User Tag List

Page 92 of 103 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1531
Like Tree8252Likes

Thread: Ring in the Savings - January 2014 Frugal Chatter thread

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Here's the link to the voting thread for February 2014 Frugal chatter thread !!!

Voting will close tomorrow

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/377365-...thread-canada/
    macw1960 and SassyAshley like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Last school day of the week here since tomorrow is a PA day. At least I don't have to make lunches lol. And they really sucked this week. I am going to have to think and get very creative next week and make up for it. I brought the fixings to make a toasted turkey sandwich on rye for lunch today. Then will either hit Marks or RCSS to see if they have re-stocked the Kashi cereal. Tonight we have hockey but will make myself put a load in the wash and hang it to dry when done. That will be my only chore. Tacos for dinner and everything is ready for that just have to heat up the meat (oldest will fend for himself. I will bring dinner to my hockey player so he can eat at the arena before he hits the ice!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Nancy I so feel you on the working out, I just cannot get into working out in the winter.

As well if when the doctor said that you wanted to slap him, I completely get it. Last time I went to see my doc about female issues the intern said you know if you lose 20 lbs this might go away and well I may have gotten a little y with him.

But I do have to say as much as what he said was not what you wanted to hear it must be nice to have a doctor that is listening to you and helping.

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    So apparently the problem with my armpits can easily be solved by losing 20-30 pounds , good grief, I guess it's good news. But if the weight does not help I will have to go for surgery to remove all sweat glands .

So I guess I will need to make some lifestyle changes, baby steps, I have posted on a face book page that I am looking for a stationary exercise bike. I hate walking so that is not an option and besides it too darn cold these days.

My biggest problem is that I never eat breakfast and rarely have lunch but have a big supper so I guess I will need to make some changes with respect to my meal consumptions well that's a start
    Hop everything gets sorted for you soon.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    just when i thought everything was going well.. i go to start laundry, turn on the taps. and it leaks. back to square one tomorrow with a bunch of calls.
    I would be afraid they would not take off enough (that happened to me one year) and I would end up with a huge bill in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by macw1960 View Post
    A different point of view.

I know everyone seems to be excited about getting an income tax refund but have you ever thought about getting your tax deductions lowered? You can either have extra money to live on, pay off bills faster or just put it in a separate bank account. I am only pointing this out as I said in a previous post that the government is borrowing your money and giving you hardly any interest at all yet they charge you much more.

I plan on getting DH's tax rate changed for this year as we are in a whole new situation because of my health and we plan on using the extra to pay down our LOC.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Here's the link to the voting thread for February 2014 Frugal chatter thread !!!

Where has January gone!
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-just updated my trade list

-waiting to call dentist(has anyone ever had dry mouth) what do they do for it -driving me insane
    Last edited by coupon girl; Thu, Jan 30th, 2014 at 10:30 AM.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

[QUOTE=SassyAshley;5805326]Nancy I so feel you on the working out, I just cannot get into working out in the winter.

As well if when the doctor said that you wanted to slap him, I completely get it. Last time I went to see my doc about female issues the intern said you know if you lose 20 lbs this might go away and well I may have gotten a little y with him.

But I do have to say as much as what he said was not what you wanted to hear it must be nice to have a doctor that is listening to you and helping.

I was not shocked that I should lose some weight but what shocked me was that he showed me the recommendation(s) from the dermatologist that suggested the weight loss 1st and if it doesn't go away surgery to remove all sweat glands. The biggest shock of all was that my other doctor never mentioned specifically losing weight to clear up the problem which makes me mad.

I have been told in the past to lose some weight and I would feel better with regards to my mental health but never told that it would clear up the armpit problems.....arg....

Dh wants to lose weight so now he is all....no pop in the house, no chips, no chocolate....blah blah.....if it's in the house he can't resist where I can and to be honest I still would like to allow myself a treat on the weekend something more yummy than the bland diet we will be having not going to chow down on a bag of chips or drink 2L pop bottle myself but you know what I mean.

I am hoping to be able to track down a cheap used stationary bike so I can peddle my ass off , I always like biking so I know I would use it but don't want to spend a fortune on buying one so fingers crossed I find one soon.

Does anyone have any suggestions for healthy breakfast preferably with protein to kick start the day and low carbs....I'm a carb junkie I am the 1st to admit it. Last time I cut out my carbs the weight was falling off or so it seemed but then I went back to my beloved carbs which are evil and so cheap and yummy .

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post

-waiting to call dentist(has anyone ever had dry mouth) what do they do for it -driving me insane
    coupon girl wouldn't dry mouth be looked at by a doctor and not a dentist.....drink more water just kidding but what about a lozenge/candy to keep your mouth moist, you could also call the pharmacy and ask them, hope you get some answers
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Thu, Jan 30th, 2014 at 10:44 AM.
    Crochetlady and macw1960 like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

bump

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I do not suffer dry mouth so I do not know if it works but I saw a commercial last week for I think it was Brandspark advertising a mouth wash for dry mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post

I agree with keeping some "snack" foods in the house. I find if I just tell myself I cannot eat them at all is when I end up binge on them which is even worse. I am really trying to become all about moderation which is hard.

