User Tag List

Page 47 of 61 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 ... LastLast
Like Tree4317Likes

Thread: Frugal February-the sequel

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

SassyAshley would you be able to share your stuffed pork loin/potato recipes?

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Ok time to catch so sorry for the long post.

Welcome, and yes moving can be very hard. We moved 3 years ago into the house we are in now and it really took awhile to get used to a new set of bills.

Happy to hear your BF is doing better and did not have a stroke. Sometimes you just need a pizza it is comfort food.

It shocks me what people will do. A few years ago we had issues with lunches from one fridge going missing at work. We have multiple fridges through out the building and have never had an issue but all of a sudden people were constantly complaining about parts of their lunches going misses. To this day we do not know who was taking it, but I mean really why would you touch someone else's lunch.

We do so many things some we keep as roasts (so good when stuffed with a potato stuffing) we will also cut into pork chops. As well like any meat I like to throw at least one in the slower cooker to turn into shredded meat for the freezer for quick meals later.

Hope you get over your cold quickly.

Oh man my Dad's cats where like this always bringing little presents home, turtles, rats, rabbits.

WOW I am envious of your canning and preserving great job.

That is horrible you never want to see children in a bad situation hopefully they will step in and take a good look.

fingers crossed for you

Congratulations

I am the same way when it comes to splurging we get service awards at my work at our company Christmas lunch the amount depends on how long you have been with the company you start getting them at 5 years. Every year mom teases me asking what I will spend mine on and every year it just goes in the bank.

I need to write a grocery list, think it is going to be a long one this week.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Well I guess we`re not having ribs for supper after all. Put them in the oven 3 hours ago, went to check them and realized I forgot to turn the oven on. This is not my day. lol

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I will post it shortly just need to confirm all of the spices we use with Mom, I have helped make it but never made it on my own.

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    SassyAshley would you be able to share your stuffed pork loin/potato recipes?
    I have so had those days, a couple weeks ago could not figure out why the oven was not coming up to temp it was because I never turned it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    Well I guess we`re not having ribs for supper after all. Put them in the oven 3 hours ago, went to check them and realized I forgot to turn the oven on. This is not my day. lol
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Could someone please keep me out of Target…I just can’t help myself. Today I picked up men’s degree for 1.49 and I had the 1.00 off coupon. So into the stash for my brother it goes. My rule is it must cost me less than a 1.00 before taxes. I took him a huge box last week and he did not believe the stuff got for nearly free. It is really helping him understand the idea of couponing and he is now using them on his own. I also found the John Frida frizz ease on for 3.67 and 2.47. The cashier put in both coupons at the full value of 3.00 so FREEEE for me.
    Not a frugal dinner as my teen & I went out for an earlier Thai supper. His brother is off to a Lacrosse game with DH & he (DS #2) hates Thai so this is our treat.
    DH and I spent the day shopping for fixtures as we are about to start the bathroom master bedroom reno. Our construction guy is great as we buy all the stuff (racking up the points) and he does all the work. So today it was Rona with 15% off bathrooms. Next it is flooring, but man I hate making these decisions.

Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    258 (100%)

So...well today has been a wild day. Hubby took car to the shop for an oil change and was informed the oil pan was cracked and leaking oil. $700 please!! WHAT!???!! Nope..nope..nope. The car's MVI is also due up the end of April and we already knew there was going to be about $2000 to put into fixing the car. Did I mention I hate cars? Then I stopped to think, how much is this car actually worth?

So..we went to look at cars. Turns out hubby is pre-approved and we can afford a 2013 Toyota Corolla for the same payment we have now, much lower interest rate and a really good warranty with very low mileage.

We're not sure what we are going to do..but pretty sure we might be getting a new car..

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

lilo so nice of you to help your brother out -I am helping my older brother with shopping and appt for his wife -they have less money and could use the help
    - I am dealing with pain from my crown that was done months ago(off and on the past few weeks) -hubby just did the dishes for me
    - I went to the dentist today and he gave me a prescription for a mouthrinse may help me may not
    - I do need a filling in close to front tooth(next week) -so that may be the problem -we are eliminating some things-I just felt so sad today cause I don't feel he is taking me seriously(mouth pain is awful )
    -anyway just had nice tea and it was soothing

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Checking in.

Putting another offer in on a house. It was the house my MIL grew up in. It is going to be hot so I am trying not to get my hopes up. Regardless, it may be time for us to put the sign on our lawn. If our offer is accepted, we have to sell. If it isn't, we want to be ready for the next one.

It would be so cool to live in this home because of the history for the family.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Fingers Crossed Granger!!!!! That would be so cool to get a home with family ties attached to it!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Wow lots to catch up on, I have been really busy working extra shifts and still fighting this sinus/ear infection, hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Making my first batch of vegetable broth. Not sure how I feel about it. It smells so gross! It smells like simmering veggies but still, it doesn't not smell yummy like the chicken broth usually does. We shall see. Not sure what I'll use it for now. I'm not convinced I can just substitute it for where I'd normally use chicken broth. Cause I think it will have a strong taste. hmmm....
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-good luck granger with the house

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Thanks! I have a hard time spending money (splurging) but figured this is when it should be done!
    Congrats on the raise and hope you enjoyed your treat.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-wowwwww just addedup my total groery blls this month spent on food/meat /cleaning or to add to my stockpile cheaper prices-nd only have spent 341.99 so far -yipeeee thats like 85 a week-finally i am underbudget -must be because I am only buying stuff I need or stocking up on really great prices matched with my coupons

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    Checking in.

Putting another offer in on a house. It was the house my MIL grew up in. It is going to be hot so I am trying not to get my hopes up. Regardless, it may be time for us to put the sign on our lawn. If our offer is accepted, we have to sell. If it isn't, we want to be ready for the next one.

It would be so cool to live in this home because of the history for the family.

Good luck with your bid.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    lilo so nice of you to help your brother out -I am helping my older brother with shopping and appt for his wife -they have less money and could use the help
    - I am dealing with pain from my crown that was done months ago(off and on the past few weeks) -hubby just did the dishes for me
    - I went to the dentist today and he gave me a prescription for a mouthrinse may help me may not
    - I do need a filling in close to front tooth(next week) -so that may be the problem -we are eliminating some things-I just felt so sad today cause I don't feel he is taking me seriously(mouth pain is awful )
    -anyway just had nice tea and it was soothing

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Page 47 of 61 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 ... LastLast

Thread Information