User Tag List

Page 12 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree4317Likes

Thread: Frugal February-the sequel

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

that's too bad! I know you are in the bush too so would be taking a chance. I live right in town and I'm noticing I don't usually get mail Mondays or Fridays. Think my postal worker takes 4 day weekends!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I was going to post about them on this thread but thought people would have seen on the trade section. I will for sure post new coupons now so we are aware of what is out there.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I have new stamps to trade for baby coupons (not food) Baby is due mid June and I want to start getting diapers, wipes, baby wash etc
    Stamps?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

postage stamps

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Phew, made a simple dinner (grilled cheese and KD) and we are going to the movies so the kids can redeem coupons from the taco kits for free nachos/popcorn Have movie tickets and gift cards so a free night out.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    We saw an article a couple of weeks ago that said due to the fact that yet again Hydro One has been given permission to increase their rates no matter what you do your Hydro Bills will be going up.
    This lady on TLC Extreme Cheapskate keeps her hydro bill. Caution. This is extreme. And dangerous. Video: middle of page
    http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2013/10/extreme-cheapskates-season-2-sneak-peek-electricity-at-night.html

Last edited by Shwa Girl; Wed, Feb 5th, 2014 at 08:43 PM.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Happy Birthday Angela and hope your LO gets better so

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Nancy you are too funny i would say you have a great sense of humorWell i'm off to bed took a sleeping pill now i'm feeling the affects of it so good all
    Last edited by YOU AND ME; Wed, Feb 5th, 2014 at 09:04 PM.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Thank-you for the info! I have been collecting medical expenses on income tax for at least 6 years. We've been audited re: medical expenses 5 times in 6 years and I usually come out ahead. Although you're ALLOWED to claim these things, when you do, they make your life miserable. But I keep pressing to get all the claims I can. This info is not well known by a lot of people, so, thank-you for helping to spread the word.

Quote Originally Posted by Retiree View Post
    Avoncallingu, if things haven't changed, I believe you should be able to claim your hotel stay as a medical expense? When I had the bed and breakfast, I regularly gave our hospital visitors a paid invoice so they could claim their stay as medical expense on their income tax.

You can claim your parking expense, too, if your family travelled more than 40 km for the medical procedure. I'm not sure if meals work the same, but it would be worthwhile looking into.

I know it takes quite a few medical expenses to be able benefit on your income tax, but every little bit helps so it might be worth looking into.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Kept yourself busy is an understatement you are on a roll these days great job Mac and those type of days just fly by. I agree our snowbanks are pretty here as well I am so looking forward to spring/summer this year.

Hope you find lots of goodies from home to bring to consignment store and you are right where does the stuff keep coming from...
    It is amazing that I keep finding more stuff to take to the consignment store or donate as I have done this before. I guess that I am realizing that I just really don't need...some of does bring back memories though.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Youandme

Awesome job on the LOC!!!

SassyAshley

Enjoy your alone time and good luck on the cleaning and/or reorganizing.

Angela273

Happy Birthday again and hoping you had a wonderful dinner with DH.

I have load of laundry in the dryer which I am hoping will be dry before 7:00...I guess I am an extreme cheapstake. (watched the video) Funny thing is that I do this stuff at night too but not at that hour as DH works afternoons. Not sure what today's plans are yet other than make brownies. DH and I are off to Cambridge tomorrow as it will be MIL's birthday and we are taking her out to Swiss Chalet. She loves the chicken & rib combo.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,

Pretty sure today is going to be one very LONG day. I am really starting to hate the people who plow our parking lot at home (I posted a rant about it on the Rant Away Thread). Needless to say the last two dumpings they have only plowed the main isles so when you try to park you are getting stuck and I am pretty sure if we get one more dumping (which they are calling for this weekend) my little car may not get out of the parking lot. Sadly this is the least of my problems all of a sudden they have a snow blower which they use to clear the walk ways which is fine expect after Saturday's snow they showed at 4 am on Sunday to clear the snow waking me up running the snow blower in the court yard. Than again last night midnight they show up and run the snow blower in the court yard again. Of course both nights I was woken from a wonderful sleep and than could not get back to sleep. I was exhausted before I went to bed last night which is why I went to bed early (perfect timing home alone) only to be woken up at midnight and than not be able to get back to sleep.

Last night after work I started to clean the living room since I could watch one of my shows on PVR well I cleaned. I got a good chunk of it done but still a lot more to go. This weekend I am hoping to do a huge blog update with Photos my BB & Ipod have so many photos I need to move to my computer. As well I did some work on the bathroom although my plan for my samples/travel size bottles will not work so I am currently working on plan B. I now have a second bag packed for donations, I thought about trying to sell some of the stuff but I do not think it is worth it to try to sell clothes. I did join a few facebook groups that I am hoping to sell a few things on, mostly stuff I barely used or never used that was given to me but I do not have a use for.

Now I just need to make it through the day.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Snow blowing at midnight is insane and DH thought our neighbour was nuts doing it at 4:00...I guess there is always someone worse. Hope you get some sleep tonight. I wonder how many of us clean and watch/listen to the TV while cleaning? I know I do.

Laundry dried and I just need DH to wake up so I can put it away. Also entered all contests I wanted to enter today. For those of you on face book this is contest you may want to enter...I won an instant win of a Hamilton Beach Sandwich Maker on Monday...anxiously awaiting its arrival so I can use it.

Daily and hourly.
    Europe's Best

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I always have something going when I am at home in general. I do not like being in a silent house so the TV or music is always on but is an absolute must when I am cleaning. Although I usually listen to music when cleaning just because depending on my mood I know the TV can be too distracting.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by macw1960 View Post
    Snow blowing at midnight is insane and DH thought our neighbour was nuts doing it at 4:00...I guess there is always someone worse. Hope you get some sleep tonight. I wonder how many of us clean and watch/listen to the TV while cleaning? I know I do.

Laundry dried and I just need DH to wake up so I can put it away. Also entered all contests I wanted to enter today. For those of you on face book this is contest you may want to enter...I won an instant win of a Hamilton Beach Sandwich Maker on Monday...anxiously awaiting its arrival so I can use it.

Daily and hourly.
    Europe's Best
    Congrats on the win! I got one for our son for Christmas, and I want one, too!
    I only enter when that prize comes up, since you can only win once - and I won the blender last year.

Just so people know, if they don't have FB, they can enter here -

http://europesbest-pickthebest.ca/

Hope everyone has a great day! My back is still 'iffy', so I'm carefully not doing much... I'm getting pretty bored!

Page 12 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information