User Tag List

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree531Likes

Thread: What’s in Your Crock-Pot??? The 2014 Thread

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I've made this a few times...it's a big hit with the chocolate lover

Cake

1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® triple chocolate fudge cake mix 1 1/4 cups milk 1/2 cup vegetable oil 3 eggs
    Topping

1 box (4-serving size) instant chocolate pudding and pie filling mix 2 cups milk 1 bag (12 oz) milk chocolate chips (2 cups)

Directions

• 1 Spray 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In large bowl, beat Cake ingredients with electric mixer as directed on cake mix box. Pour into slow cooker.
    • 2 In medium bowl, beat pudding mix and 2 cups milk with whisk as directed on box. Pour into slow cooker over cake batter. Do not mix. Sprinkle chocolate chips over top.
    • 3 Cover; cook on Low heat setting 2 hours 30 minutes to 3 hours or until cake is set and pudding is beginning to bubble out of cake.
    Last edited by wifey; Thu, Jan 23rd, 2014 at 10:12 PM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I have some pork stir fry bits in the freezer from SOF and we're probably never going to use it for stir fry. If I put it in my crock with some bbq sauce, would the tidbits turn out like boneless ribs? Or at least tasty, to some extent? Can I even get that texture out of that part of the pork? I'm not the meat-preparer in this house, I have no idea what to do with these.

I just wanted to use some of my new Bullseye in case anyone couldn't tell.
    Snow In Summer likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Snow in Summer thank you for this thread. Love it, love it............... ..........
    Angela273, Zonny, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    I have some pork stir fry bits in the freezer from SOF and we're probably never going to use it for stir fry. If I put it in my crock with some bbq sauce, would the tidbits turn out like boneless ribs? Or at least tasty, to some extent? Can I even get that texture out of that part of the pork? I'm not the meat-preparer in this house, I have no idea what to do with these.

I just wanted to use some of my new Bullseye in case anyone couldn't tell.
    Not sure about rib flavour, but should be tasty for sure. Don't cook them too long though, especially with smaller pieces. Pork dries out.
    Angela273 and Snow In Summer like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Marking this thread for ideas

I dug out dh's old slow-cooker before Christmas to use for the first time. Had him make some chicken tacos (only three ingredients, so he could handle it) and they turned out great. The chicken was incredibly moist. Must use slow-cooker more often. I know lots of people that swear by theirs. Will do the tacos again, but will find a recipe to make my own seasoning, as that would hugely reduce the amount of sodium compared to the packaged stuff. And I probably have all the required spices at home already.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I have a mini crockpot that came with my big one. What do you use it for? Gravy?
    cath007 and Snow In Summer like this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Mama.. you could or spaghettie sauce..
    fondue.. or maybe just cook up a smaller meat.. a little roast or something.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    Mama.. you could or spaghettie sauce..
    fondue.. or maybe just cook up a smaller meat.. a little roast or something.
    ok thanks! It's pretty small. Guess good for a sauce

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

The mini ones are I think meant for dips and things, there's one called a Mini Dipper I think?

I have three crockpots, the smallest is bigger than that, but I use it when I just want to cook meat and no potatoes or anything with it. Right now I have this in my crockpot, and just realized I forgot to put in the ketchup!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Pork-Ch...e-Slow-Cooker/

Each Day is a Blessing... Snow In Summer's Avatar
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    The mini ones are I think meant for dips and things, there's one called a Mini Dipper I think?

I have three crockpots, the smallest is bigger than that, but I use it when I just want to cook meat and no potatoes or anything with it. Right now I have this in my crockpot, and just realized I forgot to put in the ketchup!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Pork-Ch...e-Slow-Cooker/
    Mmmmmm ... Looks great!!! Let us know how it turns out. I'm making pork this weekend too and there is absolutely no juice or broth in it, so yours might turn fine out without the Ketchup or you could always throw it in now.
    cath007 likes this.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Came across this recipe today surfing and started laughing my head off!!! Wondering what to do with all of that Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce in your stockpile? Here's an idea ...

http://www.food.com/recipe/sweet-bab...chicken-479196
    cath007 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I've made this several times, works great and DS loves it. I did toss in the ketchup after!
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow In Summer View Post
    Mmmmmm ... Looks great!!! Let us know how it turns out. I'm making pork this weekend too and there is absolutely no juice or broth in it, so yours might turn fine out without the Ketchup or you could always throw it in now.
    cath007 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I have a mini crockpot that came with my big one. What do you use it for? Gravy?
    I use mine for warm dips and I also use it for overnight steel cut oats. My large crockpot is too big for oats for just the two of us, the small one is perfect. I have also done a small pork tenderloin in the mini-crockpot -- put it in and dump barbecue sauce on it. Let it cook all day and shred with a fork when you get home for an easy meal of pulled pork sandwiches.
    Scottishgal, walkonby and cath007 like this.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

OMG!!! While surfing Amazon.ca today look at what I found!!! This is truly brilliant. I actually bought 2 today for Christmas Gifts (I know I'm crazy) but its such a great idea for anyone who has to pack a lunch. No more Ziploc bags and boring Sandwiches ... now you can send your family to work or school with a hot meal you made from your Crock-Pot!!!

It's also on sale now reg. $19.99 for $15.98 for the blue top but they also have the black top on sale for $17.98.

Here is where you can find it. http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B009...sc=1&s=kitchen

Name:  m_Lunch Crockpot.jpg
Views: 606
Size:  23.8 KB Name:  m_Black Lunch Crockpot.jpg
Views: 664
Size:  22.2 KB

Last edited by Snow In Summer; Sun, Jan 26th, 2014 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Mistake in pricing
    aussie, CrazyQT, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Snow In Summer View Post
    OMG!!! While surfing Amazon.ca today look at what I found!!! This is truly brilliant. I actually bought 2 today for Christmas Gifts (I know I'm crazy) but its such a great idea for anyone who has to pack a lunch. No more Ziploc bags and boring Sandwiches ... now you can send your family to work or school with a hot meal you made from your Crock-Pot!!!

It's also on sale now reg. $19.99 for $15.98 for the blue top but they also have the black top on sale for $17.98.

Here is where you can find it. http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B009...sc=1&s=kitchen

Name:  m_Lunch Crockpot.jpg
Views: 606
Size:  23.8 KB Name:  m_Black Lunch Crockpot.jpg
Views: 664
Size:  22.2 KB
    I must say, that is pretty cool! If I had a job where I had no microwave available, I would buy this.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information