User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I bought an SPC card for my daughter because she likes clothes from American Eagle and Gap. I'm finding it difficult for her to use it for any discounts because a lot of stores have the restriction of regular priced items only. She is a clothes-horse, so I strongly encourage her to buy sale items.

We were at Rexall yesterday and she was buying a few toiletries (on sale) and was not able to use the card. Are there any places that take this card without restrictions?
    This thread is currently associated with: American Eagle, Gap, Pharmaplus, Rexall PharmaPlus, SPC Student Price Card

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (98%)

I mostly use mine at zellers...... You get 10% off your bill..... regardless of sales or not... also- you can use it as well as coupons.... you can also use it at the restaurant..... I would say i save about 100bucks from zellers in a year...

Banned
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Zellers is 10% off regular and sale price. The Source is 10% off regular and sale price. I don't use it anywhere else, so I'm not sure. Check the restrictions on their website. They say what the deal is at each of the qualifying stores.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

if you go on there site it will list the stores and what you can save

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I love SPC I find I am always able to save the more money than the price of the card! Food, Clothes!

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

i agree, i think the reason my brother didn't get one is because the stores he normally shops at only give it on reg price items, and he buys stuff on sale (god bless him). Just out of curiousity, how much are they? And do anybody know of any clothing stores that accept it on sale items too?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (98%)

They are only $9.00.... So as long as you can save $9.00 in the year.. it doesn't hurt to have one!

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilkaiser View Post
    They are only $9.00.... So as long as you can save $9.00 in the year.. it doesn't hurt to have one!
    Okay Thanks!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I did look at the stores and restrictions before buying her the card. I'm not sure if it's a good value for her, she has yet to use it on any purchases. I sure wished we had the card last year when we bought a leather jacket for her at Danier!

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I got one free when I filled my taxes at H&R. The only time I've ever used it was to get a discount on shoes from Aldo.

The only other time was when I tried using it at Bentleys once about two weeks before the expiry date, but they wouldn't accept it because they kept saying it was expired already.
    Last edited by awalkman; Sun, Sep 11th, 2011 at 01:57 PM.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by marstec View Post
    I bought an SPC card for my daughter because she likes clothes from American Eagle and Gap.

We were at Rexall yesterday and she was buying a few toiletries (on sale) and was not able to use the card. Are there any places that take this card without restrictions?
    Marstec, I really miss this card (SPC VIP). I miss my deals at Zellers, Burger King (salads) and at Harvey's. On the positive side, we are eating less fast food.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Shwa Girl,
    Is it for anything at Burger King? That might work, although my daughter lectures us about eating fast food (but she doesn't want to be left out when we are eating it!).

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I like expensive stores too, but as a student you need to get the cheapest stuff possible to survive. Seriously, an SPC card helps you a TON! Sometimes you can get discounts on groceries like at Sobeys, and Zellers. Or when you need last-minute interview clothes, you can pop by the mall and gather up an outfit with your SPC card. It's really useful.
    Join SwagBucks! You actually get free stuff for basically doing nothing!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mazin

Cheap books: http://www.bookmob.ca/track/CC030293 Register & get 5% off!

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by marstec View Post
    Shwa Girl,
    Is it for anything at Burger King? That might work, although my daughter lectures us about eating fast food (but she doesn't want to be left out when we are eating it!).
    I think it's 10% off any regular meal combo (excludes the daily deals).

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

It is usable on American Eagle sale items. 15% off at Gap on regular however that usually brings it inline with whatever is on sale so still not a bad deal overall.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information