User Tag List

Page 33 of 57 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast
Like Tree5611Likes

Thread: Thankful for Savings - October 2014 Frugal chatter thread

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

hey all daughter called me from the toronto airport-jus nic to say I love you an chat a bit before her flight
    feel like crap -but I may hang the clothing out its sunny here but 7 degrees
    -light super tonight -I hear you nat I don't fee like eating lunch (had oatmeal for breakfast and I raisin bread and tea)glad your feeling better and you do have an awesome son look what he does for you

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Lunch plans got kerfuffled due to crazy street closures (I never seem to have any luck getting out of my block when the marathoners are in town, something always seems to go awry). Think there was a reason for the cancellation. I got a phone call from a friend that our friend's brother passed away suddenly (he was only 61). A bit worried about this friend who has no family left and is now completely alone in the world (not that many friends either, besides the few of us).

Please send a few prayers & good thoughts J's way.
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Lilo-does your No Frills not take PC plus now as mine started to in Oct.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Lilo-does your No Frills not take PC plus now as mine started to in Oct.
    They do now. But never have any bonus point offers and both stores are the same distance from home. So I just pm at RCSS. I also find the staff are good with coupons and pm at RCSS.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -wow lilo 800.00 in points that's awesome -do you shop rcss -I bet cause you must be price matching with that many points-or I may be wrong?
    -I have 80.00 in points but we only have fortinos close by-I heard a no frills may open not far from me-then I will go there -I am happy with 80 as there I only 2 of us and dont buy a lot of groceries any more(no growing teen age kids here that eat a lot or have friends over)

-well i have another cold-darn thats 2 this season-gonna try to lie around maybe finish my library book and do a load of laundry-darn cold here 6 degrees-so glad I stocked up on some liquid medicine
    -well there is a reason hubby made extra money last pay-I tgt I coud save some intesavings -nope we need to replace one toilet -so darn old 29 years old-its an orginal one from when the house was built -maybe we should have replaced it 7 years ago when the upstairs bathroom was done over by my son's friend -new vanity/tiles and we painted but we truly believe if its still okay or not broke why buy a new one

-my daughter leaves for san fransico today for her work -4 days I will miss talking to her
    coupon girl glad you stocked up the meds too, I can't recall did you take part in the getting ready for cold/flu season either way I'm glad you are prepared and hope this cold doesn't last as long as that other one, take care of yourself
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    Morning all. The sun is actually shining here this morning. Have a load of laundry in the washer. A friend called and invited us for supper so looking forward to that. May stop and pick up a few things at Zehrs on the way...depends what time we get going.
    Have a wonderful supper with your friend.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Andit your poor friend, sending prayers his/her way.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Afternoon Everyone,

Well my trailer is SOLD...yippee...so we are going to take that $ and replace our back door, so happy about that.

I made a macaroni casserole with ground beef and some bbq pork chops and dessert was an applie crumble pie, they left about an hour ago and I'm not feeling like making supper.

Dh leaves again tomorrow with FIl to do a few odds & ends at dh's moose camp and will be back by late Thursday if not sooner. So that means me getting up at 530am again on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday....eeek...I'm so not a morning person and the coffee maker can't make the coffee quick enough (lol), I don't want to use the timer because I don't leave my coffee maker plugged in.

Wishing everyone a wonderful evening!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

andit so sorry about your friends brother
    -I made plans today to go out with goodfriends I made at my last job-we are going to swiss chalet on Thursday-one friend Is 70 and she has no husband or kids she always said she could be like a mom to me

-jasper awesome your trailer sold-see its great making extra money- i made 88.00 from kijiji this summer/fall
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sun, Oct 19th, 2014 at 05:21 PM.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

well im impressed. just finished turning 5 cakes mixes into about a 100+ cookies. at $.97 awesome deal.
    pretty tired now though.
    who's cooking dinner? i'll bring dessert and do dishes
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    What a day. I decided when I woke up this morning I would wash the bedding and change out the current bedding for our winter bedding. We have what we call teddy bear sheets for the winter which keep you nice and warm which is needed as even if we want too we cannot turn out heaters on until some massive cleaning takes place. I got my bedding in the washer and dryer and went to get mom's but she kind of snapped at me so her bedding did not get done.

