User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree204Likes

Thread: Shooting in Moncton

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Many of you have probably heard about a 24 year old man dressed in Army fatigues and armed with at least an automatic weapon and a shotgun, who has shot at RCMP officers. 3 are dead and 2 are wounded. Haven't heard anything about civilians but there are unconfirmed reports of a body being found in a backyard.

Manhunt is underway and parts of the city are under lockdown. Many places are closed today.

Any NB SCers, stay safe and hopefully they catch this guy soon.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Absolutely horrible situation - what a sick puke he is.

Hope they get him soon.

Prayers for the families of the slain officers, and those injured.
    madchives, DaveP, walkonby and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I hope he is caught soon, as someone living in NB, this is close to home. A very sad day, praying for the families who are suffering today.
    madchives, Natalka, Dee09 and 5 others like this.
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun
    https://www.superpoints.com/join/E_V...HakUR2RSb3SXJk

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

ticul, beckie.c and trishka like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I was stunned when hearing about this late last night, then to see a picture a person posted that was snapped from inside their home of the gunman, the shot was from behind, so the shooter was unaware his picture was being taken.

madchives, Natalka, DaveP and 4 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I hope that person just had a really good zoom, and wasn't that close.

Seems the guy is targetting LEOs.
    madchives, Natalka, Dee09 and 3 others like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Apparently he has military training, so unfortunately, I don't see an end to this anytime soon. There is a heavily wooded area around there, from my understanding. He's likely gone there and can basically disappear. He also probably had a spot picked out/prepared.

My friend just told me that one of his buddies is stationed in Moncton (I thought he was in another part of NB) but that he's okay.

Ex-Coworker Says Suspected Cop-Killer 'Wanted To Go Out With A Bang'
    http://www.businessinsider.com/justi...#ixzz33lAE6Qmt
    Dee09, DaveP, ticul and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

I live in Moncton. on May 31 we left Moncton to visit dh family. We were supposed to go home this morning but have decided to stay here until either this monster is stopped or dh has to get back to work. I have friends and family all over Moncton several of who live in the "danger zone" thankfully my friends and family are alive and are staying safe as possible. I am thankful tat me, dh, ds1 and ds2 are safe away from the area, but I am very scared for all my friends and family that are all still there. there were rumors that at times it was very close to our place (when the Moncton hospital was locked down. we live a couple blocks behind the Moncton hospital.)
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Thoughts and prayers are with all of those who have been impacted by this tragedy. RCMP deaths always hit close to home for my family with my mom being a retired 25 year member. I know first hand that these type of events are police officers families greatest fear. Praying for a peaceful ending with no more loss of life. Hope all SCers remain safe and sound.
    madchives, Natalka, Dee09 and 5 others like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Francine, glad you and your family are safe. From what I hear, they are letting people in the lockdown zone leave (but not enter), so maybe if your friends and family can leave and stay somewhere else, it might be best for them to do so.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I agree, the shooter seems to have been specifically targeting police officers. I couldnt believe it when I heard last evening about what had happened.

My heart breaks for the families of the slain and injured officers. I do hope this person is stopped soon, I cannot imagine what the families in the area are going through.
    madchives, Natalka, DaveP and 2 others like this.
    The average dog
    is nicer
    than the average person.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I just can't imagine how fearful everyone in the city is since he's still at large. I just hope it resolves soon.

Here in SK, in a town called Spiritwood about eight years ago, it was over a week before a killer was caught (he surrendered) - he had killed two RCMP and wounded one.
    madchives, DaveP and ticul like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Just so sad for the families and scary for the residents.
    madchives, Natalka, DaveP and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hearts are heavy in Regina, at RCMP depot, where they all trained

Mounties standing together

REGINA — In a show of solidarity, the commanding officer of the RCMP Depot Division marched alongside cadets on parade square Thursday as Mounties across the country mourned the loss of three members and the injury of two others in Moncton.
    Against a backdrop of grey skies, the half-mast Canadian snapped in the wind as cadets maintained their weekday routine and promptly began marching in the Sergeant Major’s Parade at 12:45 p.m. at Depot.

“In today’s parade, the commanding officer marched with the troops, which is not a normal practice,” said Al Nicholson, a retired RCMP member. “She might lead the troops, she might inspect the troops and take the salute, but on this day, following the occurrence in Moncton, she showed compassionate leadership in marching in a troop with those on parade ... It’s an excellent example of all standing together in times of crises.”

On the parade square, Assistant Commissioner Louise Lafrance joined the cadets in a moment of silence to mark the loss of the three officers — all graduates of the Regina training academy.
    Roses left by the troop that graduated on Sunday lay at the RCMP cenotaph where three more names will be added to the 231 members listed on the RCMP honour roll — members who have died in the line of duty since the force began.

At the RCMP Heritage Centre — on the doorstep of Depot, staff were pinning on the Peace Officers’ Mourning Ribbon Thursday morning.
    This ribbon is the national symbol for mourning peace officers who have died in the line of duty

The s on all provincial government and city buildings have been lowered to half mast to honour the fallen RCMP officers

-short video as well as story

http://www.leaderpost.com/news/regin...894/story.html
    Last edited by Natalka; Thu, Jun 5th, 2014 at 11:23 PM.
    madchives, DaveP, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

And now for the really hard part...the first victim has been publicly identified.
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/dave-r...ting-1.2665849

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information