and most of the time I end up in a wait and see holding pattern.

Last night I got some more dishes done (I am seriously fighting a losing battle with dishes in my house lately) and got the bathroom cleaned. I should have done more dishes but my hands just could not take anymore water and cleaner and since I cannot wear gloves to clean I decided to call it a night instead. Does anyone else have an issue wearing gloves when cleaning? When I wear them I drop everything which is not good when washing dishes, too many times I have been lucky what I dropped did not break so now I just refuse to wear gloves.
    Crochetlady and jasperandchar like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Back to bringing my coffee to work in the morning. Was feeling rushed so just grabbed Timmies but I really don't like it and it's a waste of time/money so back in the habit. I have tons of coffee beans that I got for a steal.

Page 58 of 70 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 ... LastLast

Thread Information