I have been telling my mom for weeks that I need to dig out my health walker so I can start working out again but we really have no where to set it up, but due to my frustration I do not care anymore I will find somewhere to set it up. It has been packed away for 4 years since we moved in. So I have been warning her for weeks I am digging it out and will find somewhere to set it up. Really there are only two options, the stockpile room or my room, but I do not think I can get it up two flights of stairs so stockpile room it is. Well today I dug it out, when I went to get Mom's sheets I was going to ask for her help but since she snapped at me I did it myself, it went pretty well until I put it down on my own toe. But it is out and I have even found a way to put it away in the stockpile room so it does not need to live in the middle of the floor. Now I just need to do a little rearranging so I finish clearing the floor and can I can set it up to be used.

This morning I also made myself so more cereal. Earlier this year I was trying to cut out all package products (realized this will not happen right now, it is just not currently possible with my lifestyle) so now I am just trying to cut back. The first thing I did was start making my own cereal well now I have spoiled myself as a little awhile ago I did not have time to make cereal so I bought a box (on sale of course) and well I did not like it very much, it was okay but my homemade is SO much better, so now I have to make my own cereal. I also made Healthy Peanut Butter rice Krispie Squares to hopefully curb Mom's sweet tooth, they are good but a little sweet for my liking, too much honey I think.

I did want to get a lot more cooking but did not get it done, took my a little longer than expected to dig out the health walker and Mom's attitude this morning, well it did not leave me in the best mood. It actually left me really frustrated because she came home last night in a mood too. I am trying to be strong and not let it bother me but well yeah just kind of feeling like I cannot get ahead right now. We have so much to get done at home and now that is back at work she is not helping at all. I am doing all of the cleaning and trying to keep up with everything but now she is all over me about the fact that I have no social life. When and where am I supposed to find time to go out not to mention she knows I have no friends and going out alone not really fun and as for dating yeah let's not go there. The closest I got to a date was my friend who last I heard was still in medically induced coma and am kind of feeling lately like I did not see how special he was until he might be gone. Don't get me wrong I wanted to go out with him before but I was worried he would be like the others and change his mind and I did not see how special we really was. But than again both of us thought we had time (he wanted to take it slow as much as I did) but now time is standing still for him and I am hoping and praying to still have a chance once he wakes up.

But I am trying to be positive and stay strong even when it gets hard.

Hope everyone has a great day, off to make dinner, tonight is Burgers with Roasted Potatoes.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-Ashley do stay strong we are here for you
    - I know what it is like to live with your mother -since I lived with mine 6 and a half years
    -sometimes she would treat me like a little kid -other times not(frustrating)
    -then the last few years-I was like the mother (reversed roles)-somedays its hard I remember

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Ashley, I think I would suggest just letting your Mum wash her own sheets when she feels the need. I would definitely want help with the housework unless my Mum was disabled( which she was for a time this summer after her fall) so I did wait on her hand and foot for a few weeks and now she is again able to still do for herself at 82. Anyway just my opinion-it sounds to me like you are really pushing yourself at work and at home and yet still perhaps not being fully appreciated. Time for you to slow down a bit and have some me time-and if your Mum gets cranky she can take out her frustrations on the dishes or bathroom! Boy I sound really tough don't I- Certainly if a person is elderly or disabled I get that they need help but it sounds like your Mum is able to do more at home? Take care. L

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Well I didn`t get to Zehrs. She said come early...we always play aggravation and today we got thoroughly trounced. The guys always win more than we do but today if you looked up pathetic in the dictionary you would have seen our pictures. lol

@ Nancy Congrats on selling your trailer.

@ Ashley Hang in there. I never had my mother live with me, thank goodness. I know it wouldn`t have worked, our lifestyles were way too different. I agree with Lizzie...let her do her own thing and demand some help with the everyday chores. You can`t do everything...you are only one person and deserve to have some time for yourself.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We spent a LOT of money yesterday when we were in Regina, most of it was spent on new dress clothes for dh. We used 2 free icoke movie tickets and saw Equalizers.

I haven't been feeling well since about supper time yesterday. I had a long nap this afternoon, but it didn't help much. I spent a good hour sorting, folding, etc. my clothes. I put away my summer clothes, made a bag of clothes to give away, and washed a load of blue dress shirts. Also washed a load of towels and dh's clothes are currently in the wash. I have other loads of laundry waiting for tomorrow. I am already booked to teach Tuesday-Thursday this week. I am going to have a good pay cheque next month.

edit: A teacher just called me in for tomorrow. I am booked to teach Wed-Friday for her. I have 5 teaching days from this teacher this month. I now have 15.11 teaching days this month. I still have 3 days available at the end of the month.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Oct 20th, 2014 at 12:09 AM.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 33 of 57 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast

Thread Information