User Tag List

Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree3498Likes

Thread: Tightwad August Frugal Chatter 2014

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Anyone see any super deals this coming week in the flyers? I didn't see too much. Fridge needs a good clean out this weekend and we have lots of eggs and bread in freezer so may just buy fresh fruit and make due with what we have. We go camping next weekend so will plan our meals for that (already know homemade burgers one night with salad- have beef for that) Bacon/eggs/hashbrowns/toast for Saturday morning breakfast (have everything for that in freezer ) We talked about bbqing whole chickens Thursday night before we go for one nights dinner. Looks like we won't need much. Have been buying chips and putting aside for camping (chips just seem to be a must have when camping lol) Have marshmallows. Just need chocolate and Graham crackers

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

...another busy day...up bright and early to get the another batch of bread and butter pickles made - have to do another batch tonight. Then there are two pails of beans waiting for me to process for the freezer. Just went grocery shopping (also had to buy some more canning jars) and decided not to buy and buns or bread so that will force me to bake them now. I'll have to see if I can squeeze in some time tomorrow. I'm also canning/freezing veggies for my elderly parents

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I don't think I'm going to do the garage sale tomorrow. Didn't really have time to get ready this week. Wanted it ready so I just had to pull tables out. Oh well, will keep posting online. Seem to be selling lots lately so will keep posting. I'm trying to sort stuff in bins so I can post a bunch of items that are the same Example: kids fall/winter coats/jackets. Have a bin almost full so will post this weekend and then again later on. Never know when people are looking for what.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Mom had a meeting she forgot to tell me about so she is out tonight, leaving me with the house to myself. I am trying to write out grocery list but it is not going well. Just not motivated. I would really like to skip shopping this week and I think we could except for a few items but since we will not be able to shop next weekend I kind of need to shop this weekend.

At some point this weekend I have to organize our company golf tournament. We went from really low sign ups only about 30 people, to a record sign up of 64 golfers. So we have 64 golfers which will equal 16 teams on 9 holes, this could get fun. I have to assign the teams this weekend, some are done as requested but more than half of golfers this year did not request a team so I have to put them on a team. This step always stresses me out a little bit because you want everyone to have a wonderful and golf with people who have things in common and well like everything else I over think it. As well we are going to have to sort out which teams can be paired up to start on the same hole without causing issues. Some people have a little too much fun when paired together if you know what I am saying and with this many golfers we gotta keep things moving. This is going to put my organizing skills to the test to get 64 golfers signed in, to their carts, knowing what hole to start on and ready to go in under an hour. From 1 to 2 when we tee off is always the most stressful time for me making sure everything goes off without a hitch.

Okay enough procrastinating time to get back to my grocery list and than if my ambition holds on to golf teams.

Hope everyone has a great night.
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Did not get my flyers again. It's frustrating, but will save me money if I don't know what's on sale.
    I just had a burst of energy, made a pot of chili and cleaned out the freezer of the fridge, so it's a leftover dinner. Dumplings for one, chili for me and chicken fingers & fries for the other son and DH.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

The rain is great, the grass is green again, the garden are bursting but hey mother nature where's the sun, is anyone else's mood low these days? Oh well, k sera sera. Needed to pick up a few things at the grocery store as dh & Jaden are leaving this pm to head back up to the moose camp and Logan will be travelling up late tomorrow pm with grandpa.....so I will be alone starting late Sunday until Wednesday pm.....can't wait (lol), going to get some batch cooking done while alone and no one to please other than myself. Wishing everyone a wonderful day
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy rainy Saturday. We went to superstore and I spotted lean ground beef for less the $2LB so bought almost $40 worth. I decided to redeem PC points for a $100 GC so got about $70 in groc free. Buns reduced for camping next weekend. (12 pk ham and hot dog buns for .98 cents each). Will cook up some beef into taco meat for the freezer and make burger patties for freezer (and for taking on weekend camping).

