User Tag List

Page 40 of 70 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast
Like Tree4165Likes

Thread: Remember to be Frugal - November Frugal Chatter

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MaddensMomma View Post
    A car tried to come in the parking spot next to me... well I was standing there so DH could get in and boost me instead of pushing the car out... well he laid on his horn for a good minute because I didn't move.

He kept inching his car forward until he finally bumped into me with his car. I was PISSED. I was waiting for him to get out of his car so I could lay into him and tell him I had an 8 week old in the car freezing her ass off and really didn't feel like waiting another hour with her in the freezing cold for him to get in to see the doctor and come move his car again.

Instead he rolled his window down and said he was videotaping everything. I said good then I guess I'll have evidence when the police get here because you hit me with your &$@%#* car. He said that he would just deny everything and have me arrested for filing a false police report.

I was SHAKING by the time hubby showed up. He tried to calm me down, didn't work...
    What an insensitive jerk! He sounds like one of those people that slow down and take pictures of highway car accidents. Some people are just unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    Woohoo.. he's going home tomorrow. so pleased. so won't be on til the afternoon as Im heading up to help bring him home.
    just praying he stays healthy for a few weeks.
    That's wonderful! Lovely that you're going out to help your mom. Somehow, when it's helping others, it's not "chores", it's help. It sounds miles better.

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    yep asked my daughter-in-law if I can go over and watch "ashlyn" being bathed next time they bath her -she makes me so happy -I cant get in the xmas spirit this year -I miss my mom -her birthday is the end of this month -the library is having a counsellor at a certain library in my city on nov27-coping with the holidays and grief -I may go its from 10.30 til 12 -I told my hubby -I don't think he understands -but some days I am sad still -I guess it will take time -I am so glad my daughter offered to have xmas (boxing day ) at her &hubby condo in Toronto -in fact she said she is not having turkey -it wont fit in her small oven -who cares it shows she cares about me - I just talked to her tonight and she is flying to Washington on Wednesday with her job -so I wont hear form her til Thursday night -I feel she is thinking about me-she is helping me do a resume -but I am not ready to go back to work yet in the new year at some point -people just don't get it sometimes -I had my mom live with us for 6 and a half years ( her girlfriend understands what I am going thru she is kind and caring )anyway thanks for listening everybody -my sc friends truly are nice to chat to also-wish we all lived in the same community and we could get together for a tea( I don't drink coffee)well I tell you one thing I am glad a met my friend anna Michele that's on here -she lives 7 minutes away and the new girl I met last month in target -now I am inviting her over for a coffee next month -she is new and its all overwhelming to her-but I will help her enjoy couponing(we met yesterday again in tim hortons)
    About Ashlyn, aww.... Mine loves having her hair washed. She screams like the dickens when she's having a bath, but once you get to her hair, it's pure heaven. Too cute!

I hope you get out to the library for the seminar and maybe little Ashlyn can help you with your Christmas grief. Little ones have a knack for that.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

just catching up ladies, its been a hellish few days but some hard choices have been made and Christmas is going to be different this year for us too but not from a death. My brothers marriage is ending after 27 yrs together and with two children (just teens so both at home). Its such a mess and only beginning. Since he will be starting over I have been looking at my stock pile and starting a box for him, it has helped me to feel productive because for the past few days I have felt pretty helpless.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Coupongirl: You should look into the free program the library is offering, the 1st anything after a death is hard and you are about have your mom's 1st birthday and Christmas. It never hurts to have too much support in times like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

thanks for the input everyone - sweet sparrow you are so right that babies are too cute -and they have a knack for making us happy-my son just called and she is screaming -but then again I went thru that the other night(when we babysat) -it was telling me its rough some nights -yep parenthood is a hard job I told him-and lilo thanks for the help -nice of you to be there for your brother-my brother and his wife -their marriage ended at 25 years of course he hasn't been in my life for 6 and a half years-so its a different storey -but you feel for the teens I am sure too-hard all around this time of you

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    yep asked my daughter-in-law if I can go over and watch "ashlyn" being bathed next time they bath her -she makes me so happy -I cant get in the xmas spirit this year -I miss my mom -her birthday is the end of this month -the library is having a counsellor at a certain library in my city on nov27-coping with the holidays and grief -I may go its from 10.30 til 12 -I told my hubby -I don't think he understands -but some days I am sad still -I guess it will take time -I am so glad my daughter offered to have xmas (boxing day ) at her &hubby condo in Toronto -in fact she said she is not having turkey -it wont fit in her small oven -who cares it shows she cares about me - I just talked to her tonight and she is flying to Washington on Wednesday with her job -so I wont hear form her til Thursday night -I feel she is thinking about me-she is helping me do a resume -but I am not ready to go back to work yet in the new year at some point -people just don't get it sometimes -I had my mom live with us for 6 and a half years ( her girlfriend understands what I am going thru she is kind and caring )anyway thanks for listening everybody -my sc friends truly are nice to chat to also-wish we all lived in the same community and we could get together for a tea( I don't drink coffee)well I tell you one thing I am glad a met my friend anna Michele that's on here -she lives 7 minutes away and the new girl I met last month in target -now I am inviting her over for a coffee next month -she is new and its all overwhelming to her-but I will help her enjoy couponing(we met yesterday again in tim hortons)
    I totally understand Coupongirl. It's been 3 and 1/2 years since my Dad passed and seeing all the allsorts and After Eights out for Christmas remind me of him so much! Sometimes I think of picking up a package for him and then remember I can't give it to him.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Took DS to Sportchek to get the 3 last pieces of hockey equipment that he needed since his other stuff was getting small. Everything was 40-60% off then saved another 20% off when I bought 3 pieces so not bad at all Dinner is done and kitchen cleaned and even baked some cookies for dessert (ready made lol $2 at SS) Just hanging with my little one in the family room but will start getting things ready for tomorrow soon and hopefully start on my storage room. Even if I empty 1 box or something its a start.
    Glad to hear that hockey stuff is on sale at Sportchek. My son needs new shin pads. He got hurt on Saturday and that is when we measured and realized his shin pads were 3 inches too small. This kid will not stop growing!!!!! He loves it though as it means he gets new hockey gear every single year

