Page 102 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1531
Like Tree8252Likes

Thread: Ring in the Savings - January 2014 Frugal Chatter thread

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Inquiring Minds Want to Know!!!

For those of you that have garages do you park your vehicles in there or all they full of other stuff?
    Our garage is full of crap but hubby always makes room for the car in winter. He knows I`d be one ticked off mama if he didn`t. lol

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    Wasn`t me. I think maybe MrsSunshine?

oopsies (lol) you are right as Mrs. S. just posted on the thread
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Votes so far, if anyone who hasn't voted and follows the thread please post or pm me with your choice.

x6 Frugal February-the sequel

x 5 Fired Up For February's Finds

8x Frugal February-the sequel

updated
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Mon, Feb 3rd, 2014 at 09:10 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    So, so, so, so disappointed with my new kitchenaid food processor. I could cry.

Like a few of us, I got it on TSC at the beginning of January. I've used it maybe 6 times now. The lid is awful. Aside from all the nooks and crannies, it collects food along the rim. I could live with that, but across the top of the lid there is this black strip. Well, crap is getting in there and getting trapped. Already. And you can't take it apart to clean it out. And when I'm shredding it keeps shutting off. I think the lid is popping up and it shuts off as a fail safe because if I lift the large pusher and put it back, it starts up again (so its not overheating). I'm gonna call kitchenaid on monday. But I'm super bummed. Super bummed is an understatement.
    I get so upset when i buy something that doesn't meet my expectations. i hope you can get some answers from KA.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Ashley nice job on the grocery budget, I wish mine was that low!!

JasperandChar, congratulations on all the accomplishments this weekend, it feels so good when those projects that have been put off finally get done.

We have a double garage but we both drive big vehicles so they both don't fit. We do have room for one though which we use...thank goodness for command start with the winter we have had.

Was a crazy weekend, I ended up sitting in emerg all Friday night with my 16 year old. He had a doozy of a cough and he just couldn't get enough air so off we went. they treated him with steroids and a new type of puffer for his asthma so it is much better today.
    I baked all day Saturday, made pita bread cheese buns and pepperoni cheese sticks.
    Today was batch cooking day we made a beautiful vegetarian Dal Pak soup, ricotta and spinach lasagna roll ups and pulled pork.I definitely have dishpan hands but will enjoy eating from the items all packaged in the freezer!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Or if your CT is like mine the moment you ask for the rain cheque they find some lol.
    Mine does that to me too! They have to call four different people and search three different departments for it though.

Quote Originally Posted by macw1960 View Post
    I was below our budget for groceries this month also at $261.58 and coupons used $67.40. It would have been more but I don't count GC's or PC points anymore as the go straight on the LOC. Already managed to put another $30.00 on it yesterday.
    Very proud of you! It'll be gone in no time!

January seems to have been a good month all around for food and I have no idea as to why this month is so different than other months. Our grocery budget was $146.27.

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Will they give me one on that? Because I really want another one! Ok, I will go back tomorrow and if they don't have them back instock the I will ask for one, Thanks!
    If you go to their website, at the very top of the page, there's a store finder that will tell you how many units they have in stock.

For those of you that have garages do you park your vehicles in there or all they full of other stuff?
    Our vehicle is parked in the garage. It saves DH valuable time in not having to clear his car in the morning, and also for security reasons, so people can't readily tell when we're home/not home.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Was a crazy weekend, I ended up sitting in emerg all Friday night with my 16 year old. He had a doozy of a cough and he just couldn't get enough air so off we went. they treated him with steroids and a new type of puffer for his asthma so it is much better today.
    That's terrible to hear. I'm glad he's feeling better.

Dh is finishing hooking up our laundry sink that has been in the basement for the past 6 years waiting to be connected (funny he's a plumber by trade) but he's catching up on all those odds & ends projects that have been put off forever, this is the year to get er done in our house anyways that's the plan. He cleaned out his workshop and the hallways are clutter free again . After school tomorrow the boys will haul the stuff away from my laundry machines and move the tools and such to the garage...yippee..out of the house .
    I didn't do any baking today as dh wanted me to keep him company while he was going through stuff and fixing the laundry sink. SO tomorrow will be my baking day...time will tell...my Logan is in baked goods withdrawals .
    I'm jealous at all the clearing out at your house. We visited family yesterday, but I managed to get two loads of laundry scrubbed and hung to dry. That and getting out grocery shopping was my main accomplishment this week. It may not sound like much but I'm quite proud!

