• 7 Post By Andit
  • 9 Post By walkonby
  • 5 Post By electric_viking
  • 6 Post By toban
  • 5 Post By TooCouponCrazy
  • 5 Post By addy25
  • 4 Post By Natalka
  • 2 Post By danger_dan

Thread: QOTD: Wed 06 Aug: Don't worry, it'll grow out....

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hairstyles come and go;
    some people follow haircut fads,
    others go for comfort and ease.

However, things don't always work out as planned...

What are your haircut or hairdo horror stories?

This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Andit, Lynn49, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I bleached the crap out of my hair in highschool.
    Not only does blonde not suit me at all it completely killed my hair.
    Please read our rules on signatures & referral links in images

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oh horror of horrors. I think I am STILL traumatized from a bad hair cut.

So about 15 years ago, we were living in Ottawa and going to grad school. Typical starving students and yes, that included not being able to afford a hair cut.

At the time I wore my hair with bangs and the bangs had gotten awfully long and were in my eyes and looked somewhat hideous. So I said to DH, "do you think you can trim my bangs for me?" And he said, "Suuure! I've watched my mom cut hair a million times. It'll be easy."

Harumph.

The boy couldn't get a straight line to save his life. So whenever he trimmed and saw that it wasn't straight, he'd try to "fix" it by trimming it just a little more. He ended up fixing it alright. I looked like this by the time he was done (possible even worse):

Name:  jim-carrey.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  34.6 KB

Yeah. Needless to say he never cut my hair again. EVER.
    Andit, DiamondLil, Natalka and 7 others like this.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

probably the perms i got. one in highschool right before i had major surgery. apparently anesthetic and perms don't mix well...
    the one i got before i got married.. it only took 20 years before they put into wedding planners. DON"T get perms weeks before your wedding. d'oh.
    Andit, Natalka, ninna and 3 others like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

My mom cutting my bangs right before class picture Oh I should dig up that photo and scan it

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Both of my bad hair stories involve blonde... I've bleached my whole head blonde, that was a disaster. Then my friend and I put highlights in my hair, which foamed and leaked through the tinfoil leading to a blonde skunk like effect... another disaster.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Let me start by saying, I HATE HATE HATE having short hair. It annoys me, I don't think it suits me, and, oh, did I mention I HATE having short hair?

Grade 7, my Mom says my hair needs a trim. OK, why not. So she trims. And trims. And trims. To get all the split ends, she says. I went from having hair half-way down my back to something just shy of a pixie cut.

I was not happy.

Have not had my hair that short since (I keep it shoulder-length).

Now when my Mom offers to trim my hair, I keep watch. With mirrors. And question every move.

It annoys both of us, but at least I don't have to deal with short hair.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Mine was mostly tomboy short growing up, which was fine by me.
    I never coloured my hair until my mid 30's, I thought dying your hair was sort of shameful ( not sure who told me it was?? lol )
    I did perms for a few years after having kids as I thought it would save me time in the a.m.( looking back at those hilarious pics now! oy!!)
    I have still never understood when you say clearly to a hairdresser " I would like just a smidgen trimmed all around, maybe 1/2 " and they lop off over 2 inches and wonder why you are ticked!
    When I am much older ( maybe in my 80's ) I am going to take this picture into a hair salon and ask for a cut similar to my younger self just to watch them gasp!

Attached Images Attached Images  

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

my hair's always been short, never had a bad cut.
    Andit, Natalka, ninna and 2 others like this.
    I can't profess to understand God's plan. Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Years ago I had a perm that was growing out. A friend, who was a hair stylist at the time, offered to chemically straighten my hair. At first my hair looked okay with the way she styled it. A few days later, while washing it, strands of hair were coming out like crazy. I didn't have bald spots but it was scary! My hair was quite damaged and took a long time to recover.

In high school I decided I wanted blonde highlights (I have medium to dark brown hair naturally). The hair stylist used the cap method where the pulled strands of hair through the holes. My entire head of hair went blonde lol. It didn't suit me at all. I had to use a special shampoo for a couple of weeks to tone it down. I don't remember if they had to re dye or the shampoo took out all the blonde.

Another so called friend, a hair stylist, chopped my long hair to bob length! I asked for two inches off. She started cutting the back and lopped it so short I had no choice. I was quite upset. Turns out she was angry with me over some small thing and took it out on my hair I wasn't friends with her after that.

I stopped coloring my hair for years. I'm starting to get silver twinkles so I have it dyed close to my natural color.
    Andit, Natalka, ninna and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I never had a bad cut, I still sit on my hair. I had some pretty interesting bangs as a teen though. Shaped like a flower and a whole lot of hairspray. If you moved one hair, the entire thing moved. My friends and I thought we looked so good at the time. LOL. I look at pictures now and laugh.

cookie muncher
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

When I was 8, my dad used his new hair trimmer on me as an experiment, guess what happened next

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

toban - one of my stories involves frosting, too. My hair is light brown, and my friend used Frost & Tip. I have a pic of me in the cap holding a bottle of Bailey's - so maybe we let time get away with us - My hair was pretty much white. It absolutely stunned my boyfriend (now my husband) - and not in a good way, lol!

And he was there to witness another stunner I did - the only other time I messed with haircolour. I used a temporary thingee to get auburn highlights - and be darned if I didn't end up with clown red hair! This was on a Sunday - nowhere open in our city to get anything to fix it - I washed my hair a zillion times throughout the day and evening. And I had to go to work the next morning - I was working as a newspaper reporter and was going to be helping organize the Fair parade.
    So I'm driving the next morning on an atv, around the place where all the floats are getting lined up - and I see my BIL who was working for our MP - well, he was a big freaked out by my hair.
    Anyhow, I somehow got through that day - made sure I didn't go out to cover any events - and yet I had to go work that evening at the Fair, at our church food booth. So after work, I got some permanent hair dye in brunette and dyed my hair. So then I had to deal with those comments as to why my hair was so dark!

As for haircuts - when young, I always wanted bangs, but don't have the hair for it - I have cowlicks in the front of my hairline. Mom used to use tape to hold down my bangs when they were wet so they would dry relatively straight down - but they would always bump up.
    And, yes, I did cut my own bangs as a kid - thinking if I cut those bangs really short - like an inch - they would work.

Perms - yes, because I have poker straight hair, I've had many.

Worst was in the early 90s, first spiral perm for my long hair - didn't work. Salon couldn't redo it til the next evening - but I got called to teach that next day - and I stupidly brushed it out, and gosh knows what I looked like that day of teaching. When it was redone it was fine.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

haven't ever really had a bad hair cut...i had the 'in' hair cut for guys/boys most of my childhood...mom kept up with the current styles
    Andit and walkonby like this.
    DANGER

Thread Information