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Feeling lazy. Don't want to do laundry since I can't hang out to dry. Will put a load on later tonight so I can hang in morning. Suppose to be sunny tomorrow. I hope that is still the plan. Should post some new items for sale too. But may be a movie afternoon I think. And something take out for dinner maybe. Will see what we feel like doing.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-went to visit "ashlyn" today cause they are going to mexico with her next week -and my daughter-in-laws parents and her sister and fiancée-met up with my daughter and her hubby came to see ashlyn too on the way to family cottage get together on her hubbies side-nice to get together with all my family -kids spouses,granddaughter-then we made plans to meet in toronto for my daughters 32nd birthday sept 7-wow that sure makes me feel older putting that number down

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

well so far this weekend has been ok.
    went early out of town to pick up some craft stuff off kijiji, ended up hitting a few garage sales.
    stopped at Gt's and grabbed another noodle for another order received last night.
    my plan is to have the house cleaned by Sunday night. including laundry put away, plus a salad made for a bbq were going to tomorrow.
    will see what happens. raining here.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

It`s a rainy day here. Our neighbour`s auction sale got rained out.

My wrist started acting up again last night so I got out my Revlon hot wax bath today. Haven`t used it in years, in fact I forgot I had it. It feels so good.

I only finished 2 towels that were half done and put ribbon in 3 baby afghans. Also did 2 loads of laundry...most of it is put away...hung a few things to dry. Will be resting my hands for the rest of the day.

@ Nancy enjoy your time alone. It`s amazing what a person can get done with no interruptions.

@ FBM That`s an awesome price for ground beef.

@ coupon girl So nice you got to spend time with your family.

@MrsS great you got more orders. I looked at your Facebook page...couldn`t figure out how to leave a comment. How do you come up with all the different ideas? You are so creative!
    Natalka, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

ARGH i had a lovely post all typed out and the mouse/touchpad thinger clicks and deletes!
    Goal for downsizing junk actually done! BF helped me go through the shed last night and we ran a garage sale from the house this morning. the boys made 10 dollars each on stuff and we made 97 for our joint account.

had a lady pick up a mattress from our camper - barely used no stains i tried to GIVE away for 3 months. i find it ironic that as soon as i change the price to $10 and 15 min later its gone.

I've made $125 extra this month fixing computers. Which will help because my boss has cancelled several of the benefits offered at my job including 1 pd sick day per month and the clothing allowance. I doubt i will stay much longer as the work load has more doubled with one girl quitting one getting fired and only having 1 replacement that has a lot of training yet to go.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I don't know if this new format is coming from SC or yahoo but I HATE it! Can't figure out how to "like" a post and moving around the site is confounding me.
    We FINALLY received a refund from our insurance company for a trip we cancelled last January because of my DH's illness. It feels like "FREE " money, but really, it came out of our pockets and needs to go back onto our Visa from whence it came.
    I managed to finagle things to replace our water tank (rented) and reduce our payments by $40- back to what we were paying in our old house. - Only to be informed that because I retired 10 years ago now, that my life insurance is going up by $30. Oh well!

I met with a couple that I will be marrying in Sept. today. Lovely couple! That puts some money back into the bank as well.

My db called today and asked if he and his wife and my 2 nephews could visit tomorrow and we were NOT to worry about feeding everyone. OF COURSE! I miss my family so much since we moved to Chatham! I used to see my nephew every day when he was little. Luckily my other db lives here so I do have some close family here.

I discovered a little rabbit hutch in the middle of our field with no protection except a little covering of dead grass and rabbit fur. (Well I should say my dogs found it.) I managed to get them away and looked under the grass(using a stick not my fingers.) Only to find 4 little bunnies in there.
    I hope that they survive as they are really in the middle of nowhere.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Crochet Lady.. thanks for the compliments. to be honest i have no idea. sometimes its like dinner. i start with some basics. and just stuff in until it looks right..and hope and pray everyone else likes it too.

trying to finish another order tonite... however i realize i need to go back to michaels as the product i bought isn't the right size. thank goodness i have enough time.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

found this and thougth I would share....no wonder we are struggling with our grocery budgets

http://www.statcan.gc.ca/tables-tabl...pis08g-eng.htm

http://www.statcan.gc.ca/tables-tabl...pis08a-eng.htm
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread Information