We're almost finished a large container of laundry detergent and I'm eager to have it in the recycling bin. I don't know why, but large containers with a wee bit left in them bother me.

Trading Score
    450 (100%)

Our cars are never in the garage.
    It's full of other stuff.
    Trade List /Wishlist: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/382792-dreamcatcher1962s-trade-wish-lists-canada/#post5928904

Trading Score
    450 (100%)

If you are still taking votes on the title for February, I'd go for Frugal February - The Sequel

Great news here, we made the last payment on my car the end of January
    Now both cars are paid for !
    Hopefully dh's car will last a little longer that we can save some of that $ to put towards his next car.
    His is a 2004 but is still running well. Fingers crossed
    Trade List /Wishlist: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/382792-dreamcatcher1962s-trade-wish-lists-canada/#post5928904

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I think you got the same one my mom has and she has never had a problem with it and we have had our a couple of years now. Granted we do not use it as much as we used too since it does not have a home in our kitchen yet this house has no counter space. I would call KA maybe there is a defect.

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    So, so, so, so disappointed with my new kitchenaid food processor. I could cry.

Like a few of us, I got it on TSC at the beginning of January. I've used it maybe 6 times now. The lid is awful. Aside from all the nooks and crannies, it collects food along the rim. I could live with that, but across the top of the lid there is this black strip. Well, crap is getting in there and getting trapped. Already. And you can't take it apart to clean it out. And when I'm shredding it keeps shutting off. I think the lid is popping up and it shuts off as a fail safe because if I lift the large pusher and put it back, it starts up again (so its not overheating). I'm gonna call kitchenaid on monday. But I'm super bummed. Super bummed is an understatement.
    We do not have a garage in our current house, but did at our old house. Mom would park her car in the garage and mine was left outside in the winter. In the summer we both parked in the drive way. I can say I can live without the garage would be nice to have especially since things like my tires are being stored at my Dad but oh what I would give for a driveway instead of a parking lot.

Hope your son's cold clears up quick.

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Ashley nice job on the grocery budget, I wish mine was that low!!

JasperandChar, congratulations on all the accomplishments this weekend, it feels so good when those projects that have been put off finally get done.

We have a double garage but we both drive big vehicles so they both don't fit. We do have room for one though which we use...thank goodness for command start with the winter we have had.

I baked all day Saturday, made pita bread cheese buns and pepperoni cheese sticks.
    Today was batch cooking day we made a beautiful vegetarian Dal Pak soup, ricotta and spinach lasagna roll ups and pulled pork.I definitely have dishpan hands but will enjoy eating from the items all packaged in the freezer!
    Congratulations on paying off both cars, hopefully it will last a little longer.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher1962 View Post
    If you are still taking votes on the title for February, I'd go for Frugal February - The Sequel

Hopefully dh's car will last a little longer that we can save some of that $ to put towards his next car.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    450 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Just picked up a few things today, only spent $10 and change. Would have been $25+ before coupons and PMing. And received 1200 PC plus points Went to fill up the propane tank and the price last year was $17 now the price is $20. Having steak and baked potatoes on the bbq with greek salad for dinner. Then a date at the movies. We have free admission coupons and coupons from the taco kits for free popcorn etc. Bringing a can of pop from home Free night

Just a suggestion for you on the propane refills.
    Look around for places that offer a free refill with every so many # purchases.
    We have a number of places locally that sell propane all different prices. The newest one , during the summer was selling it for $14.99 while all the others were $17 - $28.

The place that was selling it for $14.99 also had a refill card that got stamped every time you got a refill and after 4 stamps, the 5th refill is free.
    I was in there last week to get our free refill and noticed that their price has gone up to $17.99 but I am guessing that`s because it`s not BBQ Season.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

We have room in our single car garage for my car but we could use a double for DH's truck. The way our garage is built gives use storage shelves from floor to ceiling for stuff to store. It is really handy for DH's tools and some seasonal stuff.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher1962 View Post

Absolutely I will count your vote.

And congrats to having more cash now that you have no more car payments

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

8x Frugal February-the sequel

updated
    Frugal February-the sequel

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

here is the link to the Frugal February-the sequel

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/377593-...a/#post5809793

Page 102 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 LastLast

Thread Information