User Tag List

Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree3498Likes

Thread: Tightwad August Frugal Chatter 2014

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

angela poor you, you don't need the stress, the $ is nice but is it really worth it, I can't say but best of luck to you and these crazy parents
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@momof5boys you are like a little squirrel (lol) but stay cool

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

$3 of junk sold today. Those$'s add up!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

I'm so freakin mad right now, my stomach is doing flops. there isn't much i can do about it. at least not yet. guaranteed, its not going to end pretty.
    it is amazing though, how much you can accomplish when your so pissed, flames coming out your ears.
    avoncallingu likes this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    I'm so freakin mad right now, my stomach is doing flops. there isn't much i can do about it. at least not yet. guaranteed, its not going to end pretty.
    it is amazing though, how much you can accomplish when your so pissed, flames coming out your ears.
    yes it is amazing how much we get done with our tempers our flared, what's the matter?

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Evening all,

I am working on my menu plan for the next 2 weeks, I am planning on doing some batch cooking for the freezer so that I have some easily prepared meals for those lazy days and great foods for the cottage.

Glad I did all my laundry (if their is such a thing) as the rest of the week is going to be wet.

Just starting to watch our 1st episode of Hotel Hell (Gordon Ramsay) with Logan, never seen the show before but I love Gordon Ramsay and I must admit his loose tongue .

Hoping for some good sales this upcoming week on meat (fingers crossed) would love to see some pork loin, whole chickens and thighs, etc.

Wishing everyone a great evening.

AND wishing Lizzie a wonderful & safe trip tomorrow.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I made 7.00 from kijjji-from small junk like frugalmama said

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

So dh and I talked to the dad of the little girl. The dad looked down at the floor while my husband spoke of our concerns. You should have seen the look on the little girl's face. You can tell she is sad and feeling insecure. We decided to keep her for the time being with the understanding that they need to TALK to me. Little girl was here for less than an hour while her dad got a hair cut. She sat in my lap and then had food in the high chair. She was clingy, which is not what she usually does. She'll be back for a shortened day tomorrow while her dad studies and writes an exam. Not sure yet if she will be coming the other three days this week. She is booked for one day at the end of the month and 4 days for the first week of September. My own daycare lady is on holidays this week and next week.

We said yes to childcare with her on the first week of September partially because it is unlikely that I will be called to teach much. September 2nd is the first day of school for children in our province. September 4th is our 3yr wedding anniversary (we have been together for 12yrs already...delayed our marriage due to financial implications). My daycare lady is unavailable on September 5th. Dh is on holidays September 8-12th. LO's 2nd birthday is September 9th.

The tutoring moms contacted me this evening. It was somewhat funny. We figured out why the one mom's phone kept sending me text error messages, it was something wrong in the settings on her phone. The mom of the little boy is going to work with me on Wednesday for the first time. The mom is the summer student for the organization that I am vice-chair on, which is how she found me. Anyway, I have to prepare stuff to work with him. He is at a higher level of reading and writing than the other girls that I have been working with. All three moms requested Thursday evening. lol. So today I went from no tutoring this week to the next three evenings in a row. Oh boy.... I plan on taking one day at the end of August and following through on making it a full day of tutoring with LO at daycare. I pay for his daycare spot anyway and this way it would free up a bunch of evening time. The busy tutoring schedule gives me mixed feelings, but it's only for the next couple of weeks and then school will basically be starting.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

here's a giggle for you ladies, I got a call yesterday from Jonathan from Windows technical department...you know the scammers....He said we are calling about your computer problems, I said that's funny I don't have a computer.....he was stunned, quiet and paused for a moment then must have found the reply to that in his manual/script....he then said would you like to purchase a computer, I said no (lol). Next time they call I will say something different, they like wasting my time so why not waste theirs

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@coupon girl, are you saving up for another trip (lol), great job on selling some stuff you just have lying around

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Angela sounds like you will have a busy early September with all your celebrations. Glad that things have turned around with the little girl and her dad and that you have tutoring students again confirmed

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I have an appointment this am which I asked MIL to drive me to but it appears that she has once again forgot about me...sigh...I could call and remind her but you all know that I hate asking anyone for anything so I am my own worst enemy when it comes to speaking up/reminding people that they have committing to something as simple as driving me to an appointment....its moments like this I miss my car.

Logan asked her to feed his turtle and fish while we were away for 5 days and she forgot, thank goodness nothing died

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-hey morning all still tired from my trip -got groceries yesterday spent 101-have never spent that much in awhile mind you got 2 nice baby outfits for 3.00 each - a baby Is due in oct my daughter's sister-in-law
    -jasper yes hubby and I would love to travel again -we will save would love to drive down east-maybe next summer-would love to see Ireland/Scotland(thats a big trip)
    -anyway off to find more things for kijiji(small money adds up for sure)and clearingout from our home Is a good feeling
    -going to hubbies brothers house for roast beef dinner at 3.00- know its early but he gets he a 2.30 and they like to eat just after -hey I dont mind a nice meal

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I am on a mission to clean out the junk and build my little jar full of money. Not sure what it will be used for but not touching yet (have about $300 ) And still have loads and loads of stuff to get rid of. Keeps me busy and out of trouble lol.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Stocked up on Dove soap (1.99 for 2 x 113G pack less $2 wub 2) Bought 12 so added to the stockpile I think we are good for a year minimum! at least.

Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information