User Tag List

Page 35 of 49 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast
Like Tree3346Likes

Thread: March: Spring into Savings (frugal chatter)

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I feel your pain my coupons are such a mess I have no idea what coupons I have what has expired, I have become very lax with my coupons but in all honesty I just cannot find many we would find useful. Lately it is just all about the sales
    Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Not a frugal day at all for me: I searched my coupons with the moving they are lost or very hard to find. I lost 4 FPC'S of Kashi Blueberry Oats Cluster's because it expired 3 days agos grrr pissed.... and 4 FPC'S of Iogo Grekko expired last month...and I search some yogourt coupons I can get my hands on,frustrating on a tight budget and since they dont put so much FPC'S those time...At least I saved my 5 Kellogs FPC'S off to redeem them tomorrow(they expire march 31,2014) I have the impression to trowh away money and I hate that.
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

My dad always told my brother the same thing. He said that he had to give some to both of us children. Then when my mum was pregnant with her third child, My brother said, "Oh no, dad! This baby's going to have to be bald! You don't have any more hair to give it!"
    Little did he know that he was making a prediction! Our younger brother is bald at 43!
    QUOTE=Insane;5871553]My dad says that he had hair until he had kids. We caused his hair to fall out apparently. I guess raising 6 kids will do that to you. [/QUOTE]
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I feel your pain my coupons are such a mess I have no idea what coupons I have what has expired, I have become very lax with my coupons but in all honesty I just cannot find many we would find useful. Lately it is just all about the sales
    Yes,honnestly I was talking with my friend of couponning in the same city as me and ...She barrely use coupons right now just price matching and sales.Frugal thing is I resubscribed to a fb group of sale of clothes and things in our city,and find how to not see everything on my main fb page( I find that annoying)...between that and trifts stores I hope to find things I miss for my new appart( 1 piece bigger so....) even if I have apparently the money (my familly point of view)...if I want to spend less oop for the same thing it is my thing,I am a Smart Canucks lol,more to save more for later
    Last edited by cath007; Fri, Mar 21st, 2014 at 09:38 PM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Honnestly it is because I taken the time to order those fpc's ,be on the computer when they where live and order and not taking advantage of those who piss me off too...
    Last edited by cath007; Fri, Mar 21st, 2014 at 09:39 PM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

cross your fingers, my guys are off tomorrow on a trial shift for a new job.
    works out well for me. dh will be in bed sleeping all day after taking them to work. i get the day to myself. going to go on a 'little' shopping spree at the dollar store. would really like to try my hand at some new craft ideas. will post pics if they work out.
    for now im just chilling.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Hugs coupon girl, I love mikes hard lemonade wish we lived closer I'd join ayou. Take care hun and you are not alone, maybe make another chat session with that group through the library I think it was.

What was your surgery again for? sorry a bit scather brained lately
    eye surgery -I have cataracts in both eyes(one eyedone then 2 week later another eye)-i would love if you joined me if you lived close for a mikes hard lemonade( I have 6 in a box )
    -well son called me at 6.30-when he got home from work"hey mom how are you" I said I had a hard day"how would you like to see the baby and us we will come over at 7.00-well they stayed til 830( I have a great son and his family-see it comes back tenfold all the love you give your kidswhen they are lttle (even the tough love when they are teens-lol)he sure made me happy(my daughter-in-law said "ashlyn"was looking at the ceiling on her play mat today-cooing up a storm-maybe my mom went to visit her today and was looking down at her from above
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sat, Mar 22nd, 2014 at 08:02 AM.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Fingers crossed for your guys.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    cross your fingers, my guys are off tomorrow on a trial shift for a new job.
    works out well for me. dh will be in bed sleeping all day after taking them to work. i get the day to myself. going to go on a 'little' shopping spree at the dollar store. would really like to try my hand at some new craft ideas. will post pics if they work out.
    for now im just chilling.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Ok I am going to a rant a little bit because something is really bothering me.