I will check the one in Barrie today.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

LUNCHMATE code SPVF-146921-QWFN Free for the taking
    scrapbookingoasis likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cdngal75 View Post
    Glad to hear that hockey stuff is on sale at Sportchek. My son needs new shin pads. He got hurt on Saturday and that is when we measured and realized his shin pads were 3 inches too small. This kid will not stop growing!!!!! He loves it though as it means he gets new hockey gear every single year

I will check the one in Barrie today.
    When I was in London for a tournament a few weeks ago they had stuff marked down to $10 but DS didn't feel like shopping! I should have just grabbed stuff and tried on him later and returned if it didn't fit. I wish I bought more of the $50 Sportcheck gc at staples for $40 awhile back. I used them last night but now I'm out. Made it an even better deal.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Well my youngest woke up at 1:30 am puking his guts out. So an unplanned day off today but will try and get a little done in my stockroom after I get his laundry going. I didn't sleep at all since he had to crawl in with me and puked again at 230 and then I was worried it wasn't over. He's feeling better this morning but will be resting all day. So once I get my 9th grader off I am starting laundry and grabbing a few boxes to start sorting.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

LUNCHMATE code SPVF-146921-QWFN Free for the taking
    thank you
    Crochetlady and blueeyetea like this.
    Collecting Campbell's soup labels for our school RAKs greatly appreciated.
    Using WagJag for great deals!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

When I was in London for a tournament a few weeks ago they had stuff marked down to $10 but DS didn't feel like shopping! I should have just grabbed stuff and tried on him later and returned if it didn't fit. I wish I bought more of the $50 Sportcheck gc at staples for $40 awhile back. I used them last night but now I'm out. Made it an even better deal.
    I will have to keep an eye out for gift card deals. I never think to look for stuff like that. You are really good at finding deals.
    I tried the Lunchmate code but someone snagged it already....darn it! Thanks for posting it though.
    Crochetlady and jasperandchar like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Coupon Girl, it can be really rough to get over losing someone. My Nanny passed away last year so this will be our second Christmas without her (she is also the last of my mom's local immediate family, her brother lives in Calgary and the only time he came back was when Nanny was sick and than again for her memorial). It was extremely hard on everyone but mostly Mom. My Nanny LOVED Christmas and decorating and just everything to do with the Holiday. So to have Christmas and not have the phone calls or the show n tell (what she called it, she loved to go shopping and come over and show you what she got and telling you what she was going to do with it and all the ideas she had) was hard. Like BigFrugalMama said seeing all the things she loved fruitcake, it was hard to not have to buy that last year.

This year mom has decided she does not want to be home for Christmas so we will be on a Cruise in the middle of the ocean. I think this is her way or avoiding everyone and the comments and phone calls. I know mom got really upset when everyone started calling her to console them on the fact Nanny was not with us, which I have to admit I found really cruel on my mom. We were trying to have a family Christmas and deal with the fact Nanny was not with us and Mom spent most of the day on the phone with people wanting Mom to make them feel better that Nanny was not with us. We understand everyone lost her but sometimes I feel people do not see the big picture. Everyone deals with loss in their own way and for my mom she just wanted to make it through the day with me and my bro.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Well my youngest woke up at 1:30 am puking his guts out. So an unplanned day off today but will try and get a little done in my stockroom after I get his laundry going. I didn't sleep at all since he had to crawl in with me and puked again at 230 and then I was worried it wasn't over. He's feeling better this morning but will be resting all day. So once I get my 9th grader off I am starting laundry and grabbing a few boxes to start sorting.
    2nd load of his sheets are in the wash. Sorted a few things while I was in there (looked through some old pictures that I found lol) Now DS wants to play scrabble since he saw all the games when we were in the storage room. So will play a game with him now

Scottishgal
    Trading Score
    480 (100%)

I totally understand Coupongirl. It's been 3 and 1/2 years since my Dad passed and seeing all the allsorts and After Eights out for Christmas remind me of him so much! Sometimes I think of picking up a package for him and then remember I can't give it to him.
    I use to always pick up my Dad Onion Rings when we returned from a trip ( Anywhere...even if just shopping out of town for the day ) and he would be so Thankful. Came home from a trip a few months after he passed and I bought the Onion Rings, walked out to the car, then it hit me. He's gone. Strange.....I'd forgot for a minute...I sat in the car and ate them and thought to myself....These are for you Pops

Scottishgal
    Trading Score
    480 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone Well, so far my Frugal November is doing ok. Last night when the family wanted to know whats for supper I pointed out the calendar on the side of fridge. Love it Just a long stick on writing pad with Monday-Sunday on it (Longer but shorter then a large white envelope) Picked it up at the Dollar Store. It has about 50 peel of sheets on it so will be good for months. This way everyone knows whats for supper. Soooooo....Fish, Baked Potatoes and Creamed Peas. ( haven't had peas for years and then the last couple of weeks I've been craving them. Mom used to make this when we were kids and I didn't like them. Now I love them. Strange how tastes change or maybe just the cold weather

Page 40 of 70 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast

Thread Information