User Tag List

Page 26 of 49 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast
Like Tree3346Likes

Thread: March: Spring into Savings (frugal chatter)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Didn't spend much on the weekend, a few items we needed that was on sale (cheese bars). Also needed face cream and got one for free with SCOP

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    258 (100%)

Happy Monday everyone...I survived March Break. My god daughters came over from Wednesday to Sunday. Tons of fun doing lots of free things around the city. We used free passes to a museum, went swimming on my staff pass and went to the library for a Mad Science program. They also did homework, helped with chores, and read everyday.

The only downside was the missed hockey game. Hubby had traded in 4 of his unused tickets for redemption tickets and he couldn't find them!!! 10 minutes before we were supposed to leave....I was FURIOUS! Never did find the tickets, my office is trashed in his efforts to "find the tickets". The girls were very disappointed, but hubby managed to salvage the night by turning a Netflix movie on, making a bag of popcorn and root beer floats. Very very special treats indeed for our family.

Today, work and dentist. I dislike the dentist. I'm thinking about making some applesauce cookies. The pumpkin ones disappeared...quickly LOL.

Anyway, cleaning up my office and doing laundry...

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hydroxybutane View Post
    Happy Monday everyone...I survived March Break. My god daughters came over from Wednesday to Sunday. Tons of fun doing lots of free things around the city. We used free passes to a museum, went swimming on my staff pass and went to the library for a Mad Science program. They also did homework, helped with chores, and read everyday.

The only downside was the missed hockey game. Hubby had traded in 4 of his unused tickets for redemption tickets and he couldn't find them!!! 10 minutes before we were supposed to leave....I was FURIOUS! Never did find the tickets, my office is trashed in his efforts to "find the tickets". The girls were very disappointed, but hubby managed to salvage the night by turning a Netflix movie on, making a bag of popcorn and root beer floats. Very very special treats indeed for our family.

Today, work and dentist. I dislike the dentist. I'm thinking about making some applesauce cookies. The pumpkin ones disappeared...quickly LOL.

Anyway, cleaning up my office and doing laundry...
    Sounds like a great March break indeed, too bad about the hockey tickets and your office but it sounds like your dh turned things around pretty quickly to please .
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Well ended up finding the bin with my novels as I was re-reading a book that seemed too familiar so I have now packed up my read books and have them ready to go to the general store that puts the books out for folks like me to enjoy for free

Tidied up our bedroom a little, have 2 rubbermaids by the stairs for the boys to bring down for me and that's about it.

Hope sassyashley is okay like some other person posted a few weeks back as she has not been posting, let's hope she fine & doing well and enjoying life.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

oh hydroxy that sucks. but at least dh salvaged the night. most guys wouldnt' care.. good for him.

i can't believe how many things are starting to happen around here. between appts, interviews and well just life... ya know when you drive down the road after winters snow has done a job on the road.. and your going bumpity bumpity.. thats what its like here.. every hour/day seems to bring with it something new to tackle.
    Crochetlady and jasperandchar like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Anyone need Save $3 on Arm & Hammer Cat Litter? I have 8 and they expire March 31st. PM address and I can mail out ASAP.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Anyone here shop at Costco...curious what their prices are like for baking supplies like almond extract, chocolate chips, almonds, raisins, cocoa, etc.

Going to walk with my son by the river for 45 minutes....we live very close and are blessed to have this beautiful trail nearby. My hubby is picking us up on his way home from work so we only have to walk one way

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    Anyone here shop at Costco...curious what their prices are like for baking supplies like almond extract, chocolate chips, almonds, raisins, cocoa, etc.

Going to walk with my son by the river for 45 minutes....we live very close and are blessed to have this beautiful trail nearby. My hubby is picking us up on his way home from work so we only have to walk one way
    I no longer have a Costco membership but their baking supplies were quite reasonable for the size of the packages especially the nuts.

Hope you had a great walk & talk with your son this afternoon.
    Crochetlady likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-luvtousecoupon s-sorry about your aunt
    -angela273 great work on the test -awesome
    -nancy hope hubby I better (way to girl on the weight loss i am dealing with so much emotions this week)-go for my eye tomorrow then to my old dentist at night to pick up my check

-well i am a little down this week(a year on friday my mom has been gone)trying to keep busy-only have 2 more drawers to do in bathroom(chucking old makeup,lotions etc
    on a great note my son-in-law got a new job today -pays a bit more and he is happy he got it

-well i am going for a walk to mailbox -I got a survey for coupons and samples to come to my house(its not diane simons either)
    Last edited by coupon girl; Mon, Mar 17th, 2014 at 08:01 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-oh I don't write whats in my small freezer-I m sure there is some good things on the bottom-lol

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    The nickles, loonies and toonies add up. You are so right.
    We save loonies and toonies. Use them for car washes and when stuck on the road with no money, you would be surprised how much gas you can scrounge with the loonie and toonie stash.
    This made me laugh. Just this morning my husband filled up his car at the No Frills gas station. He gets in the car and I am waiting for him to hand me the receipt. I look back and it is still in the pump. I got out and retrieved it. That receipt was worth .55 cents. I asked him what it was like to be rich enough to throw money away

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I finally received my university midterm exam mark last night, I wrote this exam 3 weeks ago. I got 94.29% on it. I got 33/35, so I only missed 2 marks on the entire exam. This is worth 25% of my final grade in this Psychology course. Believe me, I studied a lot for this exam and don't like the professor, but it is great to see that my hard work paid off. My next midterm exam is 2wks away and I am already preparing for it. It was a nice pick-me-up. I still have stressful things going on from last week, but it is good to see that some other aspects of my life are paying off.
    Congrats on the amazing grade.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I forgot to add that LO slept through the night from 10pm to 6:30am. I slept from 11pm to 6:30am, which is very rare. I am actually planning on going to take a nap now. The sleep was great, but it did nothing for my sleep debt. *shrug* But I'll take what I can get.
    That is great. My son turns 12 years old tomorrow, and has never, ever slept through the entire night. Wonder if that is some sort of record

2 tired 2 b creative here CanadianCouponCollector's Avatar
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Just want to say I have read everyone's posts and I'm not very good at remembering who said what or what everyone's names are... lol I wish I had time tonight to write everything down and comment on them all, but know that I've seen, read and sent prayers.

Tonight I did a random check of my son's iPod and messages (he's 12), and he "passed". I don't do it often but whenever I have, there's been nothing on it I disapprove of. Also he doesn't know I do these checks and he doesn't clear his messages or browsing history. I am so thankful.

I have been so busy that I have yet to even make a grocery shopping list let alone match it up with the sales, and Monday is usually my shopping day. I may have to squeeze a shop in at lunch tomorrow, but I'm so tired I can't even think tonight. I'm afraid I will either overpay or spend all my PC points this week just so I don't go over. I'm not sure yet which I will do. Guess I'll find out tomorrow!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

We had a super busy and fun weekend playing with the triplets. Luckily for me, all 3 slept through both nights although their nap times were very brief. The only downside was that 2 out of 3 ran a fever but they felt better after Tylenol and the parents knew I was watching them closely. Had they not been eating, drinking and playing they would have come back pronto.

Page 26 of 49 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Thread Information