User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Quibids?

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Has anyone used this auction site?
    Just curious...the winning bids are amazing...which makes me overly-cautious!

http://www.quibids.com/landing/index...god&lp=50&sub=
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Mia
    Female
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Apple iPad 2 16GB Wifi + 3G (AT&T)

$3.91

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?

Who has you ever tried that? Please post here your experience.

And I wonder, how much the shipping and handling is.
    Relax, enjoy your coffee (tea) and earn money! Any time, when you want! http://www.clixsense.com/?5881505
    And earn Amazon and other gift cards as well, fast and easy! Anyone can!
    https://www.swagbucks.com/refer/zerehas

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Mia...I didn't get into the shipping, but evidently there is a place where it does show up. What I don't like is that I can't click on the item for more information...yes, they're all new, but details would be nice, hm?

Interesting though!!

So who's taking the first plunge?!

shaykeija
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

you need to input cc info....

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I was curious about Quibids too, so I read this article: http://reviewopedia.com/workathome/q...uibids-a-scam/

The only way I see penny auctions like Quibids being worth it is if you know you will be the last bidder, so you don't have to use many bids.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I joined on sheer impulse a few nights ago. The jury is still out on what I think of it, though my goal now is to break even in terms of $$ before I run out of bid vouchers.

I have managed to get some nice gift cards at a very good bidding price, but am annoyed that 1) you can't combine shipments and 2) they all cost $2.99 to mail...that is *after* you have already paid $0.60 per bid and the actual cost of the winning bid. They encourage you to start with small gift cards - less bidding competition - but by the time you pay all the incidentals, you are ahead only a few dollars.

For fun, and thinking I might have a better chance, I logged on at 3am (I'd woken up and couldn't get back to sleep). I thought that, because I am in BC, most people across Canada would be in bed asleep and I might have a better shot at auctions. *L* Quibids seems to have anticipated this already. There were far fewer auctions and they were spread 40 minutes or more apart.

Not to sound paranoid, but because Quibids is both the "auction house" and the seller, I have wondered if they have employed bidders planted to compete/increase the bids on auctions. It would be in their interest to do so, and how would the average person know any different?

I think there is the chance to win big if your timing is good (a lot of it is luck). But to be honest, the "nickel-and-dimeing" of fees, and the tedious nature of bidding a penny at a time against other people has turned me off. I prefer eBay....though haven't used eBay for ages, either, as people started to get greedy, charging ridiculous shipping and handling costs.

If you have tried Quibids, I'd be really interested in hearing what you think.

Addicted To Laughing Cow TrixyLuxx's Avatar
    Trading Score
    11 (79%)

My mother in law was curious to know too, id like some more info as well

twit is for twitter
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I came on here to post the same thing. it looks to good to be true.
    i know it costs 60 cents a bid, so i would think they make more in the bidding process than in the final end price.
    I was curious too if we know the s&h ahead of bidding as well. that has to be taken into consideration.
    and the comment about ebay s&h...i totally agree. when i list on ebay i charge 1.50 handling, and that really doesnt cover it all, but thats how i work.(final value fees, materials to wrap, paypal fee) i contacted a seller cause she made note that she adds on 5.00 handling. i asked if that was on top of postage cause i know her postage was way overpriced.(no way was that the actual postage) i hate rip-off-scam artists

Trading Score
    102 (100%)

I joined in the last week, and have won a few gift cards. It's easier to win the low value items. So far I have won two $10 gift cards and one $50 one....all for less than $5 each including my bids, the winning price, and the shipping.

All items have a description and tell you how much shipping is so you know ahead of time.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It is entertainment auction. You need a lot of luck to win in the long run. So prepare to lose.
    Earn $50 by opening an account at ING Direct using orange key 35844570S1 and deposit $100. PM me to get additional $10.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My sisterinlaws aunt tried it out a while back [maybe a year]. You're buying bids... You put up 5 bucks and someone out bids you.. you lost 5 bucks.. put up 60 and someone out bids you, etc etc. So really, it's crap. Their making off people bidding and not realizing they are buying their bids, thus spending allt hat money to get any item. That's how they can 'sell' these items for 'cheap'.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Mixed reactions... I think I'll follow Tanise's steps and start with gift card if I ever sign up on Quibids.com

Central Ontario...but will ALWAYS be a Northerner
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Canada AM did a nice piece on "penny auctions" and quibids was included. Here is the link http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/CanadaAMCo...bsites-111020/

Long story short....buyer beware, you still lose money even if you lose the auction!
    Earn FREE amazon.ca gift cards through swagbucks

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychojo213 View Post
    Canada AM did a nice piece on "penny auctions" and quibids was included. Here is the link http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/CanadaAMCo...bsites-111020/

Long story short....buyer beware, you still lose money even if you lose the auction!
    Very interesting article there!!! Great find

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

So, I signed up last night. Mostly out of curiousity and to see if and how possible it is to win anything. So here is what came out of this.

Spent $60 to get 100 bids, started bidding on gift cards. Started with the smallest ones $10 each. Than moved onto $25 gift cards. I won 4. I got $10 Wal Mart, $10 Future Shop, $25 La Vie en Rose and $25 choice of department and I chose Winners.

WM card cost me $.10 I believe, Future Shop $.06 and two others were also in pennies but cant remember how much. Now, each time I went to get my gift card I had to pay shipping of $2.99... no combined shipping allowed. To win those 4 gift cards I have used on each maybe 5 bids before I was the winner.

Good thing about some auctions is that they have +20 bids attached to it, so when you win your auction you also win 20 bids.... some auctions have +1 game play, which is my favorite. With that you get to play a game to win more bids... game is like "Whack a mole" where you hit the mole and you can win more bids. In those 4 cards I got I had 2 game plays I also won and in first game I won 65 or so bids and in the second one about 30 bids. I actually started to like the site. I have tried to bid on one camera and big mistake. Those items are hot and you truly have to start small to get to bigger things. There is no real mystery to this site. Its simple, be the last bid when the clock runs out. If the next person bids on it, clock restarts to either 10, 15 or 20 seconds depending on the item. So, bigger items will have more bidders and they are harder to be won. I dont think it is a scam at all, its just pure luck to be the last one standing and to get the item with the lowest amount of bids possible.

Obviously, I tried it and won 4 gift cards within an hour.

You also get badges as you win and play and those badges when you collect them give you additional bids.

I find this web site very interesting and will def. be bidding for more gift cards.

Follow my Beauty Blog on instagram @officialbestofglam
    or on facebook @bestofglam

I write reviews on all new and upcoming beauty products
    Sephora is my grand love

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information