User Tag List

Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree3498Likes

Thread: Tightwad August Frugal Chatter 2014

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I did the same offer FBM, I was going to skip it but we love the PC products and a few things rarely go on sale so DH and I headed out at 9PM. In totally I came home with 17000 points.
    Today is a busy day as I am back to work Monday so a number of tasks I did not get done while off are on todays list. Logan has decided no more sweat pants for school so I made him go through the jeans we still had on hand. DS 1 has not worn sweats to school since grade 1 and so I always save his jeans. I had given away 4 pairs in the spring but thankfully we had afew more. Logan is taller than liam was at this age but thicker though his legs( thats lacrosse). We came up with 3 pairs that fit so I was happy.
    How do you ladies do the back to school shopping, is it all new in September? I buy new clothes as we need it and usually wait until October for pants as they will both grow at inch by then. Having two boys helps as stuff does get passed down, except for shoes as they never survive. I also no longer thrift shop or consign as I find I can do just as well with sales. Last week I bought tshirts at hollister for 8.00. The joy of boys is they are simple tshirts and jeans. It's the shoes that kill me.
    Off to start my day.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Having a bit of slow morning here, woke up around 6 but didn't get up until 7. Have one load of laundry going and now waiting for Mom as I can toss in the next load.

I have a bunch of baking to get done today as my stockpiles in the freezer are gone, going to have to get on this soon as we have decided to have a roast beef for dinner so will need the over for that. Must admit I am so looking forward to dinner tonight, first time in a long time we have done a nice Sunday night dinner, we are going to have roast beef, mashed potatoes, gravy and veggies, not sure what the veggies will be yet as I need to raid the fridge and see what we have.

Will have to work out a time to go shopping during the week since we did not go this weekend. We did write a grocery list and almost everything again is fruits, veggies and perishable foods. Must admit it feels great to have me and mom on the same page and she is good with the healthier eating and shopping with a few treats thrown in.

Well I better get going with my day as our oven is going to be busy all day. Have a great day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I'm on a role. Clean laundry put away. 2nd load in wash. 3rd
    ready to go. Once I pack up ds's hockey equipment my second drying rack is ready to use.he was in the ice yesterday Friends own ice time in an auction and invited the team from last year. Love that it can dry out in the sunshine. Cleaned 1 bathroom so far. Have posted a bunch of things for sale this morning. Will keep at it all day. Have a $13 pick up today so far.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Back to school clothes. I buy as needed. I have been so lucky as my nephew gives me garbage bags full of hand me downs and he is 2 years older then my oldest. I bought oldest 6 new pairs of jeans. He just needs new shoes. Youngest doesn't need anything his closet is crammed full. I put money in an account monthly so it's there when I need it. It has been growing nicely since they haven't needed much lately.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

So many things on the go. Figure working on laundry is top priority. And cleaning bathrooms and bedrooms. And the little projects I stRt along the way. I am going to gather all odd socks and deal with that today. Probably find 50 pairs when I'm done!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

I seriously need some of that ambition FBM.
    my word..
    slept in. supposed to have 1/2 my laundry done and my parents yard weeded already. ohjoy.
    maybe have it all done by bedtime.
    lilo i always checked the clearance area of every store i went to. tucked anything i found away. seems everyone buys the heavy duty new skirts/dresses etc for the first day as they all think september means fall/cold. in fact its usually 25+ on the first day of school.
    most kids ended up in old shorts anyway by the 2-3 rd day.
    although this year may have to consider buying some for my youngest. string bean.. geez.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

So far cleaned one bathroom , went to Dr, filled an Rx and one load of laundry on the go. Time to pack soon and get the teenager moving.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Sun, Aug 10th, 2014 at 12:55 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

hi ladies just got back last night from my trip around 7.00 p.m-still tired have done 2 loads of laundry already and cut half my lawn ( I have a hilly yard it hard to do all at once when I am sore)
    -well hubby ad I havent travelled in 8 years-other than a cottage up north rented a few years back
    -well we just came back from a cruise to the caribbean -we saw haita,jamacia,cancun ,mexico-it was ho t -we had so much fun exept for getting burnt(redburnt-hubby looks like a lobster-on Thursday -we stayed in a pool on deck for 4 hours talking t other people so we are paying the price now
    loved the shows on board hairspray- another musical, water show-al top notch
    -we saved for this trip (income tax,selling stuff from last year and this year snapsaves,checkout51(what i made) paid for medical insurance etc
    it was so nice to have fine dining every night- freee don't pay extra to go to the fancy restaurnats-we go with the inside cabin -cheaper also
    -it as a much needed trip( I have had lot of stress the past 2 years)losing mom and my job-henly good thing about the lastyear and a half was "ashlyn"
    -tonight going to have supper at my son's-"ashlyn" is crawling nowcat wait to see my granbaby and grown kids-ydaughter told me last night and she will be32 end of this month("I missed talking to you mom" )ahhhh
    -oh and royal carribean-gave us a discount from having 2 other trips with them over the years-saved 600.00 -thanks to them being so nice
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sun, Aug 10th, 2014 at 01:16 PM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning, everyone!

Oh, to be young and not have a creaky body, to be able to do all the things still that you young ones are doing! How I miss those days!

Coupon girl - SO glad you had a wonderful holiday!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

For all you 30 something's out there-and for those older and younger who are wanting a few financial tips-I thought this was a good article.

http://www.boomerandecho.com/35-thoughts-turning-35/

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Coupongirl: what a wonderful vacation. We love cruising and have our kids in love with it too. Which ship were you on. We really want to do one of the big ships with Royal Caribbean. Hopefully you have some aloe Vera to cool that burn.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just ran out quick to pick up some free canning jars someone offered on a free stuff group. Have them soaking in hot soapy water. Using to clean up cupboards like you sassyashley. I am going to have such organized cupboards lol. Went to SDM and found a few deal (axe for sticking stuffers) redeemed $30 in points to start using them up. Just took in a basket of laundry to put away.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Vacation is over, for now. I am off the last week of summer. I accomplished most of my list. Went to SDM as I had personal offer of ANY Fructis for 1.99. This is the third time they have sent me this one and any means I can use it on the large bottle regular price 10.99. woohoo.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

what an afternoon. 3 hours in my moms garden weeding, another hour to finish this week.
    then to the store to pick up last minute items. amazing how ppl stare at you when your covered in dirt head to toe literally.. sorry folks. LOL
    never even touched the laundry pile. yay.
    going to see if i can get a few done tonite.
    my hands are aching. well my whole body is. might take a nice shower and hit the bed early.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

So happy for you coupongirl and your hubby, glad that you took the time to spend a much needed vacation together just the 2 of you.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information