As I mentioned in a previous post some stuff went on with my Dad's family, well a number of our family got in some trouble and well it has become public knowledge as to what happened. Now I am not trying to down play what happened or say what happened is right as it is not but I have to say some people are just so rude. We live in a small town and our family owns a local business and our last name is part of the business name so it is extremely easy to put and two and two together. Well we had a customer come in the other day well I was in our front office and ask about our family member who has gotten in some trouble to which our front counter just said they heard about it but had no information. Now again I am not making excuses for this person or trying to say what they did was not wrong but this person than decides to share his feelings on what happened which again everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I get that but really did you have to come into this person's family business where other family might be and just be down right rude. Yes this person in my family made a mistake and did something wrong but obviously this person did not care if there family was around to hear and I am sorry it just really pissed me off. Has this person ever thought the family is trying to deal with that is happening privately as a family or did they ever think yes this person messed up but the whole family is not to blame for their mistake. I mean luckily no one in the person's immediate family works in our office but this person did not know this and for all they knew of this person's children could have been standing right there working. I just really wish people would think about the fact the family must also deal with what has happened and yes we are related to them but this person is an adult and we have no control over their actions and should not be blamed for what they did.

I don't know maybe I am overreacting but this is really bothering me I have spoken with immediate member's of this person family and I know how hard this is on them and to think that pretty much random strangers are making it harder on them is horrible. As sad as it sounds I told one member of their immediate family it is probably a good thing right now that they moved over 3 hours away last year and I told them to screen their phone calls because a lot of people here would call them on their cell just to ask/harass them and changing their number is not an option. I don't know I just wish people would see this affects a lot more than just the person who made the mistake.

Sorry for my rant, just really annoyed.
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Ashley I feel your frustration. For years I hated to admit being related to some of my siblings because of their reputations. I finally came to realize that I am not responsible for other`s actions, only my own.

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

so sorry to hear Ashley. i think i would have gently but firmly taken the customer by the arm off to the side and said would you mind not discussing that matter here please. have a little decorum. gossip sucks.
    hope your family is ok.
    well they were only their for 1.5. paid luckily for 3. but still. they were asked to come back Monday. will see.

well went out to a few places to get a few things. found the $1 racks at Wm picked up a nice top and two skirts for summer.
    Nf's had their Windex touch up for $2.88 i had 2 $2 off. figure its worth a try for $.88 even if its just the kids cleanin up.
    plus Wm also had their St.P's day stuff on 75% i picked up some headbands that has mesh tubing on it.
    i picked up 3 for $1.25. i can cut them off and reuse them. cheaper than Michael's.
    anyway stores are a madhouse. glad to be home. didn't get to bed til 2am then my son came in at 4 and asked if it was too early to get ready. i said yes. so i had to get back up at 5 to get him going. haven't been back yet. SOOO need a nap.
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Oh I so badly wanted to say something but considering we had a meeting where everyone was told to just say we have no information and to leave it at that I thought since I am a family member it was best to keep my mouth shut. I just so badly wanted to tell him now was not the time or place to discuss this and that the company has nothing to with this family member's personal action and they might want to try to respectful and realize a family member could be standing there and they do not need this when all they are doing is working.
    Crochetlady and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

I understand. i've learned to speak my mind in my family. at least dh's side. lump it or leave it for them.
    well been a good day. had a little time with dh.. out and about. having a quiet night at home. planning out some stradegy.
    tomorrow will be busy. lots to catch up on. we slept today away. lol
    oh and im trying a beer for the first time in 25+ years. something vanilla. hopefully i dont' get hooked. LOL
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@SassyAshley-you could get away with saying "I'm sure so-and-so appreciates your concern on a private matter. (Pause.) What can I help you find/get today?"

Back to saving-I am trying to time purchases when sales are on for the usual food items/personal care items>some items cycle though regularly and others are very erratic. I hear everyone noticing the clock moving forward as being hard on routines or bringing colds that otherwise avoided you during winter! Throat was acting up for a few days after the clock change.

I make the reduced bakery rack a regular stopping point in Fortino's because sometimes I find a sliced loaf for 50% off and I appreciate having that other 50% available for something else. Ditto the reduced produce section-sometimes there are several things to choose from, not just bananas, apples, potatoes or peppers.
    Last edited by Ciel; Sat, Mar 22nd, 2014 at 11:03 PM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

so it appears. im NOT a beer connaseur. i'll stick to wine.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

This lady in the states, dumpster dives behind grocery stores and gets some great stuff.

Caution: some areas do not allow you to dumpster dive
    Caution: need to take someone with you, if you go, for safety. Need to wear gloves, use good safety precautions, change your clothes and wash them if you go in.
    Have not tried this.

I think she is amazing. She is a single Mom of 4, home schools, has goats and chickens and cooks from scratch.

Page 35 of 49 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast

Thread Information