Not sure what you like to eat but would something like breakfast wraps with eggs that you can make ahead appeal to you or maybe overnight oatmeal that would be in the fridge and you just have to pull it out and eat it?

[QUOTE=jasperandchar;5805351]
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Nancy I so feel you on the working out, I just cannot get into working out in the winter.

I was not shocked that I should lose some weight but what shocked me was that he showed me the recommendation(s) from the dermatologist that suggested the weight loss 1st and if it doesn't go away surgery to remove all sweat glands. The biggest shock of all was that my other doctor never mentioned specifically losing weight to clear up the problem which makes me mad.

I have been told in the past to lose some weight and I would feel better with regards to my mental health but never told that it would clear up the armpit problems.....arg....

Dh wants to lose weight so now he is all....no pop in the house, no chips, no chocolate....blah blah.....if it's in the house he can't resist where I can and to be honest I still would like to allow myself a treat on the weekend something more yummy than the bland diet we will be having not going to chow down on a bag of chips or drink 2L pop bottle myself but you know what I mean.

I am hoping to be able to track down a cheap used stationary bike so I can peddle my ass off , I always like biking so I know I would use it but don't want to spend a fortune on buying one so fingers crossed I find one soon.

Does anyone have any suggestions for healthy breakfast preferably with protein to kick start the day and low carbs....I'm a carb junkie I am the 1st to admit it. Last time I cut out my carbs the weight was falling off or so it seemed but then I went back to my beloved carbs which are evil and so cheap and yummy .
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Jasper- Awesome that he is on board!! And egg on an English muffin is a great breakfast! And you can make the eggs in advance so you don't have to cook them every morning.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@ Ashley & frugalbigmomma thanks for the suggestions, here's a silly question

I know Oatmeal is a grain but is it a carb?

I also have problems with portion control as I don't mind using measuring cups but can't be bothered to weight stuff. But who eats 1 cup of cereal in all reality , I just grab the bowl and fill but I guess I have to change my ways.

I love eggs but I am on the border of high chlorestoral (spelling) so I don't know if I should be eating to many eggs, any advice?

I also find that bread products are so high in calories which sucks, 2 slices of villagio bread is 180 calories not including the toping....sigh

I also read that 1 banana along with eggs is great.

I also heard that apples are not a fruit that should be over indulged, anyone else hear this?
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Thu, Jan 30th, 2014 at 12:01 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Fruit is high in sugar for the most part so they are usually to be limited when trying to lose weight. And best to be consumed earlier in the day.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-I asked my dentist -cause this problem is from them -and they recommened a spray 14.49 at shoppers -uggg but bought it anyway-cause I hate this feeling in my mouth-plus sips of water stay away from juice and pop-hope it goes away soon

-sassy and jasper I am trying to keep my weightdown -lost 20 pounds about 2 years ago put 6 backon -it such an uphill battle-I us wnt to bulk store and bough a few things ls a small tinybit of bridge mixture for me I just shared it with hubby(hubby said why did you buy it ) caue I love chocolate
    -I feel when I lost my mom last march -its harder to stay focused
    -plus its been too cold to walk
    -its hard too when going thu memopause - am sure

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I love eggs but I am on the border of high chlorestoral (spelling) so I don't know if I should be eating to many eggs, any advice?

I also find that bread products are so high in calories which sucks, 2 slices of villagio bread is 180 calories not including the toping....sigh

I also heard that apples are not a fruit that should be over indulged, anyone else hear this?
    Yup it is a carb, but having said that it is a whole grain(not the sugar filled packets!!). I try to stick to healthy whole grain carbs 3 times a week.I refuse to deprive myself and eat unrealistically and then I fall of the wagon. Bigmamama is correct an English muffin has less calories than bread and I find a half of one will satisfy that carb craving, I also have a bit of a cholesterol issue so I will scramble one egg and put in a couple of egg whites which is a great source of protein with very few calories, or you can use the egg white cartons if you don't like throwing out the yolk, which is what I do. Also if I am craving a crunchy snack I will have special K or rice krispies with skim milk and no sugar, because it is made of rice I don't get that wheat bloat!!
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Thu, Jan 30th, 2014 at 12:47 PM.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

It does look like oatmeal is a carb.

I know I have issues with portion control because I also do not measure anything and to be honest do not have the patients for that, why I am also bad at calorie counting. I have found one of the easiest things to do is use smaller plates and bowls. For dinner instead of using a dinner plate I use the smaller plate (not sure of their name) and for bowls unless it is salad or veggies I grab a prep bowl out of the cupboard and use that.

Eggs I am not sure on there are so many mixed reviews on good for you, bad for you. I personally am not a fan of eggs, once in a blue moon I eat hard boiled eggs and that is it.

I find personally all of the so called diet food I can't/don't eat. They say to eat egg whites, beans, avocado and various other foods that are in every diet cookbook all of which I cannot or do not eat.

I also have problems with portion control as I don't mind using measuring cups but can't be bothered to weight stuff. But who eats 1 cup of cereal in all reality , I just grab the bowl and fill but I guess I have to change my ways.

Page 92 of 103 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 ... LastLast

Thread Information