User Tag List

Page 82 of 103 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1531
Like Tree8252Likes

Thread: Ring in the Savings - January 2014 Frugal Chatter thread

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I am very frustrated and upset right now. I phoned provincial student loans three times while filling out my application online this morning. It was when I was finally talking with the third person that I found out that I have wasted the last two hours doing the WRONG application. The other people were WRONG. I now have to print off this short application and do it instead (because part-time students cannot apply online). I teach this afternoon and am taking the class tonight. I am still behind in my readings.

I am now on hold to my university because I have to get documents from them for this new application.
    Angela sorry to hear that you were wrongly informed, how frustrating, hope everything works out shortly.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@ Mrs. S. you mentioned your dh made the pies yesterday, does he have an easy pie crust recipe, or does anyone have an easy pie dough recipe for fruit pies, thanks
    Crochetlady and macw1960 like this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

LOL @ Nancy.. ya its called Farmers market.. he just baked them. but my word.. so freakin good.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    LOL @ Nancy.. ya its called Farmers market.. he just baked them. but my word.. so freakin good.
    I thought he made them himself but none the less good for him for baking them & I bet they are yummy

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

he is talented enough to make them..but no.. they are really good. he baked up two. not much left of the first one.
    im debating on heading up to the store. im dealing with a bit of a headache.
    maybe just wait until tomorrow morning spend this afternoon tidying the laundry.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Apple crisp and apple crumble pie (using a Keebler pie crust) hope it turns out okay.

Looks like the canned apples are really coming in handy with these apple crisps (time saver and the apples were free).

Dh, Logan and I are already planning our apple picking in the fall.

Macaroni casserole is in the oven and just need to pop the pizza in before the young lads get home as they don't eat macaroni casserole .

I don't know any kids besides mine that don't like pasta in any shape or form

I am defrosting my chicken breast for the bbq tomorrow.

Will fold the last basket of laundry before the boys get home and put them away.

Got a call from La-Z-Boy for my credit card # for the refund....... I tell ya I can't wait to get that couch out of the house and not have to worry about something else happening to it.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

he is talented enough to make them..but no.. they are really good. he baked up two. not much left of the first one.
    im debating on heading up to the store. im dealing with a bit of a headache.
    maybe just wait until tomorrow morning spend this afternoon tidying the laundry.
    Be still my heart a man that is able to make pies . Hope your headache goes away soon. Unless you really need something like MILK again then it can wait until tomorrow.
    Crochetlady and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

LMAO no he made sure I had Milk..
    i think i'll just take a couple of Advil be good as new in an hour.

oh the things he can do would shock your heart. LOL
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Anyone Want to post the

Question of the Day????

and/or

Inquiring Minds Want to Know!!!
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

LMAO no he made sure I had Milk..
    i think i'll just take a couple of Advil be good as new in an hour.

oh the things he can do would shock your heart. LOL
    You never told us ladies you were married to an angel , what a great guy you sure are lucky to have each other.

Take those advil now before you forget, I hate when I do that
    me - I have a headache, I better go get some advil then I get distracted an 1 hour later I'm like duh I need to take advil.....

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well hubby had the day off work -no school bus run -too cold and windy I guess with a bit of snow
    -so he took his car in windshield wiper motor burnt out we dont have a big garage-plus he has back problems -o there goes some unexpected money -oh well I a buying less-i may venture out in the morning and go to fortinos (get a few p.c points deals )and something for dessert for supper(having my son/hiswife and ashlyn over for supper on Tuesday
    -did a load of laundry this morning-helped hubby shovel a little(it wasnt the heavy stuff girls)
    -went thu a junk drawer -donated 3 bags to diabetes on my front step
    -oh and cleaned the kitchen cupboard doors(went thru my tea cupboard and put some spices I jars)
    popped a pizza in the oven
    -now i may read a bit and drink my apple tea(from harrods-london a xmas gift from my daughter)

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

QOTD-- hm how about often do you take apart taps to really clean em down deep.?
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Granger- Wasn't your original offer with the condition of selling your home? If so then offering less isn't going to help you I wouldn't think. I had a for less then asking offer plus condition of selling their home on my rental property and I didn't even sign back. (I had tenants lined up to rent it) I didn't want to be stuck with an empty house since the buyer could pull his offer saying his house didn't sell etc. Any offer in my experience with conditions isn't ideal compared to a no conditions offer.
    Yes we had condition of sale. Condition was 1 month to sell or offer becomes null, plus seller could still show home and take offers. In my eyes we are taking the risk, because if they have another offer we would have 24 hours to remove our conditions or the offer becomes void in lieu of the better one.

I appreciate your perspective as we only have the perspective of a buyer. So thank you for your thoughts. Once my realtor fully explained what the "condition of sale of home" offer meant, it took away it's taboo for me.

I ask about offering less if we got another chance, because the offer was already more than we want to pay, but we really like the home.

QOTD-- hm how about often do you take apart taps to really clean em down deep.?
    Every two years???
    Last edited by Granger; Mon, Jan 27th, 2014 at 03:43 PM.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Apple crisp and apple crumble pie (using a Keebler pie crust) hope it turns out okay.

Looks like the canned apples are really coming in handy with these apple crisps (time saver and the apples were free).

Dh, Logan and I are already planning our apple picking in the fall.

Macaroni casserole is in the oven and just need to pop the pizza in before the young lads get home as they don't eat macaroni casserole .

I don't know any kids besides mine that don't like pasta in any shape or form

I am defrosting my chicken breast for the bbq tomorrow.

Will fold the last basket of laundry before the boys get home and put them away.

Got a call from La-Z-Boy for my credit card # for the refund....... I tell ya I can't wait to get that couch out of the house and not have to worry about something else happening to it.
    My oldest will not eat pasta at all. We plan pasta night and I just give him something else

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    Yes we had condition of sale. Condition was 1 month to sell or offer becomes null, plus seller could still show home and take offers. In my eyes we are taking the risk, because if they have another offer we would have 24 hours to remove our conditions or the offer becomes void in lieu of the better one.

I appreciate your perspective as we only have the perspective of a buyer. So thank you for your thoughts. Once my realtor fully explained what the "condition of sale of home" offer meant, it took away it's taboo for me.

I ask about offering less if we got another chance, because the offer was already more than we want to pay, but we really like the home.

Every two years???
    We lost a house once when we put an offer on it with no conditions but the house had an offer with conditions. So they liked ours and gave the other couple the 24 hrs to remove conditions and they did!!! They took a risk and hadn't sold their house yet. We were bummed but then found a better house (we built one) for cheaper and it was bigger/better and a better neighbourhood. I believe everything happens for a reason.

Page 82 of 103 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 ... LastLast

Thread Information