User Tag List

Page 17 of 43 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree3498Likes

Thread: Tightwad August Frugal Chatter 2014

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Today changed a whole bunch. I'll post tomorrow about that. I was just excited because I saw someone giving away decent top soil. I could really use some for my vegetable garden plots and to fill in some low spots in the yard.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

We will be heading out shortly for ds1 who starts high school in September to go and pick out his school uniform....yippee....less clothes to buy
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Another rainy cold day here. They have the heat on here at work lol. Have a bit of a stuffy head from this weather change. Tonight is DS's last night of Soccer. Suppose to have pizza after. Hope the rain stops.
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Another rainy cold day here. They have the heat on here at work lol. Have a bit of a stuffy head from this weather change. Tonight is DS's last night of Soccer. Suppose to have pizza after. Hope the rain stops.
    Here we have a heat warning, humidex over 40C. It was forecast as 30C all week.
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well whipper snipping the yard on this cool day-I have made 30.00 from kijiji this summer so far-15.00 for my daughter 24.00 for my son -I don't mind helping them out by selling a few items for them(my hubby doesn't get why I do this )well I am not working so why not -I know there are a few weird people but I always met them in my garage (when they come to buy)-not my house

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good job! Getting rid of junk is great and a few extra bucks is even better. I had 4 pick ups yesterday and made $14 lol

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

hey -I have a problem -I am whipper snipping -so went to do my frontyard and plug it in the garage and I have a hissing cat and it sounds like a growl too-hiding in my garage inbetween a wagon and a box -I don't care for cats and I am allergic to them(what should I do)????hubby is out also
    Crochetlady likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    hey -I have a problem -I am whipper snipping -so went to do my frontyard and plug it in the garage and I have a hissing cat and it sounds like a growl too-hiding in my garage inbetween a wagon and a box -I don't care for cats and I am allergic to them(what should I do)????hubby is out also
    I would suggest opening both doors to the garage and waiting to see if the cat will exit on its own. You may even want to try putting a bowl of water or something outside to encourage it to leave its hiding spot.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Another cold day here.
    The township is finally doing some work on our street. Hubby and a neighbour have been complaining for at least 5 years about the water we get in our basements every time we have a heavy rain. Hope this will solve the problem.

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

It's not very frugal when it's the middle of August and you have to turn the heat on .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I bought 2 4L jugs of milk this morning and brought them straight home from the store. I went to get LO milk at lunch time, but his HOMO milk smelled off. I called Beatrice and reported the issue, they are sending replacement coupons. I also opened the 2% jug of milk to discover that it also didn't smell fresh. For the most part, I think that it would be fine to cook with...but I won't having it by itself. Dh doesn't like me to freeze milk. Any suggestions for using up the milk. 2 gallons of milk is a lot to cook with in my book. Suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.
    Crochetlady and Ciel like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

kinda chilly here. quite breezy. was out early to a local retirement village for a sale. found some neat bargoons.
    now im trying to find out some legal advice and running into brick walls.
    anyway. lots of stuff planned for the week/weekend/week ahead.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Frugal: picked up 3 side tables and a hi-boy for our living room from Grandma for FREE!

Not so frugal: surprise vet bill, $260

Quincy cat has a bladder infection. I also paid $90 for geriatric bloodwork since he is 14 and hasn't been to the vet in 5 years (indoor only, he has been healthy). He is going back on bottled water...I thought since the drinking water is potable, trucked in and filtered with a UV light at the new house, he would be fine. Nope! The rest of us can drink tap water but not our frou frou kitty!

I choose to get the bloodwork done because if there is something else going on, I can know what, how it might affect his lifespan and comfort as the years go on...equalling less worrying for me. He is old and this episode is making me deal with his carnality.
    Last edited by Granger; Thu, Aug 14th, 2014 at 09:54 PM.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I bought 2 4L jugs of milk this morning and brought them straight home from the store. I went to get LO milk at lunch time, but his HOMO milk smelled off. I called Beatrice and reported the issue, they are sending replacement coupons. I also opened the 2% jug of milk to discover that it also didn't smell fresh. For the most part, I think that it would be fine to cook with...but I won't having it by itself. Dh doesn't like me to freeze milk. Any suggestions for using up the milk. 2 gallons of milk is a lot to cook with in my book. Suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.
    I would return it to the store if it's not too far away as you mentioned that is a lot of milk to cook with

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    Another cold day here.
    The township is finally doing some work on our street. Hubby and a neighbour have been complaining for at least 5 years about the water we get in our basements every time we have a heavy rain. Hope this will solve the problem.

yes I sure hope that fixes some of the problems, 5 years is crazy long....municipalities...sigh...

Page 17 of